Star Wars Thread of News & MASSIVE Spoilers

This is a Star Wars Thread. Use it to discuss:

>How nobody likes Rey.
>Newly revealed major spoilers.
>Reylo, Sloths and other fan myths.
>Newly leaked toys and other products.
>Daisy Ridley's huge teeth and sweet, sweet ass.

And other stuff.

WARNING: Huge spoilers ahead. You've been warned. Turn back now before it's too late.

Other urls found in this thread:

screenrant.com/star-wars-8-last-jedi-luke-kylo-ren-chosen-one/
youtu.be/KdR_I7F2yho
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First up, a potential spoiler that is SO BIG, it could ruin the end of the movie for millions of people.

First, some background info on the OP pic. This image comes from the packaging for the new Lego First Order Star Destroyer.

If you don't already know, Snoke has a massive Star Destroyer in this film. Many times the size of the other, smaller destroyer ships. This is basically the same as Darth Vader's Super Star Destroyer in ESB. Snoke's ship is rumored to have "10 thrusters in the back."

The image you see in the OP is supposed to be Snoke communicating with Emperor Palpatine. So we know there will be a scene with Snoke and his alleged master or co conspirator. This was leaked several weeks ago and it let to the artist depiction you see in this post.

However....

>However...

There is now speculation that this isn't Palpatine at all. This is based on the look of the figure itself, and a newly leaked cast photo.

Cont...

>Cont...

We know this is Snoke's master, buuuuuuuuttttt.....

Come on nigga! What is taking you so long?!

It's just Kylo you dummy

>We know this is Snoke's master, buuuuuuuuttttt.....

First, Palpatine / Sheev has NEVER worn a short cape. His capes were ALWAYS full length and hung to the ground at his feet. This is true in all the Star Wars movies in which he appeared.

It is even apparent on earlier hologram figure versions of the character.

Cont...

Cont...

It's actually Sneed.

It's Luke

Blue hologram is Luke.

Luke controls Snoke.

Snoke controls Kylo.

It's like poetry.

Nope. Hood is wrong. Kylo's cape is full length in TLJ, and shorter in TFA

Formerly Sheev

Luke is the key to all this.

>It is even apparent on earlier hologram figure versions of the character.

That hologram piece is really nice

This is the most retarded thread I've seen in a long time.

So who is it?

It's Luke

Luke has both "Light Side" and "Dark Side" outfits in the film.

fans will riot if Luke is evil

Luke has also turned to a strange ideology that embraces both the light side and the dark.

The problem with this belief is that it has already been established that where the light exists, the darkness cannot.

Decent Tier:
>Kylo
>Poe

Meh tier:
>Finn

Please end it all tier:
>Rey

>No hermit beard

Not Luke.

That's a Sidious figure.

The hood. It's definitely him.

We're not also hearing that yes, while The Last Jedi is a retread of The Empire Strikes Back, the film is actually ESB in reverse.

The heroes start off separated at the start of the film, and all wind up together at the end.

>Luke says "It's time for the Jedi to end" in trailer
>Luke is evil in film
>wuuuuut u serious!!!!????
I feel no remorse for anyone that will legitimately be surprised by this.

The giant AT-AT battle is actually occurs during the finale of the film.

This. It's just too obvious.

>shit hits the fan
>run away and let millions get killed because "shame"

I always thought that premise was retarded.

Finn and Rose must team up to contact the mysterious splicer code named "DJ" to get his help in finding Snoke's lair.

Rose is described as a "Finn fangirl" and winds up following him around throughout the whole movie

It could also be that Luke is simply communicating with Snoke to shittalk him a bit.

Sort of how he appeared in hologram to Jabba before showing up to fuck his entire operation up.

Post more leaked lego. And fuel my autistic lifelong love for lego to this day.

>Finn fangirl

How in the fuck does that make sense? Was she a fan of him as a janitor stormtrooper? Or a fan of him after being mopey and indecisive?

I'm buying pic related next month

Eventually, with the help of DJ, Finn and Rose infiltrate the First Order Super Star Destroyer that also contains the throne room of Snoke.

If he went nuclear but still did important shit I'd be fine, but from what I gather he basically went boo hoo, fucked right off, and let the galaxy fall apart again. What an ass.

