Is Germany utterly broken ?

In the book Germany around 1900, I bought it for few shekels, I saw 800 pictures of Germany before 1900.

Germany was destroyed by the two wars. The first was the destruction of France. Even if both of countries lost the same amount of men, there were 35millions people in France and 50 million in Germany. But the 2nd war was the annihilation of the German people, 8 million of them died.

Of course the country was rebuilt, but the German spirit is probably broken. It hard to describe, but in the book, you see a country you could only imagine in fairy tales.

Of course it was not the Elysium, there was a very poor working class, and jews, but now, the buildings, the castels, the qt3.14 rural villages were destroyed. And commie buildings took their place.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C1IGNLg-RSU
youtube.com/watch?v=Rzjxy1rrkng
taschen.com/pages/en/catalogue/photography/all/01137/facts.germany_around_1900_a_portrait_in_colour.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=tV4MxX7d0XM
youtube.com/watch?v=08vTtu4pmjk
youtube.com/watch?v=lqk4bcnBqls
youtube.com/watch?v=RMn9fObPH7g
rt.com/news/357230-belgium-chimay-sports-blast/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i suspect no one liked the fact the HRE actually formed a nation.

> you see a country you could only imagine in fairy tales

makes me sad

This is litterally the country of Full Metal Alchemist.

Expensive ass book but it looks so worth it

I had a hesitation, I could have a reproduction of Richelieu au siège de La Rochelle or this book. Definitely worth it.

yeah the anglos really demolished germany. its right now only a dead corpse puppeted by them to infect more sovereign nations with the globalist zombie virus

Yeah, but the strange thing is that the anglos WON the war, but Britain and USA are in some mess too.

Is the book called "Deutschland um 1900 - Ein Portrait in Farbe"?
Because that's not just a few shekels. That monument of a book weighs about 5 kg and costs about 150 Euro.

But it's a great book. I open it from time to time when I want to become a bit melancholic.

beautiful pictures of what once was.

reminds me of witcher 3

only the nations that make them up, not their leaders. ww2 was a war against nations and they got exactly what they fought for

Great find, one day I'll try and buy this

no tears

WW2 was not a war against nations but a of religion war : the jewry and the other.

> Because that's not just a few shekels. That monument of a book weighs about 5 kg and costs about 150 Euro.

Yes it is but it was ironic.

> I open it from time to time when I want to become a bit melancholic.

Same here. I watch some photo of Paris or Bordeaux.

Damn, before, the highest buildings were dedicated to gods, now they are here to honor international jewry.

What. The. Fuck.

Where is this? That's just sad.
How can one generation be so degenerate and lazy. The post WW2 generation will hopefully go into the history books as the most disgusting piece of shit that ever was in the Western World.

ikr its so sad :(

its in Nürnberg i think

Not just in Germany...

Just thinking of all the great architecture that was lost in Germany in ww2 just makes depressed. Better not to think about it at all.

me*

>Germany was destroyed by the two wars.

German nation is dead. The occupied zombie-state thats in its place pretending to be Germany is a total 180 of the real Germany you see evidence of in your book.

It's been said a lot, and about Japan too, that almost all the best men died, and the survivors are the stock of cowards and opportunists.

omg..

Tokyo before 1945 was not build with a lot of Himeji's castles. Actually, Tokyo might be more brighful now it was before. Same for Hiroshima.

the slate shingling job on the building in the back right is amazing, more impressive than the stone work of the main centre building. All the small windows are there to show off the shingling job (like dragon skin), as it's tricky to do curves, much less many of them in such small areas. And it also that the owners could afford such showiness for a freakin' roof.

i have seen that book user, it's beautiful. i have been thinking of buying it myself.

I visited the Bretagne last week and it broke my heart.

I love architecture, and I too have seen many photos from before the war (but I kind of avoid them because it hurts so much); yet whenever I go outside, there is but ugliness. Pretty old streets ruined by some post-war shitbuilds; newly built suburbs whose houses all have utterly random colours, materials, rooves, proportions, shapes, and orientation; nary a single built after 1945 that's at least inoffensive, might less sightly.

I learned to live with it, though. I thought this was just the way things are, that it was inevitable, that wherever you went, modernity would shit everything up.

