ANYONE IN THE US GET A MOVIEPASS?

ANYONE IN THE US GET A MOVIEPASS?

A good buy? Yes or no?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/MoviePass/status/897439572526862337
moviepasslocations.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You might as well take advantage of it.

$10 for 30 movie tickets a month sounds good to me.

If you go to movies a lot its a great deal, I on the other hand hate movies

It's good, but they are taking your data. At last they admit to it though.

I had it back in 2012. They're legit but it looks like they haven't improved their site at all since then. Ask me anything.

It seems to pay for itself pretty easily.

Why are you here if you have movies? TV is worse.

I think he meant he hates going to the movies. I hate going to the movies too especially opening week.

>they are taking your data

hurr what movies does he watch

who gives a fuck.

google takes more data when you write a gmail.

I'm here forever

>TV is worse.

Couldn't agree more

>your data

I don't give a shit if some company knows I went to see the latest indie kino at my local theater.

You probably use Facebook and Facebook has way more than just what movies you watch.

I'm not saying anything about it just letting people know.

I don't use facebook. I also don't really care too much about the data collection.

It's just funny that they think that they can make up the difference by selling your data when the break even point is 1 movie for most people.

would you want to exchange yours for my 4chin pass?

I am waiting for my moviepass and I intend to go to the cinema every Sunday evening and moviehopping when I feel like it.

I'm wondering how Moviepass plans to make money.

Are they just going to work out a deal with the theaters that they only pay a fraction of the price? Or are they counting on people buying Moviepasses, forgetting they have it (or not feeling like seeing a movie) and then having that just pay towards people who use it frequently.

Seems they're banking off people not going to a movie every month

Quite a gamble

They lose movie every time someone watches a movie. They're gambling that they can get enough users and get enough data from them that they can start making movie. I also imagine they will raise prices once they have a user base.

Movie theater's dont make money from tickets sold... only concessions. They want to get more people into theaters so the exhibitors will sell them the tickets for cheap and make it up on the real money maker: popcorn.

That and they're definitely counting on AMC and the other theater chains giving them a deal because at the end of the day Theaters make their lion share of profits off the concession stand.

Post the clover thingie and I'll think about it.

This is a total myth. Movie theaters do fine if they fill seats without any concession sales.

>watching modern western multi racial cuck shit
lmao

It is a good deal, but it has a ton of annoyances that turn me off to it.

>can't prebook tickets
>can't see the same movie more than once
>have to wait in line at box office
>sometimes it glitches and doesn't give you the amount for the ticket and it counts as your ticket for the day already used

It's a good deal, but shitty enough to make me not want it

>tfw canuck
I never buy concessions when I go to movies nowadays since the tickets alone are $15, but if I could see 4 movies a month for $10, I'd easily spend another $10 each time on popcorn and a drink

They already awknowledged that they will lose money. They are going to be selling data to Hollywood and plan to make bank that way

>it won't work

one of your concerns here

twitter.com/MoviePass/status/897439572526862337

>your ticket for the day
so I take it you are only allowed one movie per day?

>can't see the same movie more than once

this is actually incorrect

>I take it you are only allowed one movie per day?

yeah but once you get in, just moviehop

I can't be dishonest like that.

1 per 24 hours

This, I would love a Canadian alternative unless they plan on expanding.

It's 1 per calendar day now.

It seems like you can reserve tickets if your theater has the e-ticket option. I signed up but won't be able to go until tomorrow or the next day.

Well that's pretty shitty. If you try to go to a movie the next day that plays 10 minutes earlier it won't work.

A valid MoviePass subscription entitles you to: (1) see one 2D film every 24 hours through MoviePass

wait until they bring back limited ticket allotment and needing to take a picture of the ticket stub

I thought amc was actually opposing this

They were against it in 2012 too but they can't do shit about it. It's just a MasterCard debit card and you could use their automatic ticketing kiosks if they tried to block the cards.

There's usually not even a single wide release movie worth seeing in any given month.

Yea so I don't think they'll be giving any deals to moviepass

Anyone get their card in the mail yet? Does the theater list update once you get your physical card?

I still can't see if there's any theaters in my area that accept it. The website is fucking awful.

moviepasslocations.com/

It updates when you activate the card, otherwise it only shows e-ticketing theaters

they exhaust their daily API request limit by google p quickly

They can't block it.

I ordered mine Tuesday and haven't gotten it but it's only Friday.
They said allow 7 business days so unless more time than that has passed, it's time to keep waiting.
Why would the theater list change? You can see what they have in the app.

No. You have to register the card first.

What's stopping me from giving this card to my roommate so he can watch movies on the days I don't? There's even kiosks you can put your credit card in to get the tickets.

