ITT: Flawless films

ITT: Flawless films

>ITT: Films that are overrated by casual viewers because they're at the start of alphabetical "classic films" lists.

ftfy

T H I S

was HEEERES JOHNNYYYY intentionally comedic? dont get me wrong,i love the film

I always found it funny. Shelley Duvall pissed herself though.

She was on coke, though.

>the perfect film doesn't exi...

>was HEEERES JOHNNYYYY intentionally comedic? dont get me wrong,i love the film
I mean, it's supposed to come off as so ludicrously batshit. That's why it's so memorable. She's fleeing for her life, and he's having a grand old time. It's the equivalent of if, in a slasher film now, the killer busted through the door screaming a line from Conan or SNL.

If you're going to push a scorcese film as "perfect", at least pick something from his Top 5.

Not having Goodfellas in your Scorsese top 5 is a sign of down's syndrome.

>How to Cause a Mistrial: The Film

No one's allowed to make this kind of post without providing an example so we can all shit on their taste.

does she show pusy

B A S E D
P U S S Y
P O S T E R

>Flawless Films

No women, No blacks, no Asians, No Hispanic. You can keep your dated racist movie.

they shouldn't have shown the accused in the beginning of the movie

Paths of Glory is the best Kubrick film.

The accused is a spic, though.

White people let a guilty man go becuase of white guilt

The "racist" guy was right. And there all a bunch of cucks

Iirc it was a Nicholson adlib. Kubrick probably had him doing dozens of different takes and JN was probably really starting to lose his shit when he just gave no fucks and then made cinematic history.

only true answer

That's a good point

nice, reminded me I wanted to rewatch this a few days ago, perfect film imo

I like it, but it's not as smart as it seems, or rather, it's more manipulative than deep. It's written in a way that makes the viewers feel smarter than they actually are. Very often the viewer will connect the dots a lot quicker than the characters, which is a very cheap way to make the audience member feel intelligent. Juror 7 is particularly bad, as he is just a straight-up poorly written caricature of a simple person, literally saying "duh" at certain points.

The racism scene also feels very contrived and preachy.

It's good and very entertaining, but not particularly deep, though the sheer craft of it is spectacular. Wonderful cinematography and pacing, and the rising tension is exhilarating.

>owns the exact same switchblade and took it with him to jury duty
BULL FUCKING SHIT