Then I visited Brittany.

You could tell which buildings were new, but they were not ugly. In smaller towns and villages, the new houses were rowed up nicely, uniform in colour, and emulating the shape of the traditional houses. They had those typical broad chimneys on either side, retained the proportions of neighbouring older houses, sported the same roof shape and materials. Some even used traditional materials, distinguishable from older buildings only by their less ornate window frames and simpler masonry.
Then there was St. Malo! Razed utterly by American bombs during WW2, and yet rebuilt so well! When I was there, I could tell that something was off—the buildings had the dimensions of 19th century ones, but were nowhere near as decorated and playful. I could tell that the city had been destroyed and rebuilt at some point, but I wasn't able to guess that it was after WW2, as a French friend of mine later revealed to me. It was so tasteful, so homogeneous, so in tune with the region's history.

Now I am back home, and my heart is aching as I pass through the postwar architectural wastelands. I have seen that this is not inevitable; that even in the 20th and 21st century, people can and do build nice things with respect for the surroundings. What is wrong with us Germans that we are unable to do this?

stop trying to destroy western civilisation every 50 years then maybe we can all have nice things ok Germany.

yes these pictures are from Nürnberg.

Your shit nation has always been vying to destroy Germany.
Neither WW1 or WW2 was about freedom, democracy or anything but breaking Germany.

yes all that time we spent fighting the japanese. that was all about "breaking germany".

jesus i hate it when you fucktards keep going on about the fucking war. germany lost, hitler's dead, get over it

This is how I imagined all of Europe looked when I was a little kid :(

youtube.com/watch?v=C1IGNLg-RSU

You and me both

>tfw not living in animuh wonderland fairy tale vaterland
>tfw living in slave state
I just want my Emperor and people!!!
KING GOD COUNTRY!
youtube.com/watch?v=Rzjxy1rrkng

Switzerland still looks (almost) like this

No, Switzerland is the land of less shitty commieblocks.
I also imagined the whole Europe as that.

Read up on de-nazification if you haven't. Germany's current state and self-hatred was a policy of the Allies after WW2. They hammered guilt vy association into the populace and forced them to dig mass graves for concentration camp victims. Then you had ex-Nazis like Fritz Fischer pushing a "it was all Germany's fault; the German people are inherently destructive and prone to authoritarianism" narrative that the Anglos were all too happy to promote.

Their spirits weren't broken by loss, their minds were broken by mental programming and propaganda.

If you first had this epiphany in the Bretagne then you need to travel more.

>What is wrong with us Germans that we are unable to do this?
This shit actually started way before the 2nd WW. pic related is the Looshaus in Vienna directly behind the Hofburg (pic related). It forecloses all the uglyness we are surrounded by today. And that thing was built in the 19th century iirc.
Then there was also the Bauhaus style that originated in Germany as well as the "Internationales Bauen" which dominated the exhibitions in the 1920s.
All this disgusting shit together with some weird post 2nd WW justifications about degenerate architecture (that are still livid today) laid the groundwork to destroy our cities and for the aesthetic deserts we live in today.

God bless you, neighbour. May the horrors of war never befall your country, nor the post-war cultural suicide that we have committed.

>tfw hitler lost and the whole world was conquered by the Jew
>tfw we are living in a post Jew conquered world

The wars did damage but the times after the wars did the most.

>Sounds good to me.

Post the name or scan that book please

Ok, what was the alternative to it?

gommieblocks are literally everywhere and will only disappear with gentrification.

oh i dont know, leave them the fuck alone maybe?

was there not a clue when he said
>In the book Germany around 1900

but here is a link, you lazy sod
taschen.com/pages/en/catalogue/photography/all/01137/facts.germany_around_1900_a_portrait_in_colour.htm

my theory is that the marshal plan is more at fault. germany was fucked to the ground and only a few years later they were back to normal. this in combination with the propaganda really instilled a feel of guilt. the gommie parts suffered and hav thus less or no guilt.

Man Switzerland is the most advanced country I have visited but big cities are so commie blocked that I could not believe it, I thought you had them nice villages, houses and stuff, but I guess that you only have that in the countryside.
No man, they would become nazis again. Not saying this was a problem but this would mean that the war was won but the conquest that follows a lost war would not have happened.

