/trek/ - Star Trek

"and da prophets said; fuck da Cardies, fuck da Japanese and fuck da Trill. Drown em all in Guinness and make a new feckin thread"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XGcAbI-4_io&t=207s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

@86580752
this racist OP doesn't deserve an upvote

>IT'S A GOOD DAY TO DIE
>WHEN YOU KNOW THE REASONS WHY
>CITIZENS WE FIGHT FOR WHAT IS RIGHT

>A NOBLE SACRIFICE
>WHEN DUTY CALLS YOU PAY THE PRICE
>FOR THE FEDERATION I WILL GIVE MY LIFE

People who think Sisko didn't harm civilians are out of touch with the show. They show went to great lengths to point out that what Sisko was doing was hurting not just terrorists, but the people around them, and that he was doing it because he was obsessed with eddington.

Whether you think that's justified or not based on the facts, you have to at least agree that those are the facts, or you are delusional.

So why is okay for Sisko to gas a planet that has both terrorist and civilians?
What if someone didn't have the means to leave the planet, what if the terrorist forced the people to stay to die as a last fuck you to starfleet? Why did no one bring it up anymore later?

Based Sisko working the terrorists into a shoot

Sisko was a traitor that cared more about Bajorans than fellow federation citizens

>LET IT GO, LET IT GO, and I'll rise like the break of dawn! LET IT GO, LET IT GO, that perfect girl is gone! Here I stand in the light of day! LET THE STORM RAGE ON! The cold never bothered me anyway!

that was last thread
this thread is about, uh, killing clones maybe?

>There will never be an alternative time line where the Bajorans join the Dominion for some reason and we get to see them get totally wiped out.

poo

Post proof that there were civilians on that planet. I'll be waiting for the next 3 centuries.

It wasn't okay, but the metaplot surrounding sisko couldn't handle the logical repercussions of his actions so the show just didn't have any repercussions.

He would have been court martialed and imprisoned in TNG, or TOS. Maybe not VOY, because janeway did some crazy shit too.

Actually, that'd make for an incredible star trek episode: A guest of the week comes on and starts doing what Sisko did to the maquis, and it's Picard's job to stop him. As long as it isn't a MAIN CHARACTER doing the evil stuff, I'm pretty sure even the sociopaths watching this show will be able to identify it as evil stuff.

Picard already sided against the Maquis.

youtube.com/watch?v=XGcAbI-4_io&t=207s

Eddington describes the people sisko is targeting not as the terrorists who attacked the ship, but as the refugees sisko saw earlier. This is why Eddington turns himself in.

>Eddington describes the people sisko is targeting not as the terrorists who attacked the ship, but as the refugees sisko saw earlier.
Your description is inaccurate. He does not describe them as those people. He says to think of those people. Sisko isn't targeting those people. He's targeting their """protectors""". You still have 3 centuries left though.

Picture you at my desk, deep space for two and terok for nor, just me for you, and you for me.. alone!

Nobody near us, to see us or hear us, no unions or federations, on interstellar altercations. We won't have it known, dear, that we have subspace communications, dear.

Wormhole will open and I'll awake, and start to pour bottled kanar, for you to take, for all the boys to see. We will adopt a family, a bajoran for you, a ferengi for me. Oh, can't you see, how happy we will be?

Picture you at my desk, deep space for two and terok for nor, just me for you, and you for me.. alone!

I've argued the Sisko/Eddington dilemma before but I've never taken it two threads deep.

Grow up, guys. You can stop anytime, it's not defeat.

DELUSIONAL

Okay, I admit it, I won't actually be alive 3 centuries from now.

You sidestepped his point around how the show could never properly deal with the dilemma in relation to the surrounding plot.

crazy to think he's almost as old as picard

>It's okay for Eddington and his fellow terrorists to get away with killing Cardassians and suffer no consequences. Cardassians don't count as people, after all.
>If I could give prevent a war by giving up my home, I wouldn't. I would stay in my home, crack open a beer, and let the war commence. My needs are more important than everyone else, after all.
Maybe... you're the sociopath?

Your argument from the start should have been this, not that stupid terrorists/refugees semantical nonsense.

The whole point of the episode is Sisko is forced to go outside the lines to prevent a war but is also caught between a personal vendetta which helps him seal the deal on gassing that colony.

Aliens literally don't count as people

He was in his 50s at the start of DS9. Nana Visitor was in her 30s. Really makes my worm squirm.

Eddington says to think of those people because those are the people sisko is virus bombing. Sisko then responds, because he knows this, that Eddington should have thought of this before resorting to terrorism.

The entire conflict of the episode is about Sisko sacrificing his federation principles and virus bombing civilians to bring in a terrorist that would otherwise be impossible to bring in.

