Death Note

Will it be good?

no

probably not
the directors only made 1 good film and 1 passable one

It'll be a terrible adaptation of Death Note and a passable standalone flick.

As long as it doesn't have Near it'll be better than the anime.

Jesus christ, I'm cringing....

Death Note the anime was some cringey boring shit.

Fuck off mate, the first half was great.

need some ideas for a 2 minute video for my film studies class, any ideas?

It was a poor mans LOTGH.

Well, since the source material itself wasn't good, the adaptation likely won't be either.

Once that weirdo L shows up it goes way off the rails.
>herr derr only this autistic teenager can help the cops solve crimes
It's like a high schoolers fanfiction

The fact that they are in high school means nothing to do with the plot. I think there are a grand total of 2 scenes of them in a school.

>NIGA WHY YOU SITTING LIEK U WHERE IN SCHOOL?

Original series is the most contrived, "I know that you know that I know that they know that you know that I know.". The story has promise as a premise but when every plot turn can just be deus ex machina'd as the main character being clairvoyant it becomes trite.

Good setting, really terribly written story.

There's very little clairvoyancy in the first part of the show, most of the deductions are logical if not a little too neat. When Near comes in is when they go full on psychic Mary Sue.

Since that's a Netflix gig both Light and Misa are getting blacked.

Light dies alone.

nothing based on anime/manga can be good because anime and manga are shit to begin with.

>L is giving out public speeches
Fuck no. Are you shitting me?

The acting is fucking atrocious
I don't even care that he's black, but god damn, his delivery is just...

It's like they just used one take for every scene they filmed.

Think on the positive, this fucking kike won't get any roles after this disaster comes out

WE

They based that shit in Seattle, so it is instantly garbage just for that reason.
But also. Lol only the super smart black guy can stahp da evil white kid who tink he better den eberyone else.

Did you have a stroke in your second sentence? Is there someone we can call to check on you?

Nah bosse I wuz just usin dat KANG talk yu no wut Im sain' hommie?

The thing that bothers me the most is not L being black or the stupid mask he is wearing or the fact that aparently he gives public speeches (wich completely misses the point of being the greatest detective of the world who as a person is a complete mistery), its not Misa, who obviously because its 2017 she can't be the submissive cunt she is, so I can't say anything about that, Light is my problem, from the trailers I asume they completely changed his personality and now he is just an bitter loser teenager, Light was always in the wrong but his charm is what makes him so popular and this movie simply doesn't give me this vibe. The only good thing out of this mess will probably be Riuk..

Why do they keep fucking changing the Night King's design!?

be better than that fucking TV show "THE MIST"

Nah, here's what it is; Light always believed himself to be right/JUSTICE but this cuck in the trailer straight up says we're not the good guys anymore and he's into this Misa cheerleader where originally he just used the bitch.

That shit is irredeemable garbage

nice meme show, you're so much deeper than those other girls

Dafoe will be the best part of this.

That excuse for L or Light makes me want to punch the internet.

This. Light is the biggest problem about this mess. They're playing him off as some loser who has a grudge instead of some idealist who's given too much power to do what the thinks is right.

In the original Light actually sort of has you on his side for the first part and you sort of keep rooting for him even when he goes off to the deep end. You know what he does is fucked up but you still don't want to see him get caught.