I was responding to the person saying amc would give special deals to moviepass

nothing as long as you let him use your phone

back when I used moviepass, you had to call them if you wanted to activate a different device

Ah so its tied to my phone. That's smart. Still a good deal even if I can't give it to my roommate.

>cheaper than buying even one ticket for me

Does this actually show theaters that accept it or just theaters in general? Even the small independent theater near me accepts it and I find that hard to believe.

>This website provides a way to search for theaters near you that work with MoviePass (based on the most recent data that we have).

I haven't gotten my card yet to check it, but this seems to be accurate according to other people.

So how does this work exactly? You just walk up to the kiosk and when they ask you to pay you give them the card? or do you have to reserve ticket in app?

ok so when you check in on the app you just use it like a normal credit card?

You use the app to pick a theater, then pick a movie and a time, then you need to check in with the gps from your phone when you're within 100m of the theater and it loads the card with the price of the ticket and you buy the ticket with the card.

I think that's how it works from what I understand.

>Doesn't bypass the singles only policy
>People were abusing the double crab leg deals so they got rid of that
Why bother

>by the time you get through the penis inspection all the good seats are taken
>you have to sit in the popcorn pit
what a fucking scam

Seems ok

I signed up last night. Hopefully I get the card soon within NYC. There's a few movies I want to see out now.

wish it was in Canada. I have no idea how the data would be worth m ore than the loses they will take but I'm not a marketing person.

people who cancel or dont use it or break t.o.s. pay for the hypothetical daily users

LMAO NO IMAX NO 3D CANT RESERVE THE PRIMO SEATS

I'LL STICK WITH FANDANGO, MOVIEPASS PLEBEIANS

I've never tried it before, and it sounds too good to be true, but... if it turns out to be shit, I only wasted $10. So I signed up for a month to try it out.

>popcorn.
Me, I prefer the crabs legs

Cineplex's practical monopoly ensures that's not gonna happen.

Movie pass 19 hrs ago said no you can't see same movie twice
The today they said yes you can
Sounds fishy as fuck

Faggot

>Sounds fishy as fuck
Why? Sounds like good policy to me. Not only that, it helps them and their data collecting. If one of their customers is using their pass just to see the same more twice or three times, and maybe there's a large number doing the same thing, that just helps MoviePass in the end.
Already guaranteeing to sink their own cash, may as well learn as much as you can during.

I'm saying that twitter link user posted has movie pass saying 2 different things

well then maybe it's both, did you ever think of that?

>Movie pass 19 hrs ago said no you can't see same movie twice
where

The catch is that there's nothing worth watching in theaters anymore.

>unfortunately no you can't see the same movie twice
>yes yes yes of course you can see your favourite movie again and again and again
Which the fuck is it

I don't see why they wouldn't let you see the same thing multiple times, that wouldn't make any sense. As long as it's not in one day.

JEEZ BRAD, TAKE IT EASY BRUH

>buy ticket for a movie you don't want to see
>walk into another theater

mainstream television > mainstream films. do you even watch movies or tv dude? Name a single mainstream film as good as The Leftovers or The Young Pope.

That's dishonest isn't it

Im going to buy a bunch and give them to homeless people
It will let them go somewhere with air conditioning and just be inside without having anyone see them.

>The Leftovers
Not same guy but
This is on the same level as The Young Pope? Nothing in recent memory has been as good across the gamete from acting to characters to cinematography to music to story
Well you get the point
Thanks for the new show

MAINSTREAM TELEVISION IS NETWORK TELEVISION WHICH IS ALL SHIT

AND PREMIUM TELEVISION IS INCREASINGLY SHIT THESE DAYS, CASE IN POINT: GOT

so promising customers they can do something when they can't

the app said they have to have access to all my naked selfies. do they really can see everything in my phone now?

Well yes
Eye for an eye I suppose
Because they do say two wrongs make a hellova right

I hated it but lots of people love it. If you like mysterious stories that don't go anywhere and are just mysterious for the sake of being weird then you'll like it. If you like lots and lots of melodrama and everyone being depressed over the world ending while sad music plays then you'll like it.

How do I talk to girls? Im 28, thank you for your time

Uhm nope
Doesn't sound like my bag then desu

>check in for movie x
>buy ticket for movie y
there you go

Bought mine yesterday

Can't wait to go watch 2 movies a month to pay this bad boy off

>2 movies a month to pay this bad boy off
By me I only need to average one every five weeks.

>NO ARCLIGHT
Dropped If youre in La its necessary

When Canada ?

>Not a single person ITT is commenting how this guy Mike is just giving his credit card info away
>No one has doxed him yet

What the fuck happened to you Sup Forums?

It expired in 2013, retard.

Fuck