Is smoking red-pilled? Moreover, is frowning upon people who smoke cuckery of a very high order?

Is smoking red-pilled? Moreover, is frowning upon people who smoke cuckery of a very high order?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yskYG-EVlBY
sott.net/article/226999-Smoking-Helps-Protect-Against-Lung-Cancer
m.ehealthforum.com/health/nicotine-myth-busted-nicotine-does-not-cause-addiction-t341366.html
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9162447
frank-davis.livejournal.com/123363.html
cancerres.aacrjournals.org/content/48/11/3282.short
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>slowly killing yourself to look cool
>red pilled

No retard, its just unhealthy

>So red-pilled that he thinks the only reason to smoke is to "look cool".

Pipe smokers live longer than non smokers user. The more you know

Have you even seen madmen?

considering that people start smoking for fun and later on end up smoking out of necessity, no

Smoking, or at least being okay with other people smoking, is absolutely redpilled. Aside from maybe being bad for a small percentage of people, smoking isn't that big of a deal health wise. Is it good for you? Depends on if you define said small percentage being sick as good or bad. Regarding cancer, stomach ulcer problems, physical problems, heart attack or heart problems, stroke, or whatever else they're desperately trying to link smoking to, it's all just really bad ideological science. They haven't really proved that smoking causes any diseases, unless you count their correlations which never actually proved any causation. Secondhand smoke also doesn't exist.

>inhaling the combustible jew

[citation needed], people simply enjoy smoking, it also is a destressor despite what anti-smoking "science" tells people regarding it being something that causes stress.

>smokers actually believe this

youtube.com/watch?v=yskYG-EVlBY
>redpilled
gtfo underage newfag

LOL i cant believe this rubish. Ive cut open cadavers who have died from smoking related disease and have seen the tar and the cancer in their lungs caused by smoking. Smoking is 100% bluepilled and is mainly used as escapism for the poor and uneducated

an occasional cigar is red pilled

puff, no need to inhale

savor that shit.

>taking a pigs lung and filling it with coal dust
>anti-smoking middle schoolers actually fall for it

>paying for a pack of smokes a day
>good goy

if people could stop smoking at any time without having any side effects it would be just a simple enjoyment, but that's not what happens

many people try very hard to quit smoking and end up not being succesful at it

it's something that is easy to start, but hard to quit

It's redpilled insofar that there's a minority that can use it to treat shit like anxiety or ADD by filling their lungs with tar instead of filling their bloodstream with heart failure-inducing chemicals from the pharmaceutical Jew, but outside of that, it's literally cancer.

That said, the obnoxious cringe-tier propaganda against it almost makes me want to say otherwise.

anyone that's against smoking is mostly a result of behavior conditioning

>le orally fixated faggot in denial face.png

That's a gigantic leap to assume smoking did any of that. Do you know if they were working around other things that when breathed in cause damage, like coal dust? At what age did these smokers you've cut open die? What was their smoking history (many smokers interestingly die or develop a disease only when they quit)? People like you need to stay quiet if you don't have the full story and just correlate something with smoking just because that's what med students are taught to believe.

It's like this.

>Society tells me to hold doors open for people.
OMG YOU SEXIST PIG I CAN OPEN A DOOR BY MYSELF.
>Society tells me to respect women.
"Nice guy".
>Society tells me not to hit women.
Right, I used to do boxing. I've sparred with women who trained with us.
Yet, I've been called SEXIST because I refused to bash a womans head in just because she called me a mean name...
>Go to college.
Sucked, passed but didn't get related job.
>Work hard.
Currently working part time with a tanked career because management exploited my weakness and obedience when they needed to lay people off - they pushed and pushed trying to force me to quit (as well as others) so they wouldn't have to pay anyone off.
>Get married.
Yeah right, with these divorce courts.
>Tolerance and leftists and shit
Sweden.

The thing to remember is, that every single blue pill is designed to make you an easier target ready to be exploited.

In that regard, doing anything society tells you not to do, is red pilled.
They tell me not to smoke, I'll go through a pack a day.
They tell me to go one way, I'll go the other.

Fuck (((them))).

The day that you are no longer deciding to do things on your own is the opposite of red pilling. If you're addicted to ciggies and have to buy them because you can't live without them, you're basically a slave paying a stupidity tax with both your lungs and money. Not even being edgy here this is just true.

