The Arkansas American Civil Liberties Union filed a civil rights lawsuit on Tuesday (Aug...

>The Arkansas American Civil Liberties Union filed a civil rights lawsuit on Tuesday (Aug. 23) against the policy of the “modern-day debtors prison” in the city of Sherwood and Pulaski County, spurred in part by the case of an Arkansas cancer patient who was recently sent to jail for owing about $3,000 to the city.

Thoughts Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C3aK9AS4dT0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>3 grand
That's it? Jesus it's literally 2016 that's chicken scratch. You could pay that back with an average above minimum wage job in 3 months

I am 34 and 3 grand is a fucking fortune. Oh don't even have a bank account, maybe 75 dollars is my total worldly wealth.
How rich do you think people are? 75% of Americans have less than $500 in total savings.

>my state makes national news
>it's almost always some dumb fuck judge or sherrif making us look bad in front of the entire nation
These morons deserve to get their asses sued off for trying to make a cancer patient into a warning for the hundreds of meth heads that probably owe money to the city.

>Cancer patient
>Meth heads
What is this, Breaking Bad?

Breaking Bad is basically the entire state. We have more cancer and meth addicts than you can shake a stick at.

>literally how?
I'm 21, own a car, have an apartment, and plenty of hobbies and I can easily save up 5k a year and that's with me not bothering to be that careful with money. You dun goofed in life m8.

america isnt a 1st world country anymore. nafta, entitlements, corporate loopholes, oversaturated workforce. i do in fact make 3 grand in 3 months being a cashier since i have no bills living with mom, but most people dont have the luxury

I dont like to work. Manage to make like 15 k a year, my goal in life is to get it together and hopefully make 30 k if I am very lucky

I know that feel bro

Only time my state makes News is when it's underwater or when Soros sends the BLM goons down here.

Is Arkansas nice? It's literally 3 hours away from me and I've never been.

>>Is Arkansas nice? It's literally 3 hours away from me and I've never been.
We have some gorgeous country and nature that goes pretty underappreciated. Plus there's a ton of very nice, friendly people. There's just a problem with blacks like most southern states, but if you're on Sup Forums you already know that and how to avoid that shit.

I'd say it's worth your while to come visit, go to one of the parks or just fuck around in some of our nicer cities like Hot Springs.

KYS

How close are you to Shreveport senpai?

Opposite end of the state. Sorry, lad. But I hear the southern end of the state down by there is damn nice.

Friendly reminder that there is literally nothing wrong with debtors prisons. They should also be given the alternative to work off their tab as indentured servants.

I think they put "debtors prison" in quotes because it's not actually a debtors prison. I also think that giving someone a bounced check is illegal

debtors prison has a long history of getting BTFO in our country

You sound like some hick tradie.

I say that as a student at a top 10 uni. Kill yourself you materialistic, un-empathetic faggot.

I know that feel, fellow Arkansan.
My local police dept recently spent $2000 on cowboy hats.

I actually agree with this. Disputed and owed debt should be a civil matter and never a criminal one. It doesn't matter if the lender is the state.

owing someone money isn't a crime
giving someone a bad check is a crime.

lets lynch niggers

youtube.com/watch?v=C3aK9AS4dT0

>now they're gonna lose a lawsuit which will cost the city millions

HAHAHAHAHA

Typical statists. Private enterprise already found a solution to this problem. It's called a fucking credit score.

that doesnt sound so bad. summer is unbearably hot here during the summer. my dog sweats and starts to stink after a simple 5 minutes outside im tired of showering it

>Says top ten
>Never says which one

The headline literally says he wrote bad checks. That's fraud.