Nationalism is stupid

Does anyone here seriously think there is any logic in being proud of your country's history and the achievements of your "ancestors"? You guys use the same logic as the stupid dindus who keep going on about slavery. You didn't enslave anyone and you also didn't fight in any great wars...

You are not your "ancestors" and you are not your country. You're an individual. Nationalism is stupid.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aR4MvD9IEAE
youtube.com/watch?v=-dmWAl3Ewrg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

of course it's stupid for a portuguese to be nationalist, nobody likes that shithole

idk if that's supposed to annoy me but I couldn't care less about competing to see who has the best country amigo

bahaha...
yeah op,, if you were german, and you were an engineer at vw who was such an allstar engineer that you decided to fuck with the americans by hacking the emissions of the cars you sent them, and your great engineering skills were directly related to the great engineering skills of germans in the past, why not be proud of the people who gave you the skills?

portugal has a low national avg iq op.
so hating the game because you lost the game is basically what youre doing..
same as ppl on welfare hating capitalism

>poortugal
lel
I wouldn't be a nationalist if I were from an irrelevant shithole too, senpai

it shouldn't annoy you, it's the truth. Big deal, move on with your life

being proud of you and what your forefathers established is stupid embrace degeneracy goyim I'm sure that history won't repeat itself if you don't learn from it

I'm hurt senpai.
I really am.

>Portuguese do-nothing whining about nationalism.

What a surprise.

>You're an individual
Yes, and that has to do with nationalism how exactly...?

>Nationalism is stupid
Whats the point posting here, no one is going to change your mind and you're not going to change anyone elses.

You're probably right about that. It just annoys me that these people think they are so intellectually superior and can't accept such a simple fact.

>I dont care about making my country the best it can be. I prefer living in a shithole.

>You are not your "ancestors" and you are not your country. You're an individual. Nationalism is stupid.

And you're a hopeless nothing destined to remain a hopeless nothing, achieving nothing and dying unloved by anyone.

Nationalism and secure territorial borders are essential to a healthy a prosperous country.

Sour Grapes: The Thread

It's not about clinging onto the coattails of past people. The point of nationalism is **honoring** the sacrifices made by those people, that allow us to enjoy the lives we do today.

>You can only criticize the game is you're winning
Well YHWH bless our jewish overlords, then.

>Does anyone here seriously think there is any logic in being proud of your country's history and the achievements of your "ancestors"?
Then I guess "we wuz kangz an sheeeiit" is just as stupid... feel free to tell this to the face of the next nigger you meet

Where do people get this idea? Did nazi nationalism go: "Gee, we had goethe and leibniz n shieet, we don't need to do anything from here on out, we'll just jerk off to their memory forever."

Because the nation you lived in engendered the culture and environment you grew up in.

That individual -you- are a product of not only your own actions, but those of your family, your community, and the country you reside in.

You are not an island adrift alone, your actions affect those around you, as much as theirs affect you.

Having pride in a country in and of itself is stupid; however, having pride in a country in which you have contributed with your own efforts affords one a sense of collective pride.

Much of Sup Forums may be degenerate and hypocritical in this respect, but that does not mean the inherent ideas are wrong.

Nationalism is so stupid when it's outcomes you have benefited from you fucktard.

Your traditions, your safety, your language, your culture were created by the people wanted you and your nation to flourish.

Nation is your extended family.

Fuck off Pablo, your shithole is just as bad and irrelevant.

I don't think we should apologize for slavery though...

Do you think Athenians did not help shape the Golden Age? A society raises the child and its success is based on how success is cultivated in such society. All citizens are under the obligation to push for greatness to ensure that they have accomplished their duty rather than abridge it with hopes to the next generation.

*isn't so stupid

of course you don't care you lot were sitting in hammocks while spain took the new world

Congrats, you're a nationalist.

Weren't you capatured by muslims....