Smoking is one of the biggest health examples of correlation =/= causation.

Some theories include the idea of nuclear tests actually being responsible for cancers.

>By the early 20th Century almost one in every two people smoked, but the incidence of lung cancer remained so low that it was almost immeasurable. Then something extraordinary happened on July 16, 1945: a terrifying cataclysmic event that would eventually cause western governments to distort the perception of smoking forever. As K. Greisen recalls: This was the notorious "Trinity Test", the first dirty nuclear weapon to be detonated in the atmosphere. A six-kilogram sphere of plutonium, compressed to supercriticality by explosive lenses, Trinity exploded over New Mexico with a force equal to approximately 20,000 tons of TNT. Within seconds, billions of deadly radioactive particles were sucked into the atmosphere to an altitude of six miles, where high-speed jet streams could circulate them far and wide.
>The American Government knew about the radiation in advance, was well aware of its lethal effects on humans, but bluntly ordered the test with a complete disregard for health and welfare. In law, this was culpable gross negligence, but the American Government did not care. Sooner or later, one way or the other, they would find another culprit for any long-term effects suffered by Americans and other citizens in local and more remote areas.
>If a single microscopic radioactive fallout particle lands on your skin at the beach, you get skin cancer. Inhale a single particle of the same lethal muck, and death from lung cancer becomes inevitable, unless you happen to be an exceptionally lucky cigarette smoker. The solid microscopic radioactive particle buries itself deep in the lung tissue, completely overwhelms the body's limited reserves of vitamin B17, and causes rampant uncontrollable cell multiplication.
sott.net/article/226999-Smoking-Helps-Protect-Against-Lung-Cancer

So what else?

So you give a lot of money to rich people so you can die earlier?

Smoking is super retarded. It's only for fags and retards, always has been.

>Pipe smokers
This is more fedora-tier than vaping

Jesus Christ oh no this can't be real.

>savor that shit.
How? It tastes like shit. To savor something it would need to taste and/or feel good.

I would say the correlation between cig smoking and cancer comes from the type of people that smoke a pack a day. The majority of them are low income people. They won't go get checked often at doctors, they won't be as hygienic as they could, etc.

Why the fuck would I want to live longer?

Besides, with all the anti-smoking propaganda, I can safely assume that money isn't going towards a jewish cause.

Furthermore, I have a dependency on it outside the physical addiction... My career issues lead to me developing anxiety of sorts, smoking helps, or at least provides me with an opportunity and excuse to leave or go outside when I'm felling "suffocated" by others.

>fags and retards

What did you say? Sounds like social engineering.

I don't smoke but

>relieves stress
>increases focus
>people enjoy it

Unlike mouth fedoras, people don't flaunt around smoking a pipe and blowing smoke/vape in peoples faces. Its something you come home to after work and relax to in solidarity. The theory is the relaxation relieves so much stress that pipe smokers live longer on average.

>smoking isn't that big of a deal health wise.

smokers always die 20 years earlier

>is doing something because others do it and it looks cool redpilled?
no

phillip morris in the house

Certainly sounds real to me.

>relieves stress
caused by nicotine withdrawals
>increases focus
lacks of focus from the nicotine withdrawals
>people enjoy it
no one likes nicotine withdrawals

Smoking's effect on health is overblown and not really a concern for an individual. However it's an expensive, smelly, and impolite habit. There's really no benefit to smoking so why do it? Frowning on a smoker is like frowning on a fat person, I'll defend their right to eat what they want and to smoke what they want, but I don't like to see them.

>What did you say?
I said smoking is for retards and/or fags. That picture sure ain't proving me wrong.
>I don't smoke
Sure you don't, you just constantly shill for tobacco companies on the internet but you don't use it.

That's because cigs cause a shit ton of anxiety and stress when addicts go more than an hour without lighting up. Moderation is key.

You're full of shit. My mother and my grandmother smoked (who I lived with for 10 years), and it always annoyed the shit out of me. Never complained about it, but I see smokers as cancer to society.

A prime example of genuine retards on Sup Forums not realizing the rest are memeing. Nobody that's actually been educated in health would think smoking is harmless. Study after study after study has been published proving it causes lung cancer.

Fuck, even without that it doesn't take a genius to realize that doing the equivalent of sticking your mouth on a car exhaust pipe and inhaling probably isn't the best idea in the world.

