House MD

I know this is a stupid question but does a Doctor like House can exist irl? He seems to be doing everything a Doctor would but just adds being a jerk to it. Also if he's really THAT good that essentially every people in medicine knows him and how he acts then why did he work at Princeton Teaching Hospital instead of some super famous hospital. It's definitely not for Cuddy so what gives?

He is famous. Cuddy gets mad when some guy from some other hospital talks to him and she says "you think you can steal House?" or something like that. He probably doesn't give a shit about which hospital he works for

Not never in this current age of facebook and pc

>He probably doesn't give a shit about which hospital he works for
except he repeatedly has problem with Princeton because he has to clock in clinic hours. Also how come th egenral public doesn't know about the genious Doctor that has nearly 100% success rate in curing you. Most of the episodes are him stumbling upon the sick ones and even gets bored. Are you telling me people usually gets healed as soon as they got to a hospital? He should have lines of people visiting his office.

> It's definitely not for Cuddy
Yeah he won't to work in some shithole and get way underpaid what he's worth for no reason right?

If I remember correctly they claimed that basically every other hospital couldn't stand his behavior and Cuddy was the only one who kept letting him do his job

MD fag here.

People kind of like Dr. House do exist here and there, but for the most part medicine is increasingly split into dozens of specialties, and when we have a really confusing case, we either consult each other and/or have an interdisciplinary conference of multiple specialties and come up with an approach.

The show does take a lot of liberties though, having all these super young people double or triple boarded in incredibly intense specialties.

Ironically House has the most realistic background – – infectious diseases & nephrology -- both are only two year long fellowships, and notoriously easy to get into .

You mean there are actually doctors that insult their patients and don't get hounded with legal issues or the hospital itself? The show made him seem like untouchable because oh so smart but irl no hospitals would that lenient unless it's privately owned.

House is basically a miracle worker. You mean to tell me other hospitals fired him because he hurts their feelings? Having a God Doctor in your hospital will bring your reputations through the roof. It's not like House assaults his patients. they all end up cured and healthy at the end.

He works at Princeton because they tolerate his shit, when Foreman tries to act like House in another hospital he gets fired immediately and becomes unhireable. Also House gets a huge office despite not needing one.

Foreman is a literal who compared to House though.

>He should have lines of people visiting his office.

Bro, did you actually watch the show or just read a synopsis in wikipedia? That wouldn't work, House would just watch TV and play yo-yo in his office while the people in the line rotted for all he cared.

The whole point was to have him walking around the hospital aimlessly in hopes of him randomly finding a case that made him curious. As the show goes on, it's made pretty clear that House for the most part doesn't care about the sick people, he just wants interesting puzzles to solve.

Yeah but you know that in order to cure someone he usually crosses the line and does something actually dangerous for the patient. Maybe they didn't trust him enough and didn't want to take the risk

The character is stupidly written. He's basically a more mild Sherlock Holmes (Moffat version).

Yes I know he would rather play gameboy than treat normal patients but the show had like zero people personally flying their sick families/loved ones to him, even the rich ones. It's not him refusing treatments and more like there are no people requesting his.

>someone who is as talented as House and is of the same age as him
Probably
>someone who acts like House with regards to how he deals with the people around him
Probably not, that guy wouldn't even graduate medical school desu

This thread is retarded house does nt cure incurable diseases he diagnoses conditions which baffled other doctors so there aren't that many potential patients to begin with

i think the whole idea was that he has 1 patient a week and in that time him and his gang work tierlessly to find the problem with them, if a real hospital could deicate a team to one person a weeek they too would find a cure to what ever was ailing the patient surely, most patients wouldnt get that kind of attention or care

Patients can still sue even if they do get cured. That's why protocols exist. As long as you follow it, companies and what not are less liable in case something does happen. If you deviate from it, people have a better case against you even if the outcome turned out well.
Even if House cures a mystery patient every week, I'm sure other hospitals probably don't want to risk getting sued every week too.

The show implied a lot of cases got put in front of his face and cuddy put rich patients from around the country too, season 2 and 5 both had rich patients shipped in but for our system of medicine, I kind of get your point that exotic puzzly diseases would be greater among the rich

The whole premise was explained by house himself: as a kid he saw doctors in japan bow down to an ex-doctor now janitor who was rude and an asshole but had immense value so people dealt with him. So yeah if a rude person can rise to the top they can keep being rude and people will go to all kinds of lengths to cover for them.

But what was even house's value? In a lot of cases he tested for everything and then went for a solution that had a 99% to kill a person. He was observant, wasn't afraid to take risks and didn't want to settle and that is great but a lot of times he needlessly chose riskier options.

It's covered in the show.

It was said by several people, most often by Wilson that only Cuddy can keep him inline, relatively speaking. When he's at other hospitals he behaves worse and takes riskier paths. Cuddy can reign him in while letting him do what he needs to do.

Basically, what we saw on the show was the 'tame' version of House doing his job.

So in othet words, no possible way for House MD irl

>the show had like zero people personally flying their sick families/loved ones to him
3x24- Human Error

And he usually gets told about several patients at the start of each episode and just says "no, boring, obvious".

house was strangely comforting, i like how he was a drug addict and drank. it's like he knows everything about the human body and health and he takes drugs, so it's not bad, and i can too. it's funny when he has a patient who's worried about really minor shit and house tells them "its no big deal"

Not him, but there is a shitload of autistic (literally) doctors with shitty bedside manner. Probably not as bad as house though

Best junkie doctor show coming through.

If you don't have a mystery illness he won't treat you.

>people personally flying their sick families/loved ones to him
this happens multiple times in the show

>Reddit MD

Super famous hospitals? That's a tv show, but even they know Greg character can't fit to famous and big hospitals. Plus it will be more boring than the original House MD.

t.S5E18

He wasn't an ex doctor, he was an untouchable. He was looked down on and treated like shit just for being born, but when someone was sick and they were stumped, everybody listened to the untouchable janitor because he was right

Moralfag redditors would probably hate Dr. House

This guy gets it. What bothers me the most is all that young people knowing so much. An old expert Doctor having lots of experience? It's okay for me.

He doesn't oppose moralfag crowd nearly as much as he appeals to le epic quirky silly meme jokes crowd. Also House is still a good guy in the end.

lmao

Experienced people of any field can sometimes go easy and insult someone if opportunity allows, as long as there's a hundred more clients waiting to throw money at them for their service they don't really care. It's not even like they're faggots because of that, I'd say the faggot is the client who got insulted by doctor jokingly mentioning how the client should go easy on all that unprotected sex with strangers before he catches another STD.

See