What were some legitimate 10/10 films in recent years?

What were some legitimate 10/10 films in recent years?

None. Cinema died in 2010. It's all Netflix oriented budget shit now.

Fury Road was a 7/10.

Shot Caller only good movie 2017

really close to agreeing but it's only a 9/10 because the emotional facet was slightly a miss. Action makes up though.

Edge of Tomorrow is pretty good.

ending stops it from being 10/10

no such as thing as 10/10

but Inside Llewyn Davis was pretty good.

None. Last movie I rated a 10 was RotK.

Yeah, Cruise dying to save Earth would've been better.

Whiplash desu.

9/10
8/10
8/10

Sicario and The Vvitch.

Yes and no.

Fury Road was kino

What didn't you like about Sicario user?

6/10 at best
You can't make a Mad Max movie without Mad Max

Hardy was better than Gibson

>Last movie I rated a 10 was RotK.
Well you are a fucking pleb then.

Sicario would be nothing without the cinematography.

The VVitch also had some nice visuals but the storytelling was just completely flaccid. I didn't find it tense or scary at all, just felt like a big missed opportunity to me.

Has anyone played the video game? Are the backgrounds / skyscapes as they are in the film? I loved the look of the film.

3/10
havent seen
2/10
6/10
5/10
>sicario
4/10
>witch
haven't seen

any malick film

The Mad Max video game is unrelated to Fury Road.

>Mad Cuck: Feminism Road

Would have been better with a competent lead actor.

How can someone who can't speak properly be an actor? Had to be dubbed in the English Batman because of his silly voice. Converted to be a near mute in this.

That's disappointing.

The game doesn't have much to do Fury Road. The colorscape is almost completely different too, instead of being striking and colorful like the movie, the game looks like a drab brown instagram-filtered mess.

Jason Statham is Tom Hardy done right.

I really enjoyed Prisoners

Mad Max 5/10
The Road Warrior 7/10
Beyond Thunderdome 2/10
Fury Road 10/10

You start, OP.

A Ghost Story was pretty good

>Sicario would be nothing without an incredibly important aspect of film
wow really buttered my biscuit

>Not understanding how the lack of memorable characters or story is a huge problem.

>lack of memorable characters
I disagree and found Benicio and Brolin's characters pretty memorable.

he's not wrong, imdb

Dredd
Batman v Superman

You forgot to add

>pic not related

I saw the film about a year ago and didn't even remember Brolin was in it. I recall Benicio shooting some people at the end and looking badass, but I don't remember any of his character's motives or lines.

No Country for Old Men, There Will be Blood, Inception, The Dark Knight, The Departed, Inglourious Basterds, The Revenant, Birdman, etc.

I know i'm missing a ton of lesser known or smaller budget movies

video game is great but its basically a different timeline

Nah. It pissed me off that Gordon-Levitt's character wouldn't shoot the telekinetic kid.

It is closer related to Fury Road than any of the movies. It is basucally a prequel to Fury Road.

>the characters were memorable
>refer to them by their actors because you forgot the characters' names
alright then

This movies tries so hard to be kino that I don't even give a fuck about the characters.

Frost/Nixon is the only 10 from the last 10 years for me

That's because you're a sociopath

Pic related.

One of the best action films of the decade which has no right being as good as it is.

L T

SOUNDS LIKE A PERSONAL PROBLEM

THEY HAVE MEDS FOR ALZ

itt genrefags with shit taste

>LE EBIN AKSHUN AUTO 10/10 XD XD

kys yourselves

Matt and Alejandro. A character's name is also largely unimportant.

Fury Road was an 7/10 with 1/10 motion quality, so it averages to 4/10.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Not all of the jokes land, but the movie has a TON of heart.

10/10 as far as capeshit goes.

They're 9/10 at best, but honesty I can't think of anything from the 2010s better than these two.

GIB ME OSCAR PLS

The Revenant is the most shameless attempt at oscarb8ing I've ever seen. Really pathetic.

It has nothing on Moonlight and you know it

Funny thing is, Leo probably should have won the Oscar years ago for that retard role.

The only reasonable answer. This movie really surprised me. I don't throw 10's around either, but after I finished this shit I didn't even hesitate. The dialogue captivated me in a way I haven't experienced in a long time.

Really?

There will be blood

Even though it came out 15 years ago

>Moonlight
>Oscar bait
You don't understand this term.

Not even trips make it anymore true.

Not sure if 10, but definitely the best super hero movie.

>inb4 triggered brainlets spamming buzzwords because they couldn't follow this nietzschekino

:^\

FUCK that was great
Nice dubdubs

How can anyone compete with a gay nigger for an oscar?
You can't

If it had been able to keep the atmosphere up to and including the border crossing scene it would have been 10/10 but the pacing plummets in comparison after that

How come The Skinny never got an oscar then?

No.

It's so cliche at this point to have some contrarian cuck reply this. Top 20 all-time rated by critics and audiences though so everyone seems to agree with me and not you. So fuck off.

>the main antagonist is Scrotus, Immortan Joe's eldest and most psychotic son
>unrelated to Fury Road

And yes, it's worth a play. It's quite fun, if a bit repetitive. 7/10 game

>You can't make a Mad Max movie without Mad Max

well, looks you dont know shit about the mad max movies.

Mad max isnt one person, mad max is a collective of stories&legends.
the lone wanderer, the road warrior.
its kind of based on spagheti westerns about a stranger walking in and saving the town and then leaving again without saying a word.

you are retarded

it's made by the developers of the just cause games
so similar collectables/destroying bases side activities while set in a desert mad max world

At this point, it's also pretty much universally agreed that RotK is the worst in the trilogy. The only true 10/10 of them is Fellowship.

How can you give Mad Max 5 out of 10. That is rude. You are shitting all over Mad Max's origins.

Just finished Sicario. 90% of it was boring.

True.
This movie played with my brain like it was a Rubik's cube.

nah, nigga. it was pretty lazy and pointless

Well it's a shitty and generic origin story.
>muh family is ded

You get it. Terrible film.

>Terrible film.

Prometheus 6/10
Convenant 4/10

Jesus christ the levels of shitposting in this thread are amazing.

Post some actual 10/10s please.

the acting in this is terrible though

>Mad max isnt one person, mad max is a collective of stories&legends.
Why do they all have the same first and last name and were all cops then? Why did one actor play different legends across three films with a heavy semblance of continuity? Why would they sign the second actor on for more films as well? How come Max narrates Fury Road in a remorseful manner but Max is presented in the story in a very aggrandising way? If he's telling the story he's telling two at once and the presentation of one is completely against his character (if we also ignore that he hardly speaks, so story telling isn't really something he could be expected to do anyway). Why would one of a wasteland heroes most common traits be his failures?

You're even more retarded than the guy you're replying to

Was made in 1979.
Is well directed. The actors don't look like logs with clothes on... they were actually acting.
Also you can't say the blowing car scene isn't super juicy.
>muh family is ded
Is how they died and what happens next that makes it good, not the fact itself.
I could stay all day trying to explain..but you probably wouldn't understand anyway.

dude, dont atack me, i didnt make up this shit.
look it up.

>gay niggers
>not oscar bait
l m a o

>universally agreed
>RotK highest user and critic rated of the trilogy and most awards (also tied for most all-time)
Stop pulling shit out of your ass and saying it's universal just to validate your opinion. Just because the only opinions you see are from other contrarian cucks because you spend too much time on Sup Forums doesn't make it universal. Calling something the worst in possibly the best trilogy of all-time doesn't make it not great.