FPBP

>We want a future for our kids brought to you by people who haven't build anything of significance in 2000 years
Any future ruled by arabs or niggers will end in giant ghetto's where people are ruled by superstition, medieval fairytales, barbarism and voodoo.
Probably even cannibalism, people who believe in the lefty utopian wonderland have never seen any real parts of this world other than their home bubble located somewhere in the west and the few odd holiday tourist infested beach holiday spots.
This world is shit, people are shit, anything less than folk with an avarage IQ of 3 digits will make your society a living hell

FPBP

(((fact)))

Well, all I'm saying is that it doesn't make sense to be "proud" of your country since you didn't make it what it is

how does that logic work

>being proud of your heritage = dindu logic
no, dindus make up myths about their ancestors, stealing the accomplishments of other peoples' ancestors to be proud of. The problem isn't being proud of your heritage, the problem with niggers is stealing a heritage or just making one up out of thin air. How old are you that this needs to be explained, 14?

The future if niggers and arabs win, will be something like a mix of Brazil and South Africa.

A countries run by oligarchs living in gated communities and then a see of brown mongrels living in slums.

Nationalism is the best weapon against political corruption and the best way to maintain a stable society

Fuck off and die you globalist Jew

>You are not your "ancestors" and you are not your country. You're an individual.

You're right. However, due to the fact that this country is where my home is and where my family lives, I'm obligated to defend it from foreign shits such as yourself.

BTFO

Aren't you proud of your parents? OR grandparents achievements? Is it so fucking hard to understand that your kinsman are you extended family.

Why not? You put forth no reason not to. We are individuals and also part of a society which is a collective organism. If nation is so irrelevant then what exactly you propose that we have? Anarchy?

If you want your garden well taken care of, wouldn't help if the gardeners were proud of said garden? Isn't love for something the best driving motive to take better care of it?

Think about it user.

>holy roman empire
>crown of hungary

>it doesn't make sense to be "proud" of your country since you didn't make it what it is
Perhaps your ancestors did nothing remarkable, but I can trace mine to the founding of cities, and before that, to great wars. I have one ancestor that fought under Cromwell as a Lieutenant, another fought at the Somme, one was a mathematician for NASA. Members of my family have been part of significant historical events in western civilization, and the ones I know of are only recent. We all are related to someone somewhere who was part of something epic. What a sad life you must live that your own history, and your cutlure that produced you means so little to you. You might as well be a nigger. In fact, you're probably a leftshite ehtno-masochist oikophobe cancer.
>youtube.com/watch?v=aR4MvD9IEAE
Fuck off commie self-hater.

Nah, it's you're who's stupid and also a faggot. Probably a nigger too. OK, meant to say JEW.

sage

Would you trust anyone in a position of power that had no sympathy for said people or nation?

Would you trust a veterinarian that didn't love animals to operate your dog?

You use the word pride to describe nationalism, i say it's more then that.

Its love. Love of your people is true nationalism.

I get what you're saying but still I can't find it in me to be proud of something that had nothing to do with me. Also if I were to do that I would also have to apologize for slavery and everything bad that my country or race has ever done do you do that user?

You are right, OP. Nationalism in the style of "Muh slavery" crybabies is no bit less retarded, and anyone in denial of that is part of the problem. They remind me of fat lazy landwhales who insist that "they" have won the Olympic Games.

However, Patriotism often refers to a certain culture. For example, there is a difference between being proud of the U.S. Constitution because it was written by male Whites and being proud of it because it was an incredible milestone for modern ethics and political values.

It's that culture they are proud of - history is merely a reflection of it from earlier times.

You are right, but for the wrong reasons. Nationalism is stupid because its support for your country. I don't support my country or its leaders. I don't support my people. According to the modern world someone who is born in Pakistan can move here and they are now called a Briton. They have the same rights as me, someone who's ancestors have probably lived her for 10,000 years if not longer.

My leaders who I should support and die for, don't care for me, they want to replace me. They want more money and less resistance and independent opinion.

I don't support my country in its current form at all.

>You are not your "ancestors"
You literally are. That's all you are.

(((You.)))

I only care about family name.

If the damn system didnt hold me down I'd have like 30 kids with my last name running around.

But no ones got child support for all that.