>See a bunch of retards smearing dog shit on their faces
>They call me a loser for not doing it
>Don't want to be a loser so I do it too
>We laugh to ourselves about how it's perfectly harmless and if we want to smear dog shit on our faces we should be able to
>Big business realizes they can profit from retards and begin mass marketing and selling dog shit smearing kits
>People buy into the hype and smearing dog shit on their faces goes mainstream viral until it's scientifically proven to be retarded
>B-but it's still cool right guys?

Ciggies and their addicts in a nutshell.

citation needed, and not from a government source since they're covering up the nuclear trinity test.

>pulling the shill gambit

I used to vape and can confirm it's very relaxing.

smoking is nigger tier, you get nothing out of it

>muh nicotine withdrawal meme

Stop with this meme

m.ehealthforum.com/health/nicotine-myth-busted-nicotine-does-not-cause-addiction-t341366.html

It's not just statistics. Tar is a proven carcinogen

>is smoking redpilled
no
>being offended if other people smoke = cuckery
yes

>Smoking the leafy jew
>not a cuck

I've got bad news for you Paddy

>Sure you don't, you just constantly shill for tobacco companies on the internet but you don't use it.

So role can't be pro freedom anymore? I'm just attacking faulty science and digging deep. There's already a smoking gun with the nuclear trinity test. People used to smoke in hospitals as recently as the 80's before the government made smoking the ultimate health enemy. Doctors didn't even mind. The people here are likely too young or not considerate of the past enough to realize that.

Smoking is funny, you don't notice its seriously fucking with your body until it's so bad you almost get a heart attack running 100 meters, and you don't notice how it fucks with your mind until you quit and don't get that stimulant dose of nicotine every hour or so.

>T. Former smoker

And I'm guessing they're either still alive, only got sick when they quit, or died in their late 60's or early 70's when most old people die anyway?

Ill kick your ass man where do you live

Fuck it, i'll just stick to nasal snuff
>To date there have been no health suits filed against any of the UK's snuff manufacturers and, based on current knowledge, there is no evidence to suggest that nasal snuff causes lung cancer when used, as intended, nasally.

>a post from 4 years ago on some backwater forum without any citations or references negates decades of medical journal publications on the subject
pack it up boys, they know

And just when I thought I had everything figured out, Sup Forums pulls the rug out from under me...again

I wouldn't call it inherently red-pilled, but I wouldn't call it blue-pilled either. Don't flaunt in other people's faces, don't be a mouth fedora, don't be an asshole to people who smoke. If you like to smoke, smoke. If you don't like to smoke, don't smoke. Personally, I enjoy nicotine. Whether it's Swedish snus, dip, American tobacco smokes and cigarillos, or Latin American cigars, I enjoy it. It's a relaxing thing for me and it helps me concentrate or stay awake when it's something that I need to do. If you don't enjoy it, that's fine. Don't make a big fucking deal about it, because at the end of the day it's not your business.

>study after study

Check who they're funded by. Maybe learn to read scientific studies too since they sometimes state the opposite of what is actually found. Smoking actually lowers blood pressure and if you quit, it can trigger lung cancer.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9162447
frank-davis.livejournal.com/123363.html

Are you saying that if mouth fedora users stay at home and use it for the same purpose then it's fine?

If it chills them out sure. I don't give a fuck what people do in their own homes.

Were you fat? Did you have a family history of heart attacks? Did you have a shit diet or did you barely work out before running that much? Not everything can be blamed on smoking.

>right wing retards who say weed is bad for you but defend smoking

Also I'm not sure about antismoking propaganda being lies but I know for a fact that the Oral tobacco propaganda in the USA is fucking bullshit.

We get this spiel growing up how shit like dip will make your jaw fall off and give you heart disease 100% of the time when in reality 95% of oral cancer is caused by smoking, there is no firm connection between oral tobacco and heart disease, and dip can only be linked to 15 per 100,00 deaths in the US.

There is also stuff like Snus that has never been linked to any negative effects because it's processed in a way that eliminates the cancer causing nitrates in most tobacco products.

Nicotine is great, i use gum and patches. Smoking and vaping aren't. High quality snus is better than smoking, but you're still taking a huge risk.

