Can someone explain to me where do Germany's success come from?

>inb4 they're superior
I don't believe in these things, give me a serious answer on why they were economically and militarily superior for so long and still are on the top after being defeated in the two World Wars please.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reconstruction_of_Germany
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allied_plans_for_German_industry_after_World_War_II
youtu.be/Nd8uiIpAy8E?t=46m8s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

After WW2 the Americans absolutely flooded Germany with money in order to rebuild them.

>large population
>located in the middle of Europe
you got more

Yeah but they built you industry, with us they just severed our links to our colonies.

Ruhr region being significant place since Roman times. It's the most populated part of Europe. During modern era it was protected by Anglos along with low countries so it prospered.

germans are autistic and actually care about working, kinda like nips in this regard.

>cue the woodchopper simulator screencap

2000 guess what happened, fuckin g*rmans

>2000 guess what happened, fuckin g*rmans

Adoption of the Euro was a requirement for reunification. It was forced on us by France.

Germany would have been just as, if not more so, powerful if they had unified any time earlier. The lands of central Europe that make up Germany have always been incredibly wealthy, developed, and densely populated. They’ve just been too preoccupied fueding with each other for most of the last 1000 years to unify in to a single country that would eclipse every other power in the world.

>Yeah but they built you industry

Nope, in fact they took large parts of our industry, science, technology and patents.

Took over it yes, then they gave it back to you.

>Romanians think working is autistic

Returning what they took is a far cry from "they built your industry".

Words have meanings.

How? They built the industry up, then handed it back to you.

>tfw correlation between German‘s trade success and Spanish trade decadence.

Makes me angry, fucking kartoffel fucked us up since the start of the millennium. EU was a mistake. We were an economically promising country by the end of the 90s.
Also my life is way more miserable since I live here, can’t wait to go back after having finished my studies here.

t. Spaniard in Germany

>They built the industry up

Source?

i didn't mean it like that but yeah caring exclusively about work is pretty fucking autistic. and yeah you got me i'm a lazy fuck romanian good for you

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reconstruction_of_Germany

You’re wrong. The only thing Americans have really contributed the success of Germany is stopping the French, Brits, and Russians from trying to balkanize them after losing world wars.

Can you point to the section that substantiates your claim that they "built up" our industry and "handed it back" to us?

For some very, very odd reason, I can't seem to find it in the link you provided.

>After WW2

You didn't actually read anything from that page, did you.

you had American engineers working at every level, infrastructure, factories, parts, materials, etc. you haughty teutonic bastard

Can you quote the relevant section?

>Hoover further noted that, "The whole economy of Europe is interlinked with German economy through the exchange of raw materials and manufactured goods. The productivity of Europe cannot be restored without the restoration of Germany as a contributor to that productivity."
>Hoover's report led to a realization in Washington that a new policy was needed; "almost any action would be an improvement on current policy."[45] In Washington, the Joint Chiefs declared that the "complete revival of German industry, particularly coal mining" was now of "primary importance" to American security

Nope.

>The Allies confiscated large amounts of German intellectual property (patents and copyrights, but also trademarks).[29] Beginning immediately after the German surrender and continuing for the next two years the US pursued a vigorous program to harvest all technological and scientific know-how as well as all patents in Germany. John Gimbel comes to the conclusion, in his book "Science Technology and Reparations: Exploitation and Plunder in Postwar Germany", that the "intellectual reparations" taken by the US (and the UK) amounted to close to $10 billion.

>The patents, drawings and physical equipment taken in Germany included such items (or drawings for) as electron microscopes, cosmetics, textile machinery, tape recorders, insecticides, a unique chocolate-wrapping machine, a continuous butter-making machine, a manure spreader, ice skate grinders, paper napkin machines, "and other technologies — almost all of which were either new to American industry or 'far superior' to anything in use in the United States."

>The British took commercial secrets too, by abducting German scientists and technicians, or simply by interning German businessmen if they refused to reveal trade secrets.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allied_plans_for_German_industry_after_World_War_II

>restored
>revival

Are you dense?

Which part of that quote substantiates your claim that they "built up" our industry and "handed it back" to us?

For some very, very odd reason, I can't seem to find it in the quote you provided.

It's a good thing it isn't still 1947 then, isn't it.

TIL Spain is nega-Germany

I, for one, think it is a very good thing indeed that it still isn't 1947.

Are you?
Fucking Wehraboos, honestly.

American investment is often overstated, but it is also a factor. The main reason why Germany pulled ahead is because they didn't need to spend as much money on military during most of their reconstructive years, and because unlike Brits and French, they didn't waste money and effort fighting decolonization wars.

Germany is large, centrally-positioned, and has a political culture that favors marshalling the resources of the state to throw its weight around in international capital markets.

This is also their weakness though. Such is European history.

wtf I love Germany now!

The user who has repeatedly failed to substantiate his claims is eerily silent. I hope he's okay.

t.

They have 20+ million more people, there's nothing else to it. There's no magical German secret.

We some different education systems. Lots of people here don't study, they do an apprenticeship. It's like a study but with practical background. You join a company with 18 years and you go to school meanwhile working. Companies benefit from young and cheap workers and the persons who start there benefit from an early job and an education. Mostly there is no university degree needed and you get experience by just doing and working there.

Also, salaries are relatively low in Germany compared to other western nations and the industry is very automatized.

There was no American investment in East Germany, still it's better than most western nations nowadays. Also, most other western nations got more money from the marshal plan than West Germany.

They are successful because there are so many of the bastards. Remember there are over 90 million ethnic Germans in Europe. They dwarf everyone in Europe except the Russians, and Russia's a deprived shithole.

>they didn't need to spend as much money on military during most of their reconstructive years
Totally wrong. East and West Germany had one of the biggest armies during the time of the cold war. It was the front of the iron curtain. If you would've combined the armies, they could've conquered Europe. West Germany alone had 2300 Leopard 2 tanks, couple of thousand Leopard 1 tanks a huge artillery battalion.

He's talking about the Marshall Plan period when you had no standing army.

It was 10 years after the war, where there was nothing left. Why should this make a significiant difference?

yes, and
4 major rivers for industry helps a lot
Also i think we always got pushed to be more efficient, because we lacked colonies and always big rivals and maybe the infighting of the german states pushed that too
youtu.be/Nd8uiIpAy8E?t=46m8s
good talk, timestamp is about europe - germany