en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chongos_zamoranos
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>wine soup
what?

Spain
No this is fucking disgusting and you should kill yourself

Es eso pan con vino?
rofl, el andaluz señores

Oh man you have that shit too? My parents never gave me any but I hear that still happens in Trás-os-Montes.

>this is fucking disgusting and you should kill yourself
bump

its a sweet thing that old people love here
>heat up wine with a few spoons of sugar
>dip bread in it and taste the delicious nectar

sopas de burro cansado, no soy andaluz eh
its good stuff but the tradition is being lost nowadays

That isn't soup, that is bread you absolute retard. Also, no they didn't, they didn't want me to grow up with bain damage.

>sopas de burro cansado
tfw gallego pero nunca había visto esto
WTF i love wine soup now
La Coruña hace mucho daño, eh.

>its good stuff
Eating that as a child impairs cognitive development

Guess that's how galicians spawned portugal I guess, brain damage.

What the hell?

wine bread and sugar ... maybe my grandparents

>wet bread
Absolutely vomit-inducing

that was common long time ago, is just like bread olive oil and sugar

Never heard of it, but it looks good.

maybe the same

That actually sounds really good, though the bread in the pics looks like it would get soggy real quick. Can you just use any wine or does it have to be a specific type?

red wine, the darker the better
for 500mL (half a liter) of wine, its 2-3 spoons of sugar
heat it up for like 30 mins, low heat

you use sweet wine (unfermented grape juice, basicaly) to soak the bread

We've always put a bit of sherry on beef broths but have never tried something like pictured

Not retarded enough to be conquered by sp*niards
>sopas de cavalo cansado
>not sopas de leite com café

No wonder sp*niards are all retards.

USA
yes, I'm PRican but my grandparents on my dad side are Galician. Also pulpo feira.

That's Chongos Zamoranos, it's Mexican cuisine
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chongos_zamoranos

I'm 200% sure we did this type of food in Iberia before your backwards shithole was ever colonized.

I don't see any sources linked, is this genetic memory? Either way, you're just a regional variation of Iberian gastronomy so even if you're correct the dish is Spanish

My grandfather loved to soak his bread in coffee before eating it. Ain't Portuguese though.

>the dish is spanish

You realize everyone here eats the same thing but just calls it different names right?

I know it because, suprise, suprise! I've lived here my whole life and went to spain several times and the good's the same. We're brother with different languages and that's all there is to it.

We do that with "Bolacha Maria" too, and even make "soup" with them the same way we make the bread and milk with coffee soup.

I've actually been to Spain several times and have seen a lot of regional variation, hell they even have different foods for summer and winter, you're a regional variation that's part of a larger mother culture. You're to Spain what Guatemala is to us, part of a larger culture that somehow ended up independent.

And as much as you may like to look down on my country REALITY is you took a lot from us when it comes to food, googling sopa de leite gives me nothing but cream soups, googling chongos zamoranos throws lots of result specifically labeling it Mexican. Hell I even found those in Portuguese, so the burden of proof here lies on you.

>>did your grandparents give you wine soup as a kid
no
we eat Gulasch

Wine tastes like shit

what the fuck

or you just heat up normal wine and pour some sugar innit
we do those sopas too, but young people usually dont