Remember the monologue: "It's easy to be a saint when there are no problems". That describes the maquis, but it also serves as a description of Sisko in the episode, and of DS9 as a whole. Sisko couldn't be a saint, because he was presented with the problem of Eddington, the Maquis, and the DMZ. DS9 would often present the pragmatist vs morality argument in its run. It was non-traditional star trek like that. With a traditional star trek episode, you'll get a moral dillema, but the characters are always seeking to honor their principals. With DS9, you get utilitarian concerns, such as pragmatism, running next to federation principals, and the characters don't always do the right thing by either standard.

If you pretend that sisko wasn't virus bombing civilians, you're ignoring the conflict of the episode, and the themes of the show, the moral dilemma it was clearly trying to portray.

You can disagree on how the morality of it works, but you have to be stupid to pretend the moral dilemma isn't intended to be there by the writers.

It wasn't okay for eddington to do it either.

Gaddafi using chemical weapons on his own people wouldn't justify America using chemical weapons on anybody to stop Gaddafi.

To me, the maquis aren't inviting war with the federation. They're inviting a war with the maquis. They expect the cardassians to go to war with them, personally, and were willing to fight.

Seems alright to me: Willing to fight to keep one's home.

>Seems alright to me: Willing to fight to keep one's home.
Even though you can prevent a war? And the Federation will give you a new home? A better home?

>Seems alright to me: Willing to fight to keep one's home.
an inherently pre-warp point of view based on the limited nature of land
imagine being asked to move from Illinois to Indiana with no expense to you, that's what relocating a colony is to the Federation and that point

>A better home?
Better? Where was this explicated in the script or implied?

My home here is great. I've got a good community around me, full of life long friendships and family. I don't want to be separated because the federation decided to move Kimiko to a white suburb to increase it's diversity, but I wasn't allowed to follow because that would lower its diversity.

Hey guys. I just finished tng. What should i watch next? The original series?

The best series, Voyager.

Post-scarcity, cadet. You can never stop making better homes.

@482
Didn't read.

Watch the classic TOS episodes, but them move onto DS9. Use an episode guide for the first 2 seasons. There's some real garbage there before the show hits its stride.

Well you've been opverlapping the last two series of TNG with DS9 right?

Keep watching DS9 and then when that overlaps with Voyager watch that too.

Since you don't want to just watch Voyager alone and you already finished TNG, overlap the remaining series of Voyager with TNG. That way you have it all done just in time to watch ENT and the movies.

>overlap the remaining series of Voyager with TNG

*TOS, obviously

Please don't conflate the Federation with your Sup Forums fantasies of white genocide.

Where was it implied or discerned in script or the episode?

That's the thing though, colonies aren't post scarcity. You gotta work to be a colonist. Most of those people worked hard for their homes, and taking that away from them with a forced relocation is taking away something intangible that contributes to their pride.

>Sup Forums fantasies
>white genocide.

What topsy turvy Sup Forums are you browsing, lad?

You don't have to work hard, they just choose to work hard because they're hipsters.
>replicators are SO mainstream

Really though, is your pride more important than the lives that will be lost in war?

The Federation is bigger than your colony

People born and raised into it should understand that they're part of a greater whole and their own selfish desires cannot dictate the course of the entire alliance

Reminder that none of these people did anything wrong

And the maquis don't dictate the course of an entire alliance. The maquis are separatists. If the cardies declare war on the maquis, they won't drag the federation into it.

Reminder that all of those characters were in the wrong, and it's a trap to reveal casuals who can only notice that 1 or 2 were in the wrong.

That's not how the Cardassians and Federation saw it. The Cardassians kept blaming the Federation and the Federation kept blaming itself. The only thing that stopped a war between them was the Klingons declaring one first.

update nice....totally agree on Crystalline entity lady

WRONG, other way around

What you're referring to is merely Cardassian bluffs due to federation policy of appeasement as a result of picard.

the list is missing the Crystalline Entity

The only thing Sisko did wrong was not taking out the Maquis from the very beginning. After all, the Maquis caused the Dominion War.
>the Cardassians joined the Dominion because the Klingons kicked the Cardassians' asses
>the Klingons kicked Cardassian asses because the Maquis kicked the Cardassians' asses, and this made the Klingons suspicious
>the Maquis kicked the Cardassians' asses because Sisko lacked the conviction to stop them
Sisko could have prevented the war if only he had done more before.

Because the Federation are just going to let Federation citizens get killed, right?

@42091169
but did you ever consider, like, rottenberry would side with paddington bear? the use of biogeneric weapons is totally justified if you're defending your farm, just like in the french-cardassian war of 46357.4
back then all you had to do to declare your independence was tie a jumja root to your uniform, which was the style at the time, this is what gene-luck billard would have done

They aren't federation citizens.

Letting them get killed when they knew what they were getting into is better than forcefully relocating them against their will.

Also the federation did let them die. Iirc out didn't do anything to stop the dominion from killing them.

>They aren't federation citizens.
Yes they are. Why are you here? Shouldn't you be out protesting the removal of Confederate statues?

>They aren't federation citizens.

They sure look like Fed citizens to me

Didn't they do it very quickly once the Dominion fleet arrived and allied with Cardassia?

