SIG Self Improvement General

Expansion of knowledge and wisdom

Grooming

Personal health

>Expansion of knowledge and wisdom

Do this during driving commutes or free time. Audiobooks are goat.

You're already browsing Sup Forums, so you have at least a moderate interest in improving you personal relations and influence ability. Pic related is a great starting point. Books about influence and persuasion/hypnosis are also good. Laws of Power is another good book, but don't get jaded. Scott Adams interview with Stefan Molyneux has good book recommendations, and Stefan's videos are good to think over. Observe Joe Rogan's interviews with various people. He's not correct about everything, but you'll encounter some interesting ideas and it'll help you branch out into interesting areas

Even generic fantasy is good if the author develops the characters wisely (Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time)

Comedians with podcasts are also a good starting point (Bill Bur).

His advice on developing hobbies and learning stuff just from YouTube are great (learn how to cook meat, build stuff from wood, etc. Basic shit.)

Develop skills and hobbies.

>Hobbies help you meet new people.
>Social skills allow you to be likeable.

Other urls found in this thread:

liamrosen.com/fitness.html
gutenberg.org/files/21959/21959-h/21959-h.htm
youtube.com/user/ActualizedOrg/videos
youtube.com/watch?v=rBq-EPieRwU
youtube.com/watch?v=0Z760XNy4VM
raisingchildren.net.au/articles/autism_spectrum_disorder_signs_teenagers.html
ehealthcoaching.com/Rich Dad Poor Dad eBook.pdf
mega.nz/#F!B4dB2SzQ!h_pMC30v2a_y31iD0dy0sg
mega.nz/#!QoRGARhZ!sKun_Jw7izZcNYngYvfs_90Wi6obUcialZf80c2DTYg
youtube.com/watch?v=4a51wQAOGR4
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0306453097000036
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/019188699190040I
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289601000708
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What are some good white supremacist books?

>Grooming and appearance

15 minute investment for huge payoff.

This is something that is very overlooked. Fitness and physical health are important. So important that they deserve their own section.

This is focused on simple facial care.

Instead I will start with two simple recommendations.

1. Start using a safety razor.
I bought 100 blades for $10. Mileage may vary. I get 2 shaves per blade. More expensive blades last longer but cost more. Thicker facial hair, but it's still way better priced than multi blades and it doesn't pull the hair follicle and cause razor bumps/ ingrown hairs. I have sensitive skin, so this is important.
Multiblade Jew is way more expensive and is much worse for skin.

2. Skin care. I avoided the Jew on this for years. You still can with 5 minutes of research, but for people just starting out it doesn't break the bank, and it's very simple.

Buy them, and use them in this order.
Foaming cleanser, Toner, Exfoliant, moisturizer

*Exact steps.
Do them when you wake up and before bed (after your workout/shower [you can use the cleanser in shower to save time] ): Wet face with hot water (to open pores) massage with cleanser. Rinse with cold water (to close pores). Apply toner to face with cotton cloth. Let it sit until dry. Do not rinse (this allows to toner to do its work). Apply Exfoliant (starting out, you use the Exfoliant only before bed. use 2x a day after 1 week of consistent use if still not satisfied) with warm water. Massage all over face for 1-2 minutes. Cold water rinse. Pat dry. Apply light moisturizer (even if you have oily skin). Done!
Do everything but exfoliating twice a day.

If you want to avoid the Jew, just Google search "diy (cleanser, toner, Exfoliant)".

>Mein Kampf

>The Wheel of Time series
Gives a very educated parable of different societies and how they can mesh and remain independent- and why separate laws among separate societies is good.

>Don't Make the Black Kids Angry

>Shave with my axe
>Wash myself with the soap made from the fat and the ashes of my enemies.

>Physical health

30 minutes - 1 hour daily investment. If you get crazy about it you can spend many hours.

*Essentials
>Notebook to record daily workout and calories/macros

This is important because it keeps you accountable and keeps this stuff on your mind. The important part about building good habits be being constantly aware of what you're doing. Treat it lack a job.

*Steps
Calculate how many calories you're burning (Google search TDE calculator)
Find a beginner routine (starting strength is great)
Get to work.

/Fit has great information. Read the sticky. General advice, follow it for 3 months. Learn your body. Adjust accordingly.

3 set of 5 reps.
Modifications (add chin ups and increase weight. Replace bench press with push ups. Add reps.
Do OHP as well.

Add 5lbs per workout for lifts.

You should be hitting your exercises 2* a week and do some cardio one day a week.

Standard workout
*A Deadlift and squat
*B Chin ups and bent over rows
*C push ups and overhead press

Mon A
Tues B
Wed C
Thurs A
Fri B
Sat C
Sun = Funday. Hike. Run. Climb. Something. Meet new people on this day. Get social gains, Mayne.

This is a very general workout. For beginners you can stick with it and modify it as you please so long as you're doing push/pull motions for the upper body and leg work + cardio hitting it 2* a week.

