Was MacReady a thing?

was MacReady a thing?

No.

Yes.

you sure about that?

Maybe.

haven't seen the 80's movie in a while, but read somewhere that the black guy had an earring in the final scene. we know from the 2011 movie that if he were an alien the earring would have fallen out. so we know at least one of them was not an alien.

as for mac, it's possible, but it seems unlikely unless he got infected in the final encounter.

i hate how they never made a proper sequel. instead we get more alien crap because muh xenomorphs which have already been ruined. the thing is a far more terrifying alien.

No, remember the blood test scene? Childs most likely was assimilated by Blair then ran outside to hide as insurance.

It didn't need a sequel. Also the only other place you could plausibly have a Thing movie would be the goddamn Moon. Otherwise it could just assume a form that is capable of retaining enough heat to make it to a place with an active biosphere. Then it fucks the planet. The only reason The Thing needed to attack people in the movie was because it couldn't just take over plants.

As for why it can't infect via airborne bacterium, I have no idea.

Of course, re-watch the movie.

i agree it shouldn't try to pull a prometheus and go all about muh place of mankind in the universe sort of shit, but there's plenty of (isolated) settings where a classic "thing movie" could work.

He could be a thing be he wans't your daddy

Everyone was a thing.

Including you, the viewer!

Neither of them were. Or at least that's the way I like to think of it because it makes for the best ending.

What about Alaska?
Even better set it during the time between when Russia sells America Alaska, so you have Russians and Americans together with 1800s weaponry to make shit even more frightening since you have hardly anything to fight the Thing with.

Child's wasn't.

Because he had an earring.

...it was set in Antarctica

Wow.

yea he doesnt drink the molotov cocktail

Yeah?
Are you saying Antarctica is the same place as Alaska? Or?..

its a fucking snow area what difference does it fucking make you autistic piece of faget shit

>All places with snow are the same
Are you fucking stupid or something? Do you got brain problems?
Antarctica doesn't have trees first of all you dense fuck. Second of all we couldn't get Thing Polar bears or Kodiaks in Antarctica. Thirdly the time period. Fourthly go fuck yourself.

You'd probably say the same shit if I mentioned it taking place in the Northern Ural Mountains during the Soviet Union because it has snow too.
The Thing needs to have snow, how the fuck else can The Thing not have snow. That's like Alien not having space. Fuck you.

No, the game and comics say so

Does this theory even hold up or is it just a joke? I thought Childs was the one that had the bottle of liqor.

Childs was the thing, no doubt about it.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

Yes
source: I'm also a thing

>earring
>drinking poison
Nah

Hear me out here:

>Thing movie
>Set in the late 1930's
>On the Nazi Antarctic Expeditions

You could build in the SS R&D divisions finding the flying saucers and whatnot. Have a whole different cast of people than the first one. Stoic sub captain, hardass army officer, goofy enlisted guys, conscripted Czech's who hate the Third Reich, scientists who aren't caught up in politics, creepy intelligence officer who was like 90% sure this was all gonna happen, etc