A Cure for Wellness

Even if you didn't like it, you've gotta' admit that this was an incredibly well-shot kino.

Can some one spoil it for me I dont like horror.

Yes, Gore Verbinski makes very pretty movies. Lone Ranger is pretty underrated too.

Cure for Wellness almost looked a bit too good. I think horror doesn't exactly benefit from being so overproduced. Should have been a bit dirtier and grittier. Came of as too sterile and elegant for me.

Black Pearl is his only good film

The main villain is a lizard man who wants to marry and fuck his daughter.

The hospital pours eels into the patients mouths which dehydrates them. Their teeth fall out and they die.

The place burns down

Only normies hate ACFW.

It's a modern Shining. Everyone knows this.

While I don't know if I liked it directly I will admit that for a guy with a fear of dentists this was not a fun scene.

It was very entertaining.

the last 30 minutes were so bad

Like everyone says it's beautifully shot and as great set pieces. It's very obvious that they should just let him do Bioshock. Also all the actors give a great performance, even Dehann somehow.

But oh man, they needed to cut like a half hour out of that. The over explanation ruins the suspense the films builds.

>they needed to cut like a half hour out of that.
That's what people saying about every Verbinski's movie. Will he ever learn?

It is the most kino we've had in decade.

THIS and I'm fucking sick and tired of his washed out milky green color palette!!!FACT!!!

I still don't understand what was in the blue bottle.

This should be illegal

The ending reminded me of some Harry Potter flick. Up until that, it was pretty good.

i love all Gore Verbinski movies.
World building in his movies great.
i think he would be great director for a Star Wars movie. He can do great things in star wars sandbox.

I don't get what he ment by this.

It's clearly to show that his teeth are back, somehow, but why?

Why the dramatic music? Why the evil grin?

I agree with this. ACFW didn't even end up feeling like a horror movie because it was so... well done. Sure the "clinical" cleanness can be scary but this is almost filmed like art first and horror later.

Seconded.

They weren't that bad. I felt their biggest mistake was the antagonists face. When he tore it off it became silly. And that's sad because the movie had a somewhat grounded feel up until then.

The eels under the building lived longer than natural in the weird water.

However the same process could not be applied to humans, only by feeding the water to humans, then going through the eels could the long-liveliness be transferred to humans without dehydrating them.

The doctor was alive over 200 years through this procedure, and who knows how long he potentially COULD have lasted?

That being said it was clear that he was rotting or at least badly burnt, meaning he he needed to cut off people's faces and use them as his own.

It's a little unclear if the cure actually gave regenerative powers but he seemed stronger than average so there's a chance it enhanced him somehow.

This is all just my theory + speculation though.

I'm one of the few people who really didn't mind the ending. I thought the weird marriage and ritual was fun and exciting and of course beautifully filmed.

I just wish the doc hadn't ripped his face off. If he'd just left the scar and we as an audience could ourselves figure out what he did, that would be something else. But once he ripped it off it turned silly.

That was the lowpoint of the movie for me.

Kind of felt like a video game boss or something.

But I loved this movie anyway

higher quality still

posting more since i like this movie

I achieved erection more than I'm proud of in this film.

oh i know

In fairness that is actually sexy though. Her perky breasts exposed while crying? I dare you not to bait out a semi for that.

>while crying
That's pretty damaged man.

Yeah the cinematography and the sets were so fucking good, it kinda dragged hard and the big reveal, especially after all that blueballing felt just really disappointing

I felt like it was sorta take on gothic horror and the grand and beautiful sets those movies had, Candyman had that similar feel but it was lot more gritter due to the setting

Nah m8, it was just the water, not the eels, they were there just cause the baron noticed they lived super long, which is where he realized the water has odd properties.
He used people to filter the water and then used freshly squeezed human juice to live long, which dehydrated the folk

This movie is like what Guillermo Del Toro wishes to make.
But better than his latest movies

>Toro

The guy's a meme. He can't direct his way out of a bag.

Fuck, low budget shit like pic related outdoes him.

It was call back to the scene where he was "cured" but Hannah giving him back to ballerina woke him up
He is cured from the unhealthy corporate environment, or his daddy traumas or his uncaring opportunistic lifestyle at the end or however the fuck you wanna see it

A-and this gave him new teeth?

Stop being an autist.

It was a wardrobe fuckup. Don't overthink things.

It's a metaphorical thing more than anything, you see it's a movie, you don't need to take everything you see literally
It could be seen how he views himself at those moments, he is cured so he feels fine and healthy, thus he wouldn't have broken tooth