>Finn and Rose infiltrate the First Order Super Star Destroyer that also contains the throne room of Snoke.

>we need a big reveal for ep 8
>how bout Luke is Snoke
>yea! they'll never see that coming

screenshot this

Last one

Once inside the lair Finn and Rose are captured, and must be rescued by our heroes Rey and Poe.

Does it come with a screaming Mudslime driving a delivery van onto the side walk

>trash compactor

Woah Disney real in that creativity there

This is how our heroes come together towards the end of the film.

Rey is confronted by Snoke's elite Praetorian Guards

Does Rose die? Feels like they'll kill the character off for some reason.

Dumb question, but do kids nowadays really give a shit about toys in general anymore that aren't cheap fads? All I see are kids on smart devices that are probably watching those Spiderman Elsa videos or some shit. Of course the 'tism of the SW fanbase will assuredly keep the toy sales of SW afloat but I'm still curious.

Literally all capes in lego are the same fucking size idiot, did you not have a childhood? Why would they explicitly model it any different?

>be Stormtrooper
>have to go to hangar B
>see an Ape and a short asian boy

This checks out

>Rey is confronted by Snoke's elite Praetorian Guards

Rey single handedly fights three of the guards. Kylo is there and turns on Snoke and joins the fight. He is injured. Rey is defeated by the guards and falls into.....

the trash compactor

>Literally all capes in lego are the same fucking size idiot

No. They're totally not.

>rey is defeated

I'd be more likely to believe she takes on all guards and Snoke and Kylo and wins after the first movie

Rey is rescued by Kylo and the team reunited with Rose, Finn and Poe.

It is actually Rose who helps them escape the ship.

Unlike ESB, the film ends on a high note, and Rey and Kylo team up to go after Snoke.

This is the beginning of Kylo's redemption arc. This was actually set up in TFA

I LOVE GOOOOOOOOLD

>redemption arc
D R O P P E D
Didney can't into villains to save their own lives. Just be fucking evil for once.

When Rey says to Kylo that "you'll never be as strong as darth vader" she is actually being prophetic.

It is believed that Kylo will sacrifice himself in the final battle to save Rey and help defeat Snoke. In that moment he will finally be as powerful as his ancestor, but in a different way, not powerful in the dark side but powerful in the light.

>Spiderman Elsa videos

u wot

Luke actually thought Kylo was the "chosen one."

Not in the sense of Anakin being the chosen one, but rather that Kylo was chosen to be his primary apprentice.

Direct quote from Hamill:

>“[Luke] made a huge mistake in thinking that his nephew was the chosen one, so he invested everything he had in Kylo, much like Obi-Wan did with my character. And he is betrayed, with tragic consequences. Luke feels responsible for that. That’s the primary obstacle he has to rejoining the world and his place in the Jedi hierarchy, you know? It’s that guilt, that feeling that it’s his fault, that he didn’t detect the darkness in him until it was too late.”

screenrant.com/star-wars-8-last-jedi-luke-kylo-ren-chosen-one/

>he doesn't know
This is what our next generation of children are raised on.
youtu.be/KdR_I7F2yho

FUCK YOU ALL FOR SAYING I WAS WRONG

I TALKED ABOUT LUKE USING A RED LIGHTSABER AND LIGHTNING AND YOU CALLED ME A FAG

We now also has reason to believe that Rey is a Kenobi and not related to the Skywalkers.

This makes sense as Disney is producing a new Obi-Wan film. This keeps her origin within the new Disney approved universe. All of the new Disney films tie together.

Also, in Star Wars it's a Kenobi who finds a Skywalker and brings him into the fight.

In The Last Jedi is a Kenobi who goes in search of a Skywalker again. It is believed that Rey is his grand daughter.

Remember that we actually hear Alec Guiness call out to Rey in The Force Awakens.

In the OP photo it looks like the hologram is Kylo Ren

any ISIS playset?

Does anyone else remember that user that said he was localizing the script or some shit and dropped a lot of info here? Maybe he was larping but the stuff he said checked out with what I heard earlier.

her mouth isnt wide enough

>the gorilla AT-AT is real

Anyone notice that the top of his hood is the same as Vader's helmet?

