Why does our military suck so much?

Why does our military suck so much?

>Our technological Superiority we once had is becoming increasingly irrelevant by the development other countries in the region

>Enlistments have been on a decline since the 90s, we have under 100k in Active and reserves combined but for some stupid reason despite every other near us having massive numbers we still have an emphasis on light infantry instead of mechanized so we can actually at least be on par with other SE Asian countries, our entire tank force is 60 strong, having above standard training for infantry does fucking nothing

>We have been distracted by shifting our doctrine to concentrate on counter terrorism

>China

>Because of other countries increased technological edge the Air-Sea gap will become a useless policy, we should be putting great emphasis on this if we want to compensate for lack of numbers

>We have only one pact with the US and New Zealand, if push comes to shove help from the US might only be in the form of a diplomatic protest, it's too risky, plus it seems likely that the US will take on an isolationist policy [spoiler]Trump, it's just a fact don't get upset[/spoiler]

If we want to survive this century we should be concentrating on building an independent military industry like the Turks, and use this to regain our technological edge by building more ships, getting strike aircraft to regain our lost capability with the F-111c and get equivalent aircraft (Hornets and F-35s don't cut it) and mechanizing our infantry to make us on par with the zerg rush quantities of South East Asian armies and the yellow menace aka China

You tell me.

The Euros have done this shit too by appointing Females in Military brass, this stupid meme needs to die, whats the idea anyway, they are less likely to be aggressive?

Our army focuses on light infantry because:
A) It's cheap.
B) It's cheap to transport and supply them in the warzones of our allies.
C) If the enemy makes groundfall in australia, the war is already over, so that money could be better spent on planes and ships.

Air/sea is the only meaningful military deterrent australia has; we could never field tanks or mechanized units in large enough numbers to even slow down a military that has the capacity to defeat our airforce and land ground forces on our soil.
Like it or not, our only defense is our alliance with the USA. No amount of spending or recruiting will ever get us to a place where we could defeat China, Indonesia or Malaysia in a ground war. It's just not realistic.

>Female

>australias military
Has it ever been relevant? All you do is catch refugees

I can't wait for Singapore garrison 2.0

We have to defend ourselves from the emus m8

it's why our abrams don't have the depleted uranium armour like the m1a2s have even though the yanks were willing to sell it to us - the mutations only make them stronger

>still has to build his gun

kek

Please colonize Indonesia again

We and the US military are too fucking bluepilled. If we really wanted to we could wipe out ISIS in a week. If the US really wanted to they could do it in 3 days. But ohhhh nooo political correctness, cultural marxism and civilian casualty taboos have to ruin everything

We should get rid of work for the dole and put everyone who has been unemployed for more than 6 months into the military.

E M U S
M
U
S

Why would it be over if they made ground fall in Australia? Not trying to debate you, just wondering why.

>SE Asia
>wanting a majority mechanized force
Islands and jungles don't mix well with mechanized forces. And most of those islands are heavily urbanized
China has some flatlands near the Coast and in manchuria, but the other 80% is jungle and mountains. Many mountains

Story one of my TAFE instructors once told me (he used to be a mechanic working on the orions) once:

He was on a exercise once where the airforce were defending their base, and the army were attempting to capture it.

So he and some of his friends were hanging out taking shots (I don't know what they were using, MILES gear or paintballs or what) at the edge of the base where the army lads were trying to advance using cover, and the airforce guys were having trouble seeing them because they were using bushes and stuff for concealment.

So what they do is, a couple of the lads provide suppresive fire while some of the mechanics set up an APU for one of the Orions, and then one of the airforce guys was sitting inside the orion using the thermal cameras to spot the army guys and yelling out of the open hatch to some airforce guys who were perched on the wing and firing at the army

Apparently they did pretty well in the exercise.

Not sure if I'm fucking up some of the details here since this was a while ago I heard this tale.

we are a defense force hamburger

Australia has nothing to fear.
Who the fuck do you think is going to invade?
Emus?

Woops t h ought op was a fellow burger

You can mechanise anything.
Its just what you mechanise. In SEA you want amphibious mechanisation

Because your ROEs are written by limp wristed nu male cucks
>oh noes you can't shoot dem poor chillun derrorists
>no you can't just shoot grenades into buildings for fun
>niggers are ppl
>no the battallion won't go joyriding trough some sandnigger shithole blasting metal and killing "civilians"

Rules of Engagement are for pussys and ruined warfare

The US defacto subsidizes the rest of the world's military making it unnecessary for other countries to devote a lot of resources on it (also making them more dependent on suckling the US teat).

No guns, barely any defense force. Our government are pussies and they would immediately surrender.

There is no fuckin' way the ADF could withstand an invasion from China in any modern time. Probably a more realistic would be some sort of land grab/invasion from Indonesia as resources slow down and over crowding occurs in the future. The only possible way the Army would be able to offer some resistance is the fact we'd be on home soil, and the conditions can be pretty brutal. I'd give metropolitan centres maybe a week in an invasion, then the Army would probably be best just to run into the bush and start some guerrilla warfare

screen capped nice story, i heard from an user here that a while back when we still had the leopards IIs there was a joint naval army exercise with the US on an island or something, during the exercise there were a pair of leopards roaming around the edge of a bluff when they spotted a destroyer, a few dozen HEAT rounds later and the destroyer was pronounced sunk

And the US military is a bunch of fat guys who can't even beat goatfuckers in a desert because of the shitty ROEs.

They have to declare it an accident in order to do the fun stuff.

you worried about 3rd world countries brah? get a grip, expanding our military is a waste of money, big bro has our back, should the political climate change though, then it would be a good idea to put more money into it

>See flag
Why am I surprised a German is pissed about ROE >: )

>Rules of Engagement are for pussys and ruined warfare
True. Just don't be a typical kraut and cry only when it's happening to you.

muh nig