Germany IS western civilization.

Now that it is gone, western civilization is in total collapse.

Thanks to you, anglo. Congrats on destroying humanity.

we have to house all those krauts and serbs somewhere. just give it time.

Switzerland's Geneva is the world's political capital now. I don't think you're getting any less filled with people.

>If you first had this epiphany in the Bretagne then you need to travel more.
I've been to Switzerland (which is pretty much preserved wholly), Southern France (where new buildings integrate so seamlessly into the cityscapes you barely notice them), and of course Paris, the Netherlands, Brussels, and parts of Poland (which were hit heavily by the war as well) before.
None however drove this kind of epiphany. The old architecture in these places was either so well preserved that there were few scars of modernity, or the modern stuff looked as shitty as it does here, with commieblocks besieging a town, or suburbs of generic upper middle class bungalows.

In none of these places I could see prewar and postwar architecture existing side-by-side, clearly separate and yet harmonious and respectful of each other. How well they rebuilt St. Malo was also overwhelming.

Of course I don't think dangerous sand niggers will be brought to Switzerland because I think that the elite needs at least one safe haven.

Germany is not dead yet. We will rise again soon, I can feel it.

Nah it's definitely propaganda that's at fault. Getting it drilled into your skull 24/7 that you're guilty and everything is your fault would really fuck with you eventually. Did East Germany get the same propaganda at all?

Bauhaus condos were designed to fuel burglary.

Yeah.
That feel when I love my grandparents, but they wholly embrace Bauhaus aesthetics and love shitty white cubes with oddly proportioned windows, deeming them the pinnacle of taste.

I wonder if this is a genuine aesthetic inclination among our people, an internalised fear of “Kitsch” born out of a desire to look sophisticated, or just the lack of a stronger culture to remind us of our traditions (but that was still around at the tail end of 19th century, when the seeds for this were already being sown).

That would be an explanation for one thing, but not for the degenerate architecture.
The gommies broke down tons of shit (e.g. Nikolaikirche in Leipzig) just for their shitty ideology. Also they were they masters of gommie blocks of course. Eastern Berlin looks like shit if you go towards the rim of the city.

youtube.com/watch?v=tV4MxX7d0XM

we will never know for sure. in any case: Gott Strafe England! Bomben auf London!

>Germany IS western civilization.

Fuck you. Germany was great and contributed significantly to "western civilisation" but Britain did far more than its fair share in this regard. And how can we forget France and Italy, and all the other contributors? No, of course, Germany IS western civilisation, none of these other countries matter.

>Thanks to you, anglo. Congrats on destroying humanity.
And here's the part that I fucking love. You blame Britain for winning the war and "destroying the west". Now, what do you propose Britain should have done in WW2? Believe me, I don't like to see Germany destroyed, but do you really think the British were just going to roll over and accept German domination? Think before you post stupid shit.

Wrong s. Should be "Gott ſtrafe England".

Serious question: Why has Britain accepted EU and sandnigger domination?

That's all of western Europe though.

Hauptsache Serbien tut sterbien :^)

I'm from one of the areas that was destroyed the most during WWII, the Ruhr area and it's absolutetly disgusting.
Every 19 of 20 houses (in the city, suburbs are better off ofc) are some plain ugly building from the decades after the war and the few pretty old buildings with their high ceilings and decorations here and there make it somehow even more sad/depressing to watch.
Very few quarters were left around 50% intact, but some of those are mostly inhabited by migrants and the graceful old buildings are completely run down.
I really like architecture and while there could be worse ofc it, without exaggeration, makes me sad almost every single day.

OPs image is the Wernigerode Rathaus and surrounds and (pic related) still exists today. No all of Germany was destroyed by WW2 and the idiocy of modernism. Many smaller towns still exist almost unscathed.

I know but the UK has a great tradition of standing up to shit.