That arm thing looks like something you'd use to turn into Ultraman.

Oh boy can't wait until they get btfo in 1 second by mary suerey

dammit. when i heard the walkers looked like gorillas, i thought it was going to be really different. that just looks like a variation on an at-at.

Yes

I had the privilege of being 15-20 years younger than my eldest siblings and watched both of them marry and have kids

My brother who is 38 now has a daughter who's like 6 and she still plays with dolls and playsets and the like, but who's to say what it'll be when she grows up, my nephew who is 10-11 I think is on an iphone all day though

Yoda is also in this film.

The first clue came when Frank Oz was booked for two weeks of mysterious work that he would not reveal. During this time he went into a complete black out with family, friends and his publicity group.

Further cementing the return of Yoda is a number of new toys that have been found in toy store computer systems and on the shelves. As we get closer to Christmas more Yoda merchandise will hit the shelves.

Cont..

>Your force, give it to me

(He looks like Gael from TRC.)

>Cont..

Yoda appears in this film in much the same way that Obi-Wan appeared to Luke in ESB

Luke does not want to train Rey. He doesn't even welcome her on the island. It's Yoda's spirit who convinces him to take on the task.

BB-8 also has his own nemesis in the film. The evil BB style droid named "BB-9e" actually has a confrontation with BB-8 during the scenes on Snoke's super star destroyer.

>lets keep making fuck huge quadruped transports that can be easily disabled by tripping them.
uhhh just make a ship that can take more than 2 shots and you win?

The new droid will be heavily merchandised, first with the new Sphero version pictured earlier, also with theater merchandise such as cup toppers, and eventual action figure releases as well.

OH NONONONONONONO HUAAAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAAHHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>I'M NOT BB-8
>I'M MY OWN ORIGINAL CHARACTER
>BL-9

RIP star wars

These vehicles are incredibly sturdy and cannot be tripped. The "gorilla" style heavy assault walkers can actually bend down in front to aim their massive ion cannon at their enemies.

This is why the heroes resort to creating a massive dust storm with their ski speeders.

>Massive dust storm

It's believe now that this is a salt flat, and under the salt flats is dry red soil.

Even Finn pilots one of these ships.

Now there is some confusion about whether this battle takes place before or after the infiltration of Snoke's lair. I'm saying before.

Does it move around all clunky-like to seem more menacing?

Despite its bulk it's more agile and much more powerful than a regular AT-AT. They definitely learned from their mistakes.

>white droid is good
>black droid it bad

O snap

Disney be racist

WE BLM NOW

>BB-9e

The "e" is for evil. That's how you know he's bad.

>sweet, sweet ass.
lmao

it looks like that robot from The Black Hole

>the virgin sphere
>the chad globe

Nah, the black skin does it.

>Porgs

Everyone knows about the Porgs. What you don't know is that they are HEAVILY featured in this movie. They have entire scenes dedicated to them. Just imagine those scenes in ROTJ between Leia and Wicket the Ewok. Now only this time it's Chewie and his Porg friend.

One even stows away on the Falcon when Rey and Chewie leave Ach-To

>They have entire scenes dedicated to them. Just imagine those scenes in ROTJ between Leia and Wicket the Ewok. Now only this time it's Chewie and his Porg friend.

Sadly I am not joking about this. The Porgs are heavily featured and heavily merchandised. You have only seen the tip of the iceberg when it comes to Porg merch.

Disney / Hasbro is literally going to shove these things down your throat.

I've already got that covered

So do you like Porgs? Yes? Well you're in luck, because they're going to be everywhere No? Well, too fucking bad because you're getting lots of Porgs anyway.

>bb-8 vs evil bb-8 meme fights
>reskinned ewoks
>evil luke
>force tree
im actually excited to see this movie solely to see how much of a trainwreck it'll be

Even the Chewbacca action figure comes with a Porg.

>remember when Star Wars was everywhere
>remember when Minions were everywhere
>Star Wars minions are now real
Yeah yeah I know Ewoks and Jar Jar and all that but now we've got Disney on this. The merchandise will be fucking everywhere. God help us all.