Female Gladiator Series Coming to The CW

>Female Gladiator Series Coming to The CW

screenrant.com/the-cw-female-gladiator-series-the-valiant/

lel

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gladiatrix
youtube.com/watch?v=yAWfK5LEGIg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There were female gladiators, strangely enough.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaas. Finally a show with female warriors like me. I feel so represented.

So what, it's gonna be 10 hours of playfighting with scantily dressed slaves or 10 hours of women getting thrown to the lions before the main event started?

>The CW

That means no nudes. And limited blood. Pass.

How many white men will she kill?

LMAO

>female
>gladiator
kinda defeats the purpose unless she's fighting other females and they're naked

and they were a joke

Will they be buxom babes or sinewy flat uggos? We all know the answer

>“The series would follow a Celtic princess on the run from an arranged marriage and a sheltered life who is captured and forced into slavery under Julius Caesar. She ends up training among the first wave of female Gladiators to compete in the Colosseum for fame, fortune and, ultimately, her freedom.”

I'm pretty sure there are going to be niggeromans there

We they show gladiator pusy?

sinewy flat uggos who don't need no man, killing 50 guys before breakfast and still looking lit while doing it, while the audience shouts YAAASSS QUEEEN SLAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY

We are going to have sexy lesbian gladiator scenes
>CW
nevermind

>Historians of the time tell us that, as there was no precedent for the capital punishment of a virgin, she was violated by the executioner, with the rope on her neck. Then they were strangled and their bodies, mere children as they were, were flung down the Gemoniae.

Roman Mercy

will this actually do well?
I mean does this even have a target audience? will they have high school drama in the gladiator training room?

no I'm fucking maximum xe isn't right for xer

Women are strong, get over it.

>10 hours of playfighting with scantily dressed slaves

Yes, and it won't be good.

Redpill me on Sejanus. How did he piss them off so much that they decided to rape and murder his family.

Female gladiators were actually a thing:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gladiatrix

do they get raped by monkeys in the Colosseum in this show?

aaaaaand nobody cared just like female sports nowadays outside of beach volleyball.

YASS SLAYY

YAAAAAAAAAAAAS

>Redpill me on Sejanus

I gotcha bro

Yet they were a thing. You don't have to like it, but that doesn't erase their existence.

But as it's stated on that wiki text, they probably were just a novelty and pretty rare at that. And I doubt they were pitted against men at all, where as this series will have her fight scores of them.

In all seriousness, will this show encourage dark-skinned women to be more combative and aggressive?

Should we be worried?

Who would ever watch this feminist shit?

Amirite guise?

Does anyone have the baboon urine pasta?

kys

>Celtic
Wtf

DELETE THIS

She's a strong Nubian Celt. What's the problem?

All your reactions are just proving that shows like these are badly needed.

>Yet they were a thing. You don't have to like it, but that doesn't erase their existence.

If only more people could accept this way of thinking.

can't wait for the gavin mcinnes video on this desu

We are already oversaturated by shows like this, you reddit cunt

They're badly needed because a bunch of nobodies on the internet make fun of it? What sense does that make?

I wanna do this TO

This guy or gal

Lol they just cast her to finish her contract. She played waller on arrow until they killed her off.

You do realise that gladiators were the professional wrestlers of their time, correct? The irony of this is that Gladiator (a movie people see as historically accurate for some reason) is less accurate than this might possibly be.

There were female gladiators, and they were just as well received as the males.

What's the problem?

desu if it's just women vs. women they I can buy it. The whole gladiator games are vastly over-bloodied in modern media but that's par for the course anyway.

I'm like 90% sure they'll have her going full YAS KWEEN SLAY on silly boys though.

I guarantee they'll have her fight men. And it will be historically inaccurately bloody.