>le nashunahlizm means ur a nazee

Nationalism is putting your nation first. Go pick the rag out of your cunt, marxist.

No. It doesn't make sense for YOU to be proud of your history.

It makes plenty of sense for me to be proud of mine.

Who gives a shit about slavery. You seem conflicted that somehow beign nationalist means that need to live up to the whole slavery non-issue.

user our ancestors have been slaves to others at several points of history, to the Romans, to Moors and now to the big banks. Has anyone issued an apology to us? no, does it matter? neither. We are bigger then that.

Loving something that is long gone in the past or still alive is the same shit. You focus on pride when you should be looking at devotion and inspiration.

Look at the deeds of your ancestors as a source of inspiration, for you to do better.

Are you also atheist, by any chance?

also
>if nation is so irrelevant then what exactly do you propose we have?

i didnt say we should stop having countries because it's a good system considering that it's easier for a leader to rule a small portion of the world and worry about that part's problems then having to worry about the whole world. What I don't understand is acting like it's anything more than that. Give me a good reason why I should love portugal better than italy or spain? All have their qualities and issues but at the end of the day it's impossible to say what country is "better" and therefore it makes no sense to think that the piece of soil that i was born in deserves my love more than any other piece of soil

Why would you have the need to apologize? Being in the slave trade just means your family was a group of (((merchants))) and had a relatively good life

OP you are right
Secular Nationalism is a dead-end jewish rabbit hole filled with mamzers.
If you really believe in your country and race, Christian Identity is the way to go.

>you focus on pride when you should be looking at devotion and inspiration

well, again, why should I focus on the deeds of dead portuguese people instead of the deeds of dead *insert any country* people? I'm not trying to be annoying but it's crazy to me why anyone thinks like this and I'm trying to understand it more or less

Agnostic

>Give me a good reason why I should love portugal better than italy or spain
Portugal was actually pretty good at one point. Even controlled a part of China (Macau).

What I don't get is why people are proud of being some shit nationality like Colombian, Iraqi, or Mexcian.

They're not mutually exclusive.

I know that my country has awesome history what I don't get is why I should like my country's history before any other countries' since the portuguese people are not the only ones who did some cool shit

forsake the father, you forsake yourself.

I think you have a very superficial sense of what "pride in your country" actually means. To you, it seems to be taking credit for something you had no part in. And yes, that kind of pride is as shallow and empty we all expect.

The kind of pride that nationalists take in their country is not only being proud of your country's achievements, but the fact that you strive to live according to the cultural values that made your country great, and in doing so, further contribute to the greatness of your country. In a country that values moral conduct and hard work, those citizens who take these values to heart and conduct themselves in a moral and hard working manner are rightfully proud of their country because their behavior inspires and perpetuates these values to others, which is their contribution.

People who feel as you do tend to be degenerates who reject their host country's values and live in ways that do not benefit the country (taking in more social assistance than giving back through productivity, etc). As such, your fellow citizens shun you, and you go on living in your insular little world, thinking that everyone surely must live as you do, not contributing, but taking false pride in accomplishments that you know nothing about, but presume to not exist. But it's just you.

Then if you want to continue to have countries, then you must understand and foster that pride of your nation, because it's that believe that sustains it. When people stop believing in an idea it dies and no matter how convenient it is to have it around.

It's not a matter of being better, Portugal is your home and nation and nowhere else can you say that.

Italy will never be your home, neither will Spain. Unless you some mestiço or a nigger.

Why not both? You somehow imply that is incompatible.

I find great inspiration in Beethoven and music he wrote.

>Why should i

Instead why don't ask yourself, Why should i not?

Maye you need to emigrate. Leave Portugal for good if it is so indifferent to you. Maybe a change of perspective is what you need. Either that or our country would benefit from your faggety ass being gone.

Because in normal people this inspires them to achieve more.

