I'm acting!

Post webms of (or link to) scenes that you think are examples of either very good or very bad acting.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iDsMEZ0wi1Q
youtube.com/watch?v=SFxQ-EdFl_M
youtu.be/RyzDRc34l2g
youtube.com/watch?v=BV3roWM0DSs
youtube.com/watch?v=suttG1NrCqU
youtube.com/watch?v=S73swRzxs8Y
vimeo.com/99326658
youtube.com/watch?v=igBIlP181XE
youtube.com/watch?v=RINU1ngwtQc
youtube.com/watch?v=7uiRCESx_eE
youtube.com/watch?v=a9Ga570KBFY
youtube.com/watch?v=tPxSLXTWy-E
youtube.com/watch?v=VVJy15ItE1E
youtube.com/watch?v=GOEqtcQkHsg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtube.com/watch?v=iDsMEZ0wi1Q
Ethan Hawke is pretty good honestly. Funny how I only noticed when I watched him in this dumb horror flick

come on niggers
youtube.com/watch?v=SFxQ-EdFl_M

I think this is shit acting but other people seem to think it is great. Maybe its just cus I just hated Jeff Daniels fake "I'm the authority here!" acting in The Martian. Also what he's saying pisses me off.
youtu.be/RyzDRc34l2g

youtube.com/watch?v=BV3roWM0DSs

Probably one of the most compelling performances of the modern era.

youtube.com/watch?v=suttG1NrCqU

youtube.com/watch?v=S73swRzxs8Y

that bitch was great in that movie

Someone post that Act Gadot webm from Keeping Up with the Joneses

the slap looked fake as all hell but all the arguing looked great. She does a great job playing a crazy bitch

this is some of the best from Matty D if you ask me. It is from the beginning of Contagion.
I love how he goes through the stages of grief. Shock / denial, bargaining, anger

I see the harrenhal stuff posted aot. Is this bad acting or is it just posted because its cia man?

Bc itsh off the table

what a pain in the ass
he should let her go

People acting "Smart" when they're written in a way that is stupid always comes off poorly

Aiden Gillen is objectively a terrible actor. He's not even good for TV standards, I don't know how he even gets roles in big movies. If you don't believe me then just watch Calvary. He is fucking awful in every scene he's in, and other than his god-awful acting the movie is pretty good.

example:
vimeo.com/99326658

He can't, his character is a massive cuck in the most literal sense of the word.

That's perfect, though. Have you ever really argued with a woman?

THIS

i dont know how he got so bad since he was in the wire

he was good there but everything else he's in he's been terrible

terrible casting as LF

Combination of a lot of that. I'm just baffled as to what the fuck accent he's going for.

>she kidnaped you, tried to axecute you
>I SHUPPOSH DAEHSH OFF THE TABLE ASH WELL

OP here, I thought the acting was very good in that webm.

I said post either very good or very bad acting, because most people here don't seem to know of any examples of good acting off the top of their head.

2 minutes of switching between the same 2 camera angles. Almost put me to sleep.

>vimeo.com/99326658
That was unironically fantastic desu.

youtube.com/watch?v=igBIlP181XE

the whole movie

youtube.com/watch?v=RINU1ngwtQc

Gena is the best

ugh, i want to beat the shit out of her

>that sadistic grin at the end

when did they make a movie about my ex fiance

what are you smoking?
the dialog, editing, cinematography etc was good because it's from a good movie, but almost any other movie actor could have delivered those lines much better. What the hell was with that Irish accent? It sounded fucking terrible

Why does it look like she's wearing a human skin mask that's coming a bit loose?

because she's ACTING

It seems that whenever the director has a good relationship with the actor and can make the actor really share his vision for the scene, then the acting turns out great. If there is a dissonance in that vision and the director is vague and uncommunicative, then the acting can be pretty bad even when you have actors who are normally quite good in other movies.

Method acting is a meme

What is this movie? Is she playing mentally retarded?

>animatronics

youtube.com/watch?v=7uiRCESx_eE
Compare this to GoT, where there are like 2 good actors left on the show.

I'm not watching that whole thing. Give me a timecode for a particular scene

He crashed his acting with no survivors.

>Aiden Gillen is objectively a terrible actor

For you

What do you want, jump cuts? Flashbacks of him kissing his wife interspersed between lines of dialog? Them to zoom in on Matt Damon's pupils dilating when he finally realizes? It's filmed the way it is on purpose so as to not distract you from the very grounded and serious conversation at hand

Oh boy this webm again

If any of you actually watched this piece of shit movie you'd know her character is supposed to be a super dork. This is how dorky girls act

Adjani is 10/10

>What is this movie?

me before you

>I just watched my first every frame a painting video

Is it just me or does acting always seems better when you don't understand the language and are reading subtitles? I always thought City of God had great acting even though the entire cast is made of literal-whos from Brazil

>early model skinjob, colorized

what movie?