Each person has different preferences and will enjoy different stuff. You're a grown adult. Build a base of strength and move on (or stay with it. As time goes on you will research more and modify rep ranges.)

>Bonus info

Keep a journal for thoughts. You're an adult. You have to be mindful of stuff. If you read or hear anything interesting WRITE IT DOWN. Immediately!

Reflect on it later. Life is an exam. Take notes.

Jump bump

>liamrosen.com/fitness.html
Beginner's Health and Fitness Guide. From /fit/,

Letters From a Self Made Merchant to His Son

This book will remind you it isn't what you know, it's what you do.
PDF - gutenberg.org/files/21959/21959-h/21959-h.htm

Ah Ja, Die Nordische Gesicht

Very interesting. Anything else worth noting?

>spent two months at the gym
>read a few Carnegie books
>listened to fuck load of Bill Burr
>stopped masturbating
>still a scrawny little nu-male looking faggot

Not trying to discourage anyone, but don't expect results any time soon.

I've been working with an idea that I stole from I can't remember where, which essentially breaks up personal development into seven categories, becoming increasingly specific to your own situation and goals
> Physical
> Mental
> Emotional
> Relational
> Occupational
> Environmental
> Spiritual/Philosophical

This couples nicely with the seven days of the week, making it easy to make each area a particular focus for that day, whether it be the podcast you listen to, or simply being more aware of that particular facet of your daily actions.

For me, that means
> Monday, Physical
> Tuesday, Mental
> Wednesday, Emotional
> Thursday, Relational
> Friday, Occupational
> Saturday, Environmental
> Sunday, Spiritual/Philosophical

Each of my personal development goals will map to one or more of these categories, such as
> I want to be 160 lbs body weight, with 12% body fat or less = a physical goal
> I want to have three close friends with whom I will be able to share my thoughts and feelings with, and engage in hobbies with = relational goal
> Etc.

Then, specify WHY I want to achieve those goals

> I want to be 160 lbs with 12% body fat or less because by doing so, I honour my body, maximize my chances for making a positive impression on other people in love, work, and friendship, as well as to enjoy optimal levels of health
> I want to have three close friends because by doing so I open myself up to meaningful engagement with other people, sharing my struggles and victories with people that I care about, while also being able to give and receive love and care

Then I add in my action steps, breaking down these goals into more manageable, bite-sized pieces

> Today I am going to eat 500 calories more than my total energy expenditure, because by doing so, I give my body the macro nutrients it needs to put on lean mass
> Today I am going to complete my workout, because by doing so I utilise the extra food I have been feeding my body

Repeat ad nauseum

oh and forgot
>spent a fuck load on getting a proper diet, adjusting it constantly, and didn't see my weight go up at all

That's the most frustrating part. Still, being a whiny faggot on Sup Forums isn't going to accomplish anything.

You're going about it a bit autistically, but you have the right idea, good luck.

Tell me more about your diet. More, but not too much. You know what I mean.

I'm still working on my diet too, but at least now I know that I really wasn't eating as much as I thought I was. I have the tendency to eat a lot one day (in reality, just barely hit my macros) and then fast for the next day or two until I feel less bloated.

I'm loathe to give up my goal of being a swole fuccboi, but I honestly just don't feel very hungry, even after working out. Wat do?

>autistically
I'd say he's doing it militarily or industrially. And I applaud that.

Was using EatThisMuch, inputting I think 3200 calories (but I can't remember what percentages my macros were). Drank around 2 protein shakes a day and a LOT of pasta and chicken. I pretty much ate the same recipes every day, which didn't bother me. I'd throw in an extra sandwhich or something every second day. Still just lingered at 168lbs, never went up or down.

It's a good plan for personal improvement but it's a bit robotic for relationship/friendship improvements. It's be pretty offputting to someone else if you approached them with the attitude of >WE WILL NOW ALLOCATE 45 MINUTES FOR BANTER AND OTHER FRIENDSHIP RELATED ACTIVITIES

You have to lift consistently, and eat big. Consistently.

Nothing happens overnight. Nothing worth doing. Grind away.
Mewing is good for your jaw and does work. Look up Mike Mewing.

Also, as a skinny boi you can make gains pretty rapid. I went from 142 to pic related in 6 months of consistency and 2 months of dicking around.

What routine did you do and what calories were you eating?

We're you journaling and how consistent was your routine?

Excellent system. Scott Adams talks about developing systems for your set goals. When you break them down categorize them and then develop specific methodologies it becomes much easier. Any anons looking for a system to emulate reference this.

>168lbs
How tall are you? 6'2"-3"?

>Still just lingered at 168lbs, never went up or down.

Try two to four scoops of this mixed with a half-pint of whole milk.

It's barley-based, so it's hard not to slop on weight when taking it.

>then fast for the next day or two until I feel less bloated
That needs to stop. It'll only fuck up your gains. But I feel the same way about not being hungry, I always end up eating food really late at night and that's fucking awful too.

5'11, legally a dwarf.

