Classical art appreciation thread

Challenge: Only content you've already saved, no google!
Have a blessed day, normies :)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z9qsJKvwG3g
youtube.com/watch?v=ncckxAjp8uY
youtube.com/watch?v=JSAd3NpDi6Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I love these threads.

i love how Sup Forums hysterically claims that italians are not white yet about 80% of the paintings you usually see in these threads were painted by italians

Italy is country with arguably the greatest cultural and historical heritage.

southern Italians aren't white.

Only northern italians are white nowadays.

i agree
but still, historically speaking they contributed quite a lot in terms of art and culture.

You're right. They're Mediterranean race.
>FACT: MEDITERRANEANS ARE THE STRONGEST RACE ON THE PLANET

What has the mezzogornio produced in the last 100 years?

It's a meme you dip.

Btw, the glorious Anglo Empire has produced the best works of art

>you will never go to war wearing a glorious red coat
>you will have to wear some ugly camo outfit
World War One ruined everything

I have some good wallpaper sized ones.

> feels bad man

>Wearing a disgusting parliamentarian outfit

Camo at least looks slightly dapper, no chevalier's uniform, though.

wew

artisits name?

>camo looks dapper

boku no squidu

Thank you, I've been looking for that one.

Don't tell me you can't dig this

This looks like video game concept art. You have no taste

What is this painting called/who by?

No, looks like they're going paintballing. Modern military uniforms are pretty shit

The only two good artworks posted so far. You all have some shit taste

Eduard Stiegel, friendo.

> saving non digital art to your computer

Are you fucking retarded? Is this an American thing?
Has this to do with America's lack of proper museums of art?

Fuck off. Why can Americans not understand anything above pop culture. Fucking uncultured savages.
Good painting coming through

Classic paintings. Posts one of the guy who makes halo artwork LUL

The real art thread is on Saturday nights, this is a pale imitation.

Yes, you can just travel to the MET anytime you want to see the artwork there right?

King of the roaches BTFO by dirty Russian Cossacks

Half the people in the thread are posting fucking shitty concept art for video games and films. If not it's normal vetriano tier overly-romanticized shit.
I swear to god Sup Forums is populated by actual retards.

Yeah, I realized I fucked up after it uploaded. Nothing can be done now though.

There's this picture of a chick half-kneeing on a rock, does anyone have it?

Zaporozhian Cossacks to the Turkish Sultan!

O sultan, Turkish devil and damned devil's kith and kin, secretary to Lucifer himself. What the devil kind of knight are you, that can't slay a hedgehog with your naked arse? The devil excretes, and your army eats. You will not, you son of a bitch, make subjects of Christian sons; we've no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, fuck your mother.

You Babylonian scullion, Macedonian wheelwright, brewer of Jerusalem, goat-fucker of Alexandria, swineherd of Greater and Lesser Egypt, pig of Armenia, Podolian thief, catamite of Tartary, hangman of Kamyanets, and fool of all the world and underworld, an idiot before God, grandson of the Serpent, and the crick in our dick. Pig's snout, mare's arse, slaughterhouse cur, unchristened brow, screw your own mother!

So the Zaporozhians declare, you lowlife. You won't even be herding pigs for the Christians. Now we'll conclude, for we don't know the date and don't own a calendar; the moon's in the sky, the year with the Lord, the day's the same over here as it is over there; for this kiss our arse!

>I have no taste and I must complain

>don't have an art folder
>spend ten minutes trying to find something that hasn't been posted
FUCKING

MFW the turkish leader will never read a letter from my bros and me telling him to eat shit and fuck his mother

Aye

>grimshaw

manigga

mostly great posts so far lads.

PhD student in the History of Art at a western university, almost ready to leave to go back to school. AMA

>inb4 jobs, etc

we all know western civilisation and our productions need to be protected, you wouldn't believe the (((SUBVERSIVE))) elements in higher education undermining those ideals these days.

;P

Those are my two favorite paintings. They make me feel like I'm there.

youtube.com/watch?v=Z9qsJKvwG3g

Throwing in this. Art is art, right ?

Best enjoyed as a whole, the way it's meant but keep an eye out for 1:53, it's a beautiful passage.

Good idea, user.

youtube.com/watch?v=ncckxAjp8uY

Grimshaw illustrations + original facsimiles of the sherlock holmes short stories from the strand magazine would make an amazing publication.

His gritty, very tangible forms of nightlife of the cities brings about this realism that I feel is unparalleled, and accurately depicts what I understand of that period. You can almost taste the foggy air, and hear the eery but peaceful silence.

True to form, the mystery of his paintings is mirrored in his personal life, where he left virtually nothing in terms of paperwork, letters, journals, official documents, NOTHING!

great taste!

late 19th c french music, especially the minimalists/impressionists, is super underrated.

youtube.com/watch?v=JSAd3NpDi6Q

>tfw thread is now reaching comfy mode

I love this one

I have the Siege of La Rochelle in my kitchen

Vytautas, my man.

As a musician it's not hard to enjoy a fair amount of classical music, but even though I am not too knowledgeable on the history of music in those times, it always felt like we've really fallen down from Debussy (late 19th, early 20th century) to the slave-inspired blues (which I must admit, has some depth in terms of feeling each other when playing together), that slowly evolved into the earlier forms of pop we know it, the 4 chord songs.

From what I remember, Debussy didn't buy into a lot of 'rules' such as metrum and scales, but he evolved the style into something slightly more free, without making the mistake we know as 'post-modern art'.

Sometimes I wonder, am I overreacting by simply missing entire generations of classical composers that kept on building on the foundations of Bach, Vivaldi, Chopin and Debussy, and improve music theory as we know it, or is it actually game over ?