She's a great actress. Sam Neill on the other hand is horrible

someone needs to do a pacino version

that's nepotism for you

u wot m8

Damon is terrible

>all these annoying facial expressions involving her eyebrows

Christ she's insufferable

Holy fuck it's like theatre actor

pretty much everything Ray Wise does in Twin Peaks

youtube.com/watch?v=a9Ga570KBFY

my sides break every time

possession. it came out in 1981, i believe.

true

>This is how dorky girls act
No it's not.

I'M SCARED SPOCK

he's objectively not

oh, didn't realize it was the same girl from the OP

>Shock / denial, bargaining, anger

Yeah wow such great writing!

Kill yourself immediately

it's not even writing, that's literally how like 50% of people react when they learn of a sudden and very unexpected hospital death of a loved one from the Doctor. Soderbergh and Damon decided to film the scene like that on the fly after talking about what they'd heard from real ER doctors about how real people react to bad news. The stages of grief aren't just some made up thing that only exists in textbooks and movies.

Wow, I'm so shocked. I will later be in denial, then bargaining, then anger, what great writing.

Is she supposed to be retarded in this flick?

you are both wrong

there is differences in broad quirks

holy fuck you two are stupid

so explain, how should he have reacted then? I don't see anything unrealistic about it; the stages are not even clearly defined or in the correct order.

He didn't straight up deny like "you're lying!", he just failed to acknowledge what they were telling him at first because he didn't want it to be true.
Bargaining was more just him saying "How?? She was fine just last night."
And anger was just him getting frustrated because the doctor was going on and on with medical gibberish and even subtly accusing his wife of having herpes when he just wanted to know how the fuck it even happened

Best actors thread is nextdoors, user.

this thread is for both good and bad, and posting actual video evidence to support.

Nic Cage can honestly be pretty good sometimes, but he has to be passionate about his role and be working with a director who understands His problem is he just takes every role offered to him because he's terrible with his money, so a lot of the time the end result isn't so great.

>it doesn't fit my narrative and I hated him in another movie so it's shitty

He's irish, the movie is set on a rural village in ireland and you are complaining about the accent? Idiot

this is great scene and fucking awesome movie

>very good

He's not complaining that the accent was there, he's saying that it was poorly done you fucking retard.

>marriage.webm

literally, LITERALLY. for all your neckbeard virgins, that's what being married is really like behind closed doors.

don't ever get married. ever. save your money for yourself instead, fuck whores when in need

Me on the left.

God, Jenna Coleman should've been the main chick on this fucking movie

Chris!?

>vimeo.com/99326658 i thought he was good in the wire,
then again i kept picturing him as that
real television preacher

Does he gamble or what?

maybe if you marry a literal crazy bitch because you rushed into it without really getting to know her.
Everyone fights, but most married couples don't have arguments like *that*

He tries way too hard to sound extra-Irish. It takes an exceptionally bad actor to make his own natural accent sound fake. He could have just talked normally and he would've sounded much better.

I think i am in love with shelley

i watched this movie in a gmod cinema server. good times

But i like that scene
Its how i expect a lot of people react to such news, refusal to believe and denial, or anger, or just crying

>Holy fuck it's like theatre actor
CIA is a theater actor, before he went into tv and movies he acted on stage for over a decade

she looks like ricky gervais

Very good acting

youtube.com/watch?v=tPxSLXTWy-E

Tobey wanted an Oscar so bad

youtube.com/watch?v=VVJy15ItE1E

people on here and Sup Forums give grant a lot of shit for his acting and even though the latest season was ehh this was some good shit

youtube.com/watch?v=GOEqtcQkHsg

is third bitch from the left that girl from those blacked videos

This movie is reason I can't tell the difference between macguire and gyllenhaal

That whole movie:(
Pretty terrible thing to be cornered into madness out of love.

why would you say third from the left? you meant the middle one, right? so why would you say third from the left? if you did because the last person on the right is just a default profile picture then you should have said the 2nd from the right as that would have been where she was and it's easier to understand but you said the third from the left, why?

That's fucking awesome what's wrong with you

the thread is about examples of bad AND good acting

I didn't read the OP besides the title. Now I feel retarded. Pls forgive me user