/who/ - Doctor Who General

McGann edition.

PREVIOUSLY

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/b_5pYKl5vMnU-QznybczHQ/
tardis.wikia.com/wiki/The_Fishmen_of_Kandalinga_(short_story)
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/64108874/#64113658
youtu.be/NnTSbFeWwro
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/64108874/#q64114977
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

damn iggy pop looks like *that*?

meta drama is fucking lame

>Trip Council

Holy Reddit, Batman.

i agree. FNA should give up his trip so he stops derailing threads with his presence.

Lymerence stop making the thread early. I know it's you because you're the only one who
a. makes it early
b. posts that image

>Blames janitors for his ban

You're all gonna buy the complete set of Companion Chronicles in the current sale, aren't you?

The fact FNA acted the retard 2 years ago has not detailed a thread since, er, 2 years ago.

I haven't bought a Big Finish audio since early 2016.

I posted it at the bump limit though?

jenna's sweater puppies, triggering faggots til the end of time

>I broke the rules
>But somehow it's not my fault
>Guess I'll blame someone else
his underage mind has some trouble understanding consequences i guess. his lack of self awareness also contributes to a lack of self development, quite sad really. unlike the doctor, he cannot regenerate, he's doomed to be stuck in his stagnant mindset until he takes off his trip

It's good to see you took off your trip to comment, if only to defend yourself. but your attempt to change the issue is kinda sad. the issue was never the jenna pic, which i rather enjoy. the issue was you talking and whinging about your bans so much. the ban for posting jenna, i agree was silly. your behaviour afterwards, leading to further bans, is the hilariously sad affair. your reddit tier meltdown and creation of that image is the worst of it

Exactly

real life isn't moffat who, he doesn't just get to wipe everyone's memories and act like it never happened

FUCK THE POLICE

im all for saying fuck the jannies, the fuzz, whoever else. the issue isnt what happened to FNA, its how he reacted. seriously, look at the image he made how inflated must his ego be if he thought people would care about that self aggrandising crap

DAMNNNN FNA ACTS LIKE *THAT*???

I remember it happened, I also give less and less of a shit the more time elapses since the event.
>accuse anyone who disagrees of being [insert trip here]
We had this exact same thing this morning with Immigrant. "Anons who go on le ebin personal crusade against specific trips" is rapidly becoming the worst, most schizophrenic and most cancerous genre of posters.

Huh, sorry I guess. Most threads are made at the bump limit though, often even earlier. I've been trying to fight the urge, I'm considering stopping myself from posting new threads.

ha. i see what you did just now bud, superrob if you will. legit ironic really. i admit that was a stylish move. give me some time to lick my wounds, but i'll be back. well played.

>post something totally off topic
>it gets deleted
Whoa wow

Is anyone interested in reading The World Shapers? I'm up for a storytime.

Do it!

that was two years ago so I don't really see how this an issue

trip drama is pointless and derails threads

you'll be sorry when i'm finished with you you little shit

Now this thread really brings me back.

Alright, here we go

How long has the sound effect 'VWORP VWORP' been used for the TARDIS?

Looking pretty manly there Colin

Six.

You should have seen that user actually in 2015, check this out archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/b_5pYKl5vMnU-QznybczHQ/ That doesn't count all the variations he made with slight alterations to get past the duplicate filter

lol

>Neo Cloister
I was around back then matey, though not with this face, it's true. I've read your thoughts on the matter many times.

>Uh, Doc, while we're on the subject of distress...
absolute madman

>no Brucie thread
what the fuck

>archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/b_5pYKl5vMnU-QznybczHQ/
holy fucking kek

Fun fact: Morrison is referencing the 1966 Doctor Who Annual story "The Fishmen of Kandalinga" here tardis.wikia.com/wiki/The_Fishmen_of_Kandalinga_(short_story)

>Remember when Doctor Who had other Time Lords and TARDISes?

It gets better

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/64108874/#64113658
l m a o i remember this fucking thread. Look at the linked comments about FNA specifically, they get more and more disturbed

Relevant thread theme: youtu.be/NnTSbFeWwro

That's fucking awesome.

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/64108874/#q64114977
haha wtf

("Planet 14" is mentioned by the Cyber-Controller in The Invasion, in case you haven't seen it)

someone tell me why Frobisher hasn't been in more Big Finish audios

GOAT
>girl in the fire place

VERY GOOD
>the impossible planet ~ the satan pit

OKAY

>the christmas invasion
>army of ghosts ~ doomsday
>love and monsters

SHIT
>tooth and claw
>school reunion
>rise of the cybermen ~ the age of steel
>new earth
>the idiot's lantern
>fear her

;_;

GOAT
>Impossible Planet / Satan Pit
>Tooth and Claw (controversial choice)

VERY GOOD
>Girl in the Fireplace
>Army of Ghosts / Doomsday

OKAY
>Love and Monsters
>School Reunion
>Christmas Invasion

NOT VERY GOOD
>Rise of the Cybermen / Age of Steel
>Idiot's Lantern

WHY DID THEY EVEN BOTHER?
>Fear Her
>New Earth

>they evolve into the cibberymen through a time acceleration process
Damn, Moffat didn't just reference this comic, he ripped it off as well!

