How did Sup Forums react to the 2011 Japan tsunami?

How did Sup Forums react to the 2011 Japan tsunami?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lHXKYFLQgaI
nytimes.com/2011/04/14/world/asia/14sendai.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

thoughts and prayers

I had a family member that was injured

>7 years ago
I remember my mom seeing a video of it on the news and thinking it was CGI because of how crazy it looked. It's just weird to see something like that happen to a first world country.

Honestly it's crazy to see that in general.
The mere fact that at a moments notice a natural disaster could destroy an entire human city.
It sounds like science fiction, but that proved it.

>You remember watching this with your middle school friends
youtube.com/watch?v=lHXKYFLQgaI

We watched a TV documentary about it in school.

i remember seeing a video of some crazy evangelical girl thanking god for having struck the evil pagan nation of japan

At that moment I could know who is my friend and who is malicious.

2bh that much damage done in a developed first world nation was so much more immediately shocking for me
the same thing happening in the third world would basically be like a house fire inside of a forest fire, not that much of a shocker

:D

too bad these mucks have a short memory, tell em to kick rocks

Shocked. We got "minute of silence" in school,
then praying in church for Japan, then after a lot of TV debates about nuclear energy.
Sorry for you guy

We laughed at the japs

Weebs killed themselves or pledged to fly their and support Japan

Steins Gate came out about then and got delayed IIRC. Weebs died

Japan didn’t need any help

Our “support” was a literal propaganda campaign that got in the way of the first responders.

But hey, whatever. A dependent Japan is a good Japan.

I raised over 1,000 dollars from setting up local donation boxes at stores in town for the red cross.

I could've taken the money, and no one would have known.

I gave it to some fat faggot at the Red Cross building, he didn't even say thanks.

Fucking horrible decision.

>Japan didn’t need any help
nytimes.com/2011/04/14/world/asia/14sendai.html
fuck off, bernout

Step out from behind the flag, Yamato.

It happened the day before my birthday

yeah this, i was in tokyo then and got considerable quakes as well, and yet i couldn't believe it was real. it just looked surreal that japanese cities mere a couple of hundreds kilometers north of tokyo were getting wiped out by fucking walls of massive water.

I heard the Red Cross is one of the worst NGOs out there, since they use like 80% of donations to either pay their CEOs, or for advertisement, or on management

>Japan didn’t need any help
Ok so I guess we should have offered no aid despite having a massive military presence there.

>We laughed at the japs
My county had a huge fundraiser and a news station had a telethon to raise money for Japanese relief, you're just an edgy jackass.

I think he was talking about Sup Forums as a community

everybody was worry about mu anime, anime artists, and big tits whores.

i remember articles about navy food and supply airdrops and people still bitching about the military presence there, and how Japanese didn't consider it do be charity since they had to pay money for the operations. no good deed goes unpunished

laugh at chernobyl? get fukushima yellow faggots

Does anyone have an archive of that day? I was in highschool and didn't know about 4 Chan.

It was traumatic. I remember

I remember there was a Korean guy named Kimchi that used to post on Sup Forums, and be celebrated it. He thought it was a gift from the Korean god ‘Hwanin’

We supported them. In spirit.

I hardly remember anyone talking about the tsunami on Sup Forums, it was pretty fun on 2011 Sup Forums though.

I was in high school that year.
We got a minute of silence and then praying (it was a catholic school).
Then we wanted to prepare donations, help and stuff but then we had realize that it is so damm complicated (distance, burocracy and stuff) and cancelled the project. Btw we knew that Japan is a first world country so, maybe they didn't need help...

Many schoolmates and I were worried about anime broadcasting those days and stuff.
We appreciate you Japan-kun. Don't make us worry again.

Medaca Mahou Shoujo got cancelled Sup Forums cried, a lot. So how was your school?

I will never forgive Japan for delaying MUH ANIME for an entire month

It was March 11th Fri. for confirmation. (March 10 is another memorial day.)

4ちゃんらしくてステキ

ironically people realized how useful flattops were for disaster relief missions which is why now JMSDF can build them without getting a strong publish backlash

me and some guys watched it in live how that water rushes towards inland

we thought it's the punishment of God for anime and hentai

*public backlash

I vividly remember the 2004 tsunami even though I was like 12 at the the time, but for some odd reason I have no memory from the 2011 tsunami. Like at all.

they managed it so well barely any people died compared to the 2004 Tsunami

no deaths=no news value

20,000 people died.

less than the tenth of the 2004's death toll

Nearly 6 times as many as 9/11.

and no one gives a damn about 9/11 either

A gattai memes

Wow you sure are Hung(a)ry for attention!

I was taking a difficult history exam and I thought the world around me started seating because I was thinking too hard. I felt dizzy and thought I was losing it, but I looked around and everyone was looking at each other. It was a slow sway but it lasted long. When I heard the epicenter was so far away, I knew Tohoku was fucked.

With joy and happiness. Nothing makes me more glad than seeing the Japs in pain and misery.

also it will be more beautiful that muslim refugees tsunami destroy hungary

keep dreaming Sachiko

We understand you Japan, Earthquakes are funny until they are 7'5 and above
Now hug me

>dreaming
Wake up, it's reality

and get collapsed a nation after chernobyl snow faggots.

i was hoping for a nuclear explosion but meh

Still we are in recovering work.
The nuclear accident is just a part of the disaster.

>ITT: 1 radioactive nip owns Eastern Bloc faggots

It's fake and cgi.

Well how do I read Sup Forums from 2011? What memes do you have back then?

"not in my range of care" problem tiers

I remember myself reading it on the newspaper and I was like "Oh, It's another earthquake in Japan" and stopped giving a shit at that point

was sad for them at first, then realized they build nuclear plants close to the fucking sea and i laughed loudly

You're deluded

>Well how do I read Sup Forums from 2011? What memes do you have back then?
Just lurk 9gag and you'll know everything about those old memes in an hour

Polandball was still popular, Krautchan spammed constantly, and Spurdo was just starting to take off here because Finland was raping other Sup Forumss.
>you will never return to pre-double german crush autist-mode Sup Forums

I want this

>2011 was 7 years ago
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Back then I was religiously watching NHK World TV every day and learned from it on there. They stopped broadcasting for a while.

RIP to my Japanese brethren and sisthren.

On Sup Forums I only remember this image of the coastline and people telling you top press F11 for a Japanese earthquake simulator.