Six years ago I was in Nuremberg when they had a nice project that showed you how the city used to look and afterwards I went to some of the recommended places with the views. Of course when we went there with the school we visited the Zeppelinfeld and the other stuff the Nazis had build there which strangely enough wasn't that harmed and just decays now. But when you go through the city and stand up on those views and see what once was than it's like a whole past has been erased. Nuremberg, one of the most important imperial cities of our Reich. From there Kaiser Barbarosa broke off on his crusade after announcing the public peace for the first time in the whole of Reich.

When Harry S. Truman stood in the rubble of Berlin he reflected on previous civilizations and he, "thought of Carthage, Baalbeck, Jerusalem, Rome..". You look at those cities nowadays and you know our civilizations have been destroyed.

Functionalism was a fucking crime against humanity.

This is what i hear when I see these pictures

youtube.com/watch?v=08vTtu4pmjk
youtube.com/watch?v=lqk4bcnBqls
youtube.com/watch?v=RMn9fObPH7g

I don't like German classical music, but Wagner for represents Germanic spirit

I'm not British so I can't really comment on this, but I always assumed it was mainly just London pumping out all the cuckery while the rest of Britain remained somewhat defiant. The Brexit results would agree with this as well.

> Jeder Stoß ein Franzos
> Jeder Schuß ein Ruß

> tfw ein sang this rhyme as a little boy

Forgive me my French brothers, but you were on the wrong side

We were betrayed by our politicians.

more surviving Germany towns

As much as I want them to pay back their denbts, I have to admit that Greece is western civilization moreso than anywhere else

>tfw I have refused to look at any pictures of Germany that isn't from the war neither before or after because I don't want to cry like a bitch
Fuck you England and fuck you france
You will be wiped out for what you did I guarantee it
>And before you say "look at us we have paid enough", no you haven't. As long as you exist you have not paid back what you took from the world

Hmm yeah but London has been invaded and people have been leaving and if this trend continues, people from London that feel economic hardships will spread across the Country, destroying Britain for good.

Well, during the WW2, after 1941, all of german were on the East Front.

The West Front was empty. 1/10 of german soldiers were in France of North Africa.

germany is beyond fucked

this is their payback for hitler though

Half of France was on the right side actually.

> Fuck you England and fuck you france
You will be wiped out for what you did I guarantee it

YOU bombard the French and German and Japanese cities, litterally the three most beautiful countries in the world !

And for what ? For the international Jewry.

>oddly proportioned windows
Fuck it. That's the worst about modern architecture: the windows.
They are either nonexistent (brutalism), take up the whole facade (glass-steel architecture) or are just square holes in the wall (everything else). They never have any ornament or anything framing them on the facade. They just look shit.

>I wonder if this is a genuine aesthetic inclination among our people, an internalised fear of “Kitsch” born out of a desire to look sophisticated
possible. We also have this inclination of writing tons of complicated shit to say basically nothing (most of modern philosphy). But that's also true for French philosophers.

>or just the lack of a stronger culture to remind us of our traditions
>but that was still around at the tail end of 19th century, when the seeds for this were already being sown
exactly. As I said: it started earlier.
I hope it's just a fashion thing. In fact when I look at the newer buildings in Munich I see some faint ideas of classical Formensprache coming back (e.g. the new hotel north of the Hauptbahnhof at Elisenhof/Luisenstr). Very faint but noticeable.
I hope in our lifetime when these old fucks are finally dead we can tear their shit down and build beautiful stuff again.

you're already crying like a bitch, user.

The most interessant (sadly I should say) about commie blocks is that :

- they are not less expensive than non degenerate buildings
- the guys who poop those shitty ideas lived in classical comfy houses but thought the people would like to be together, working class has not the vice of bourgeoisie hue ?

The Germans pioneered aerial bombing of civilians as far back as Guernica in 1936, not to mention the zeppelin raids on London during the first world war.

They didn't have internet or tv to masturbate their minds, they actually went out and did shit IRL.

The opening minutes of "Triumph of the Will" has some glorious shots of pre-war Nuremberg.

Yes, most cities are full of degenerate commie or modern architecture.

This thread ruined me.
I need a drink.

your faggot leader churchill was the real criminal, he sold his soul to the jewish bankers

Thats because Witcher 3 is based in "Poland" aka Austria/Germany.

>rt.com/news/357230-belgium-chimay-sports-blast/
Yes