What's the target, captain?

>What's the target, captain?
>Whatever's left.
This show was so fucking good. One of the few shows I've seen that got better every season and ended on a high.
Managed to go from an average GoT knock off with pirates to one of the best tv shows of the past few years.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ASandNMxGak
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ching_Shih
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Character lines in that show is awesome.

''The one who made the storm or the one who convinced us into battle to defeat it? ''

The dialogue felt a lot more theatrical than most shows, it sounded strange from a few characters but Toby Stephens nailed it every time.

youtube.com/watch?v=ASandNMxGak

absolute kino

Ace show, Flint was played brilliantly, he really came across as an unstoppable force.

The women in it were fucking gorgeous too, the Brown french girl was very nice.

i found it kind of tiring how all of the dialogue was people giving speeches

the show jumped the shark the moment they revealed Flint was a homo

and lets not forget all the le femme fatale memes

"OMG THE HALF BLACK WHORE WAS THE ONE PULLING THE STRINGS ALL OF THEM!"

sure thing

>"OMG THE HALF BLACK WHORE WAS THE ONE PULLING THE STRINGS ALL OF THEM!"
That literally never happened

Did you watch the ending?

She was event accepting into royalty.

>A show about a gay pirate

Seems accurate.

Many pirates in real life were of the butt kind.

>ending on a high

Shoehorned faggotry isn't the show "ending on a high". It's the lowest of lows.

you are part of the problem

I can't imagine being so insecure that I refuse to enjoy a show because of a gay character

>Year 2045: I can't imagine being so insecure that I refuse to enjoy a show because of a pedophile character

not even a polack I voted for Obama thrice but im tired of affirmative action agenda being pushed into my potentially favorite shows

It gave the character a great motivation and featured in a grand total of 2 scenes for the entire show, I don't see what the problem is

its ok to have gay characters but nowadays most white protagonist seem to suffer from some sort of defect like being blind like Dare Devil or homosexual like Captain Flint

I'm tired of seeing heterosexual agenda being pushed in all shows.

Do you know what words mean? What does insecurity have to do with anything? The reveal of him being half a fruit cheapened his entire character. That being his entire motivation was laughable. It would have worked well if it had stayed ambiguous. I thought it was shit writing forced in by progressive half wits to appease a certain demographic, but it was quickly dropped and never brought up again; until the ending, which was far worse than the original reveal because this is how the show ends. It ends on the worst aspect of the series almost like a middle finger to the fans.

>being blind like Dare Devil
not into comics but isn't that the entire point of the character? having a daredevil that can see would be like having a superman that can't fly

>homosexual like Captain Flint
again, it gave a great motivation for everything he did, if you can think of anything else that would have motivated him the same way I would love to hear it

>being half a fruit cheapened his entire character
lmao Im pretty sure I'm being b8ed so whatever, if you actually think that I feel sorry for you

>homosexual like Captain Flint
>again, it gave a great motivation for everything he did, if you can think of anything else that would have motivated him the same way I would love to hear it

"homosexuality is the best motivation"

/thread

Forcing a modern day politically charged agenda into one of the storylines of a TV character and not revealing that agenda until half way through the series is almost as gay as him fucking dudes. It was cheap, it was lazy, and it was politically motivated. Nice way to lose fans, though.

This.

People should learn from HBO's Rome.

It did morality well. Tito Pullo was a honorable rapist and Vorenus (the ginger one) was an stoic heartless man.

They were still depicted as the good guys because under romans standards they were upstanding guys.

The guy lost his best friend/lover and was exiled from his home for no reason other than being homosexual - so he made it his mission to tear down civilisation.
Did you even watch the show or did you just hear that there was a gay character and decided to derail any thread about it?

Keelhauling is an horrible way to go

Yeah let's make every fucking masculine role model a faggot there's nothing wrong

I remember my dad speaking agains this when the he saw the Alexander movie, he knew Alexander fucked everything that moved like pretty much everyone in the ancient world but his faggotry was too in your face for the whole movie almost as if his manlyness was being downplayed in favor of his faggotry

>thread starts off well enough
>MUH HOMOS!
homophobia is often a symptom of latent homosexuality,really makes me think

Was Jack /ourguy/?

this guy looks like francis from l4d

Billy was

There are hundreds of good or even great homo characters in media and it just bleeds through a movie/show when a character happens to be homo because that was the scriptwriter's vision of him, or he happens to be homo in order to score points with certain demographics

It's the same for any kind of preaching done through media really; creativity should take first place but unfortunately everything needs to be marketed these days

dubs speak the truth

How many times did he fall into water on that how?

The whole homo thing was only written so they could have the chick he was seeing be a red herring. It's not like they planned the finale from there, but just went with it.

> HALF BLACK WHORE WAS THE ONE PULLING THE STRINGS ALL OF THEM

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ching_Shih

close enough

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ching_Shih
>chinese

thanks for participating user

i hope your time spent searching obscure wikipedia articles was worth it

>Greatest fucking pirate in history
>obscure

>Greatest fucking pirate in history
>a woman

god job user, im proud of you

you can leave our thread now

jesus you didnt even try with that bait

>Finally, in late 1809 and early 1810, her fleet suffered a series of defeats inflicted by the Portuguese Navy at the Battle of the Tiger's Mouth, upon which she accepted an amnesty offered by the Chinese government to all pirates who agreed to surrender, ending her career that same year.
BARBOSA'D

Agreed. We may never see a show as patrician as Rome in our lifetimes. The whole flint gay thing would have been fine by me if it didn't feel like such a goddamn shoehorn. What a waste of Toby Stevens.