An untold story about hitler
youtube.com/watch?v=-dmWAl3Ewrg

Nationalism creates a cultural identity which encourages community interaction and social cohesion. Without a cultural identity you do not have a society but rather a group of people who just happen to live together. This is why Sup Forums fears a multicultural society because it will usher in the collapse of the nation state. Example: burgerland,

>didn't fight in any great wars...
I didn't fight in any great wars. I didn't have to toil the soil. I didn't have to leave my family to pioneer the new world but my ancestors did this so that I may have a better life and I will continue in their tradition. I will celebrate what my ancestors sacrificed for me. This is nationalism.

To not have any pride in ones history, is to either be some impoverished shmuck, or to be a living shame on the aspirations and well wishes of your ancestors.

This.

Having pride of your ancestors is to pay them respect. To pay respect to your ancestors is the most fundamental pillar of european culture/religion.

OP go read Fernando Pessoa he had a great deal to say about that subject.

And i'll leave you with this poem.

>Nevoeiro

>Nem rei nem lei, nem paz nem guerra,
>Define com perfil e ser
>Este fulgor baço da terra
>Que é Portugal a entristecer —
>Brilho sem luz e sem arder,
>Como o que o fogo-fátuo encerra.

>Ninguém sabe que coisa quer.
>Ninguém conhece que alma tem,
>Nem o que é mal nem o que é bem.
>(Que ânsia distante perto chora?)
>Tudo é incerto e derradeiro.
>Tudo é disperso, nada é inteiro.
>Ó Portugal, hoje és nevoeiro...

>É a Hora!

It is time indeed for this little piggy go to bed.

Fernando Pessoa is my boy I have a book next to my bed by him that I've been reading a little bit of every night

logic is the same as the dindus. but whites actually have the evidence to back it up. you're confused and an hero. lurk moar.

Of course you should feel proud of your ancestors' achievements, they put their own people over the rest of the world, they fought and work hard so you could inherit their free developed country. In fact, it's your obligation to walk on their footprints, keep building on their foundations and MAKE PORTUGAL GREAT AGAIN.

The whole of Mensagem is dedicated to our ancestors. He wanted to highlight to us the importance of honouring our past to build our future.

Fuck off.

I'll read it, even if I still don't relate too much.

Everybody says there is this RACE problem. Everybody says this RACE problem will be solved when the third world pours into EVERY White country and ONLY into White countries.

The Netherlands and Belgium are more crowded than Japan or Taiwan, but nobody says Japan or Taiwan will solve this RACE problem by bringing in millions of third worlders and "assimilating" with them.

Everybody says the final solution to this RACE problem is for EVERY White country and ONLY White countries to "assimilate," i.e., intermarry, with all those non-whites.

What if I said there was this RACE problem and this RACE problem would be solved only if hundreds of millions of non-Blacks were brought into EVERY Black country and ONLY into Black countries?

How long would it take anyone to realize I'm not talking about a RACE problem. I am talking about the final solution to the BLACK problem?

And how long would it take any sane Black man to notice this and what kind of psycho Black man wouldn't object to this?

But if I tell that obvious truth about the ongoing program of genocide against my race, the White race, Liberals and respectable conservatives agree that I am a naziwhowantstokillsixmillionjews.

They say they are anti-racist. What they are is anti-White.

Anti-racist is a code word for anti-White.

You make a good point. I've always thought that the concept of patriotism was too close to religion to be good for anyone.

We're all fucking slaves.

What's wrong with atheism?

Don't be a pussy. You know there's no god; the very concept makes you feel silly to even discuss with people in public, you just don't want to admit it openly. You're a closet atheist.

What do you mean?

The point of being proud of your history is that it gives you something to strive to live up to. Individualism is stupid. It creates disunity, crime, unemployment and depression.

Humans have strong in group preference instincts because we evolved in tribes. Nations are a natural extension of that: People unified by one language and culture.

5/5 effort.

I'm not though... I don't exclude the possibility of the existence of a higher being at all I just don't think it will be like any of our religions but it sure is possible that something is above us

Fuck sake
Am I the only one left?

Spain went in

Someone gets it

Collectivism is stupid full stop.

>your family member achieves something
do not be proud of him/her you are individual
>someone from your city achieves something
>your countryman does something

nice meme