Quality shitpost friendo

>reality 95% of oral cancer is caused by smoking,

Citation needed

Sup Forums likes smoking because its unpopular with the youth, and they feel like imitating the white rich-guy stereotype is being redpilled

There's no correlated risk with cancers when it comes to snus. This is something even the cucked EU was forced to admit.

>smoking
>unpopular with the youth
Uwot

ITT: addicts justifying their addiction

Regardless of health debates, nicotine is addictive. I'd rather yield my autonomy to a substance.

Haha I was using hyperbole user. I meant I was really winded as in coughing up a lung, seeing stars, and my heart was pounding out of my chest, not that I was actually having a myocardial infarction.

What the fuck ever. I smoke because it pisses people off and because I like the smell. Fuck you

Agreed. It's the fat fucks standing outside of Walmart so everyone can see them vape that annoy me.

If he means strictly tobacco, he's right. That shit has been on the downturn since the early 90s. Marijuana, of course, has been surging hardcore.

To expand on that; nicotine is one of the greatest substances on this earth, tobacco is one of the worse. It's God's cruel joke to us.
I believe mouth, and possible throat (for those swallowers) cancer will end up being linked to it, at least somewhat; but it's definitely a better alternate to smoking. Pure nicotine will always be superior though.

Use Google user.

Inb4
>Hurr I would rather shitpost for the next 4 hours than take 10 minutes to research a topic

I've haven't smoked for around 4 years and I'm thinking about taking it up again.

I stopped smoking because I got married and now I feel like I was happier smoking but it could also be that my wife turning into a bitch just made my life worse.

I don't understand the fuss anti-smokers drum up, why are they so assblasted over it?

Both my parents smoked, and some other family, I never gave a single shit. I've smoked a few cigarettes and determined it wasn't my thing, but it baffles me how people get so riled up over smokers.

He isn't. The largest consumers of tobacco, at least in the U.S., are aged 18-25.

>I believe mouth, and possible throat (for those swallowers) cancer will end up being linked to it, at least somewhat
It would've been done by now.

>I smoke because it pisses people off
That's a totally rational reason to inhale smoke. I wish I was a cool guy like who does things that are bad for me to upset other people.
>I like the smell
How? It smells like shit.

>cancerres.aacrjournals.org/content/48/11/3282.short
not that I'm agreeing with him, but alcohol+smoking is 3/4ths of this case according to this

I don't mind as long as they pay taxes and die before they start collecting social security or costing the government too much in medical expenses to keep them alive.

Smoking weed can be a little red-pilling in small doses, assuming you're not an addicted degenerate.

Cigarettes? That's like the most blue-pilled, sheeple thing you can be putting in your body, aside from antidepressants and xanax.

>I stopped smoking because I got married and now I feel like I was happier smoking but it could also be that my wife turning into a bitch just made my life worse.

>Wife in a Western nation
>Smoking in canada

Yeah good idea, smoking is so expensive that there won't be anything left for her to take in the divorce.

Maybe I should just huff fermented feces

Smoking is not "red-pilled" or "blue-pilled", it's just fucking smoking.

Is it unhealthy? Sure, but so is drinking, so is eating too much meat, so is fucking exercising too much. People do it anyway because it feels good.

I don't smoke, but I don't give a shit if you do. If it makes you feel good and you're not intentionally blowing it into some random person's face, then go for it. You're not hurting anyone else.

It always pisses me off when people want the government to ban things that don't affect them.
>waah ban supersized meals
>waah ban smoking
>waah ban alcohol
Shut the fuck up. The only things government should be banning are things that directly harm other people, like murder or rape. Those can stay banned.

If someone chooses to fuck themselves long term for short-term enjoyment that's their own goddamn choice. If you don't like it, don't fucking do it.

>Redpill me on X.
>1 post by this ID

I know a lot of people that smoke like 1 or 2 cigarettes a day, sometimes zero. Not everyone that smokes sucks down 30 a day and is going to toast their lungs, just like not everyone that drinks is an alcoholic that's going to get liver failure.

What you're saying makes sense to an extent, but I don't think it's fair to look at someone smoking a cigarette and immediately hate them and want them to die because you think they might get lung cancer at some point.

A quality cigar a couple of times a year where you swirl it around your mouth and don't inhale is fine. Not good for you but at that level, the damage is almost nothing and worth the enjoyment.