Why does everyone forgive Finland for siding with the nazis?

Why does everyone forgive Finland for siding with the nazis?
Is it because the commies started it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gJZxRvYHc5Q
youtube.com/watch?v=NVqxoA52kjI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because they won

This, and they had no choices.
They where invaded.
Plus awesome skiing snipers.

Fighting the R*ssoid menace absolves all crimes>

But really though, they were facing an existential threat. They didn't have much choice.

Who the fuck we would have sided with? UK and USA supported Russians. We needed help

We lost 2 out of 3 wars

I HATE Nazis

They didn't commit any war crimes or persecute Jews. They were the only democracy on the Axis side. They just fought for their country's survival.

I am unironically ashamed of the fact we didn't stand up for you, even if it would of resulted in us being slapped around too.

Shut up Chamberlain

because they're cool

Best resumé

Chamberlain gets unfair hate desu.

best summary*

Really, why that ?

Well in fairness we had planned to. But there was no way of getting forces to Finland because Sweden and Norway denied us transit.

Appeasement was our only option considering we had basically no army to speak of. The time he gave was invaluable.

Not that user, but he did the best he could with the resources he had (which in 1930s Britain was not a lot). People who wanted him to go to war over Munich don't understand that we had no stick to hit the Germans with. Our armed forces were non-existent.

He is the hero who worked to protect the country.

Nazis gave Soviets green light to invade Finland in 1939. After Barbarossa, Finns and Germans cooperated not as allies but more as "enemies of my enemy". When German defeat became inevadeble, Finns gladly kicked Germans out.

That kicking them out started another war

I see. Maybe I see the Great Britain as France at the same time, and so, judge them like French politics, wich is non-sense.

>Pic
Whoops, I think I have to go to sleep

What choice did they have?

The US gave you planes you ungrateful F*nn

No choice. Finland had to submit to being the front for axis offensives for protection. The amount of political play during that war to not destroy the legitimacy of our government in the eyes of the allies AND Germany was mindboggling. In the end our President had to Sacrifice himself so The country could survive. He signed a pact with Hitler that as long as he would be in office he would not pull out the war in exchange for german supplies. After that he resigns from office and makes Mannerheim president so he can sign separate peace with USSR. AND after the crushing peace terms we still have to deal with German army in Lappland, first the evacuation of german troops went according to plan and peacefully but then we get demands from USSR high command to get the germans out of the country in a ridicolous deadline and if this deadline is not met they will revoke the peacedeal and resume offensives. So again, we had no choice but to fire on the evacuating german troops which ended in them burning down whole lappland in scorched earth tactics.

Considering the cards we were dealed with, we did fine i guess.

You sided with the wrong side and then took the German scientists you ungrateful y*nkee

How dare you give Finland shit. They contributed to the fall of the Nazis ffs.
>Stalin invades Finland
>Thinks it'll be easy because Finland is small babby army and the Red Army is an over sized behemoth.
>he's wrong.
>very wrong.
>Hitler sees this and thinks "fight the USSR would be easier than I thought..."
>A few years later, Operation Barbarossa begins
>Barbarossa caused the collapse of Nazi Germany.

Oh and these german supplies were very much needed in late 44' since the USSR had launched several major offfensives on the Karelian fron which had been entrenched and inactive for most of the war so most of the troops and equipment was in the north. Even then we atleast were able to succesfully defend against an immeasurable stronger opponent in few key battles so USSR was open to peace talks since they needed the troops in the german offensive and fighting a protracted war in finland with coming winter would just take too much resources and men to be worth the effort. Atleast that's the official statement made by USSR later when the finno-USSR friendship treaties were signed.

youtube.com/watch?v=gJZxRvYHc5Q

He did not though. Watch this video. In it Hitler speaks about Barbarossa and how he already knew that if he did not attack now the USSR would've been so overpowered they would've rolled over Germany easily if the forces were mobilized and ready for war. He was boggled about the amount of tanks USSR was producing even at the start of Barbarossa

youtube.com/watch?v=NVqxoA52kjI