>What routine did you do and what calories were you eating?
Strong Lifts because I never did any lifting before. 3200 Calories or there abouts.

Reading this again, it's actually a great mentality.

Count religiously, but bump to 3500.

SL is fine so long as you do chins/rows.

Keep going. What's your TDE?

that book is too boring for the 21st century

170lbs at 5'11" should look plenty muscular. I thought you were a lanklet wanting to put on weight. You don't need to gain anything except muscle. Keep lifting, make it hard on yourself. Really push last reps.

Get a little "autistic" - as you'd say - about tracking lift progression for a little while. All this strength/nutrition stuff is like being a novice cooking, You use a measuring cup until you get a sixth sense for it.

Its solid advice, but the part people always seem to miss, is that your intentions need to be GENUINE. If you read and apply the book without developing honest affection for people around you, you will come off like a sleazy car salesman. For most people's lines of work, the lessons within will not be 100% applicable. Still worth a read though.

This actually feels way to fucking forced and autistic.

Are we fallen so low we need goals like 'being able to give and receive love and care'?

Fuck.

Kek. Not going to argue that I can be autistic, but the way I think about it, I need to know what I'm looking for. Who knows? My goals might change in the future, and I might decide that I actually want four close friends, or five, or 100, but at least it's a place to start.

Other good habits/ideas that I've incorporated is a strict no cigarettes/drugs/alcohol policy, as well as limiting refined sugar intake as much as possible in my diet (fructose, corn syrup, etc.) Only drink water and unsweetened green tea. I also sleep on the floor, without a mattress, only a blanket, and I find I don't even miss it. Liberating myself from the mattress jew was one of the best practices I picked up in my personal development journey, and highly recommend it to every user that is able.

I have a morning routine and an evening routine that I am becoming more consistent at following, because by doing so, I have 'bookends' to my day. I can't control what happens in the middle, but every day starts and ends the same way, which is comforting, but also sets me up to have the best day possible. I make my bed every morning, brush teeth, drink water, do pushups/situps/stretch to help wake me up, and then go straight to my workout. Once I'm back I grab a quick (hot/cold) shower, get dressed meditate for 10 mins, write down any goals/thoughts/reminders to myself, and then get cooking breakfast while listening to an audio book/podcast. Sometimes i mix it up and listen to a hypnosis tape instead of meditating, because it's nice to have a bit of variety, but that's my usual morning.

Evening is a more truncated version of my morning. Once the clock hits 10:00, I shut down any electronics I was using, and put aside any work that I was doing. Stretch, drink water, brush teeth/floss, read something, and listen to a short hypnosis tape to help me relax, and then I'm asleep, getting a full nights rest so that I am ready for the next day.

>This actually feels way to fucking forced and autistic.

It's because that guy has autism, bro.

Krav Maga. 3 months of going 3-4 times a week and I lost 20 pounds.

>learn how to street fight
>insane workout
>self-defense techniques
>a lot of Jews do it so you can take your NEET basement-dwelling conspiracy theory frustrations out on actual kikes

Think about applying this to the real world.
Friday or Saturday for emotional or Relations (date night much?) There is no way Friday is a occupational push day. Alliteration is useful (Monday mental, as it makes ideas sticky)

Still, very nice frame work here and scope is good. Just remember discipline is integral every step of the way.

It's not a bad read at all. Pretty simple. That said, even if you find it boring it's still a great starting point.

Agree with this.

You have to be genuine. People can sense disingenuous intentions because they understand what behavior is and isn't logical.

We are so fallen than many modern men don't understand basic social interactions. Look at / fit for example. It is so common that it is a running theme for the boys. TFW no GF.

There's a reason why the first point is to acquire a genuine interest in people.

>I also sleep on the floor, without a mattress, only a blanket, and I find I don't even miss it. Liberating myself from the mattress jew was one of the best practices I picked up in my personal development journey, and highly recommend it to every user that is able.

lel

I know, but I'm saying that most readers skip that part or sit there and say "oh yeah of course I'm genuine", without really giving it much thought. Nothing is going to work if you don't master that first.

*shrug* Lots of people go through their relationships without knowing how to ask for, and receive what it is they truly want. I struggled for a lot of my life not knowing how to honestly ask someone for affection, tell them that I was frustrated, whatever. If that makes me autistic to have to learn how to do so, so be it, but I suspect it's a lot more common than you seem to be insinuating.

Ugh, I know, but I seriously struggle with the idea of getting bigger, and I think I'm subconsciously self-sabotaging myself because on some level I don't WANT to get bigger. Maybe a vestigial victim complex of wanting to be accepted just the way I am, instead of having to improve myself? Who knows.

>We are so fallen than many modern men don't understand basic social interactions.

What the fuck went so wrong in the last 30 years?

>Don't Make the Black Kids Angry
Pretty shit book, desu.
We already know blacks tend to be quicker to anger, more violent, and the media uses them for their own ends.
He'd be better served looking at crime