>Female Gladiator

AKA: 98lb super model beats the shit out of NFL linebackers....

uhmmmm girls can be warriors too sweetie

True, there is a clear distinction between female warrior and female gladiators, as sending your women out to fight for your tribe is retarded, while a decadent society displaying women fighting each other for novelty is realistic. However, you are naive if you think that this will be a historically accurate depiction of an ancient circus, and not a full-on display of YAS KWEEN SLAY.

>and they were just as well received as the males
>american education

¡That's not a fair comparison.
That man is half-machine.

I know a skinny girl who would climb up there no problem. So I don't know what the hell that chick is doing.

So basically guro is becoming a mainstream TV spectacle?
Because I feel like half of this show's viewers will just be people wanting to see sexy women getting gruesomely killed in the arena.

those girls are hot

dumb webm, they were expecting someone to help him which is a completely normal reaction to seeing someone that's missing an arm and leg trying to do that

>No standards will be lowered after allowing women into combat roles

Normies actually believed this.

Your point? I've been in the army. And yes I was carrying the women's personal equipment. But this is television, doesn't matter how strong they are, just how pretty they are to look at.

Christian Propaganda. Just like the animals that the Romans 'trained' to rape lolis to death with.

>Julius Caesar
>Colosseum
Oh, so it's fantasy or either terribly researched.

>doesn't matter how strong they are, just how pretty they are to look at
>>>/gurochan/

>expecting someone to help him
Thats not what expression on their faces meant, cuck apologist

>The gladiatrix (plural gladiatrices) is a modern term for the female equivalent of the gladiator of ancient Rome. Like their male counterparts, female gladiators fought each other, or wild animals, to entertain audiences at various games and festivals. Very little is known about them. They were almost certainly considered an exotic rarity by their audiences. Their existence is known only through a few accounts written by members of Rome's elite, and a very small number of inscriptions. Female gladiators rarely appear in Roman histories. When they do, they are "exotic markers of exceptionally lavish spectacle".[1] In 66 AD, Nero had Ethiopian women, men and children fight at a munus to impress King Tiridates I of Armenia.[2] Romans seem to have found the idea of a female gladiator novel and entertaining, or downright absurd; Juvenal titillates his readers with a woman named "Mevia", a beast-hunter, hunting boars in the arena "with spear in hand and breasts exposed",[3] and Petronius mocks the pretensions of a rich, low-class citizen, whose munus includes a woman fighting from a cart or chariot. A munus circa 89 AD, during Domitian's reign, featured battles between female gladiators, described as "Amazonian".

This is because women permanently fuck up their hips carrying that shit and that makes having kids incredibly difficult. So to avoid lawsuits...

yes it was, you're just terrible at reading a situation or are being purposefully biased to fit a narrative

The mass false portrayal of women as competent fighters in television and movies over the last thirty years is one of the main reasons why people are so deluded now that they're actually letting women into the infantry.

>women are just as capable as men
youtube.com/watch?v=yAWfK5LEGIg

>So to avoid lawsuits...
They could not have the useless bitches in the military in the first place?

Bullshit.

They were amazed at the fact that a one armed man can do what their sorry asses could NOT do.

Fuck off with your bullshit.

So something like that one scene in Rome where Antony makes the nude girls fight each other while he's having a laugh?
Sounds neat.

Exactly.

Females in the military are a joke, and the only thing they do is lower the standards for everyone, and put mens lives at further risk than they already are.

It's the same shit with cops.

That's asking for lawsuits as well under sexual discrimination. It's a lose lose. They usually let them join and then give them an Honourable Discharge. Or ship them to non-frontline combat roles, which is a perfect position for them.

You honestly believe that. Fucking hell, user.

Yes they occupy themselves first how to help the poor handicapped minority before they realize in the last seconds they won't make it up that wall themselves.

which is why they shouldnt be in the mil.

wow great strong women who are just as badass as the men, actually they're more badass, they're basically like the men except they're hotter and smarterer, wtf I love this trend now

sent from my iPhone 6

>Celtic princess
>Black

What did they mean by this

>all this sexism
Um...sweeties....this creation is for a specific reason and is not expect to do main line stuff, but for the purpose of (You)'s, please ignore this

Any other explanation why for the first time in the history of mankind people think sending women to the frontline as anything less than a last resort is a good idea then?

where does it say the lead will be a Black?