>you can tell citizenship by looking

earth and Vulcan are in the federation, ergo all earthlings and vulcans are fed citizens

>you can leave the Federation by clicking your heels together and saying "I am no longer a Federation citizen" three times
You can't leave unless the Federation Council approves your request to leave.

Easier said than done. Even Picard couldn't arrange that for the Native Americans. He asked Nechayev to ask the Council, but the episode ended with no guarantee they would say yes.

Omicron Theta lady did something wrong because she did it for the wrong reason. Revenge

Doing the right thing for the wrong reason is still doing the right thing.

Citation: Sisko capturing Eddington.

>reductio ad absurdum
I guess Worf isn't a Federation citizen because Klingons aren't a part of the Federation. Alternatively, citizenship in the Federation depends more on the planetary political system you're a part of and not just what race you are.

>I guess Worf isn't a Federation citizen because Klingons aren't a part of the Federation.

He literally isn't, he just lives there. He's a Klingon by birth and by law, which is why he still has a House there

they should have shown kids crying and running while the atmosphere becomes poisonous and not everyone is able to escape but instead we got LOL NO ONE DIED BECAUSE THIS IS LIKE A KIDS CARTOON WHILE WE STILL PRETEND WE ARE THE GRITTY AND SUPER MATURE TREK NOT LIKE YOUR FATHER'S SHOW!!

"why" always matters.

>He's a Klingon by birth and by law, which is why he still has a House there
He was adopted and is a citizen. All you've shown is being a Federation citizen doesn't exclude you from having a Klink house.

Do you need to have a time-out?

Warbird is the best ship.

>Poor Little Fed Ship 3

>You will never be a qt pink skin that gets SHRAN'D

Why live

>denies the advances of prime Cardie pussy
>barely spends time with his wife
>spends all his free time at the holodeck with a muslim twink
hmm, really makes ya think

why the big space in the middle tho

Always thought that was a bit silly tbqh

Star Trek first contact is a pretty good movie right?

I liked it, purists cry that it isn't Star Trek enough for them

yeah, I liked it a lot. But I've seen people whine about "muh Borg Queen ruined the Borg" and if you care about that, then you won't like it. Still, it's a pretty good action movie.

I'm still mad they had the nerve to reuse the footage in the VERY NEXT FILM

Definitely watch TOS it's only 3 seasons then go into DS9 or watch the TNG movies then go into Ds9

>war bird
>bird of prey

Who was naming these?

>bashir
>muslim
muslim isn't an ethnicity and bashir doesn't believe in God, he's too autistic

no

alliens

Where are the Klingon sisters? They were qt

Nah the officer who was taken over by the parasites in season 1 "Conspiracy" very obviously was wrong and got his head blown blown up because of it. Unless you have a counterpoint?

But Jerico definitely did nothing wrong, he was arguably a better captain than Picard.

Yep the ones in Generations I assume?

Sulus ship is an excelsior ship right? Those are sexy. Not my favorite, that's the Enterprise E, but that one comes close

Oh. . haha!

best ship coming through

Yes, he captained the USS Excelsior.

were these two the most kino with all their poems and songs?

>The Minstrel Boy
The minstrel boy to the war is gone,
In the ranks of death you'll find him;
His father's sword he has girded on,
And his wild harp slung behind him;
"Land of Song!" said the warrior bard,
"Though all the world betrays thee,
One sword, at least, thy rights shall guard,
One faithful harp shall praise thee!"

>Jerusalem
Bring me my bow of burning gold!
Bring me my arrows of desire!
Bring me my spear: o clouds unfold!
Bring me my chariots of fire!
I will not cease from mental fight;
Nor shall my sword sleep in my hand
Till we have built Jerusalem
In England’s green and pleasant land.

>Charge of the Light Brigade
Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon in front of them
Volley'd and thunder'd;
Storm'd at with shot and shell,
Boldly they rode and well,
Into the jaws of Death,
Into the mouth of Hell
Rode the six hundred.

>unique prototype shit gets blown up
>oops we had a 2nd one
>oh, and you can rename it to defiant
Not as bad as Voyager's 12 shuttles, but still.

Nice Star Wars ship

They began producing them for the Dominion war. A bunch of rookies tried to use one to destroy a Dominion battleship and couple showed up on Voyager.

They had a 3D printer onboard Voyager

Just print some more ships m8, easy as pressing ctrl+P enter enter

Yeah, and they improved the god awful bridge design too

When she gives head, she gives very good head.
You cannot break her, she is DEFIANT!

>couple showed up on Voyager.
Defiant type ships? I mean the production staff of the series had models so sure, but really?

>smaller than constitution class
>industrial replicators
not outside the realm of possibility but never mentioned on screen, right?
I guess the delta flyer had to come from somewhere

what tempo and/or rhythm do I sing this to?

>what tempo and/or rhythm do I sing this to?
Lol, dunno battle hymn of the republic?