>I suggest you remember our auras
WDHMBT?

F

They didn't sell well.
that's the reason they've given before quite explicitly. Apparently they're still among the lowest selling releases ever.

Fucking plebs not getting kino.

>first four panels of the second row
Out of context it looks like the Doctor and pals are hitting up some drugs

The time-acceleration ending is very reminiscent of The Daleks' Master Plan.

Doctor Who is dead.

why were the OldWho Time Lords such dicks

There you go, that was The World Shapers. A story built on a minor reference from The Invasion that links the Cybermen with the Voord and throws in Time Lords and Jamie for good measure.
And yet, somehow, it works and isn't just a big mass of fanwank.

Doctor Who IS ALIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!!!

This isn't a very good bingo desu

>no 'edge lusting after tennant' but two shit trips
ree

>people being nice to each other
kinda cute that that's considered typical considering where we are

>no square for MelAnon

"Shit Trips" refers to the compilation, "Shit trips" refers to you and I

>Within five million years, the Cybermen will have evolved again. Beyond the need for bodies. They will become pure thought...The most peace-loving and advanced race in the universe...They will lead us into a new era of understanding.

Well fuck. Why does no-one ever cover this part?

Far from the last time Grant Morrison's been able to shove mountains of continuity into a story and make it work. I almost wish he stuck around with Doctor Who so he could implement Hypercrisis there instead of in the DCU.

A proper /who/ bingo would be around 10x10 if I'm being honest

oh kek

Yeah mine was more of a proof-of-concept, if we wanted to do one properly it'd be best to collab

I'm a shit trip...but probably not the one you're expecting

lel, multiple squares on there trigger me, so you've done a very good job

Possibly because "Oh, the Cybermen ultimately had the right idea all along and their years of mutilating people were the building blocks to a better world" sounds a bit iffy.

It's also canon. Thank you, Moff.

>archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/64108874/#q64114977
Wait, what? Marinus becomes Mondas? How the fuck does that work? hat completely doesn't at all work with Spare Parts nor how the cybermen even looked in Tenth Planet. Plus, weren't the cybermen supposed to be human? Not... Voord?

Funnily enough that sounds somewhat like what happens to the Borg in the non-canon Star Trek novels.

>RTD makes an Alan Moore comic canon
>Moff makes a Morrison comic canon
Now to wait for Chibnall to make that one Warren Ellis story canon.

BILL: Is this what happens when you understand what everyone in the universe is saying? Everybody just sounds like children?
DOCTOR: There are exceptions.

Who do you think the Doctor was talking about?

>hat completely doesn't at all work with Spare Parts
This was written in 1987

Who likes Jenna's feetsies

>Based entirely upon the their televised appearance, it would be possible to believe that the Voord were not necessarily a species at all, but merely a cultural grouping of Arbitans. Arbitan tells Ian Chesterton, "The man who just attacked me was a Voord." Later, he also describes Yartek as "a man named Yartek".

12 says that Cybermen are the end result of multiple planets beyond Mondas and Parallel Earth. Telos and Marinus were namedropped as other places that had Cybermen origin points. So the Cybermen from Tomb of the Cybermen weren't Mondasian.

>This was written in 1987
That's fair.

I guess I always thought that the point of the cybermen and Mondas as they appeared on the show was that they were supposed to be a direct parallel to Earth and us, and having them be from Marinus completely changes that. It feels like it just takes that element away. That, and from an aesthetic point of view the Voord turning into cybermen look more like Invasion cybermen than Tenth Planet ybermen and it doesn't make sense in my head that they skip the Tenth Planet look and go straight to Invasion.

tl;dr - autism

Nah I wouldn't wave away what you're saying, you have a keen eye for the actual ideas behind The Tenth Planet. Luckily I feel like
liberates the cybermen in that we don't have to try and tie together their origins in ways that hurt their actual stories anymore.

>Possibly because "Oh, the Cybermen ultimately had the right idea all along and their years of mutilating people were the building blocks to a better world" sounds a bit iffy.
It doesn't say that at all though, the point is that they eventually abandon that idea. It's an exploration of the difference in methods between the Doctor and the Time Lords: he tries to stop evil whenever he encounters it, they work for a more long-term purpose and will allow evil things to happen in order to reach that purpose.