And they don't make it. If they do make it, they're basically men anyway. According to the UK, only 5% of applications to front-line infantry is women and only like 2% of them pass.

Don't they have to lower the entrance requirements so women can get in? What's the point? War isn't about equality, it's war.

im pretty sure its true.
theres also a problem when nerds search D&D balance irl.
like women have pros and cons like men do.

biology doesnt work like that. women are objectively inferior at everything.

>According to the UK, only 5% of applications to front-line infantry is women and only like 2% of them pass.
Hene why the British Army is currently 'restructuring' the infantry training course.

Don't delude yourself. They lowered the standards for police officers so more women could join. They lowered the standards for firefighters so more women could join. They lowered the standards for the non-combat military so more women could joint. They will lower standards for anything and everything so more women can make the grade, and to hell with the consequences.

YAAAASSS.

Who cares, it's just more men that are going to die as a result of lowering the standards again, right?

I wonder how many injuries and deaths will be/was the direct consequence of these sorts of measures.

Several reasons.
First of all it is now considered normal for all women to work outside of the home and pursue various careers. Military gets included in this, naturally.
Then there is the casualities. Western armies have not suffered any mass casualities in any war during the last few decades. There is no meatgrinder where hundreds of thousands or millions are lost. So any dead female soldiers will have insignificant impact on demographics.

If you think movies have "tricked" people into thinking women are as strong as men then you are seriously delusional. Everyone who lives in the real world know that men are far stronger. Go outside some more.

Reminder that Australian men got cucked out of the military. This is Sweden-tier.

>"her"

Infantry =! Front-Line infantry. If they can aim and shoot I don't really care. The police officer 'lower standards' was because women were suing the police for being sexually assaulted. The firefighters the women aren't used for holding hoses.

>man wins competition for women
kek

>Go outside some more.
Maybe you should. In my experience whilst almost everyone grudgingly admits that 'on average' men are stronger than women, they are delusional as to the extent. They honestly believe that a moderately trained woman can beat an average man in a fight.

kek

AMERICANS SHOULD STOP APPROPRIATING EUROPEAN CULTURE.

In a fight? Probably. In a fight to the death? No. Men don't hit women is a thing still ingrained in the West.

>theres also a problem when nerds search D&D balance irl.

This one particularly annoys me, this idea that we're basically Fallout characters, and that we all have balanced stats. I've unironically seen people claim that while men are stronger than women, women are more agile than men. It's not just with sex either. I'm fucking sick of nerds pretending that everyone who is a Chad or simply physically fit has to also be stupid. Newsflash, nerds, intelligence correlates with physical fitness, not with how many hours you invest in WoW.

>Men don't hit women is a thing still ingrained in the West.
What's your point?

>If they can aim and shoot I don't really care
I'm sure the wounded man she's failing to drag to safety won't care either.
I'm sure all the men who have to listen to her high pitched childlike squeals as she lies in the road with half her guts & womb ripped out of her belly won't care.
IDF tried this crap and the mixed gender units suffered triple the casualty rates.

If women want to be frontline soldiers then let them, but they should be put in all-female units. Then they can enjoy the fodder status previously enjoyed by subpar infantry.
But we know they'll never make all-female units. They need to be mixed so the women have people to pick up their slack.

Go to bed Tiberius.

>If they can aim and shoot I don't really care
And if someone gets wounded who's gonna pick up that wounded person, and get him out of there? A woman? What about all the gear that infantry have to lug around? 99% of women can't carry that shit over any kind of distance. Infantry isn't just sitting in a foxhole and shooting.

It is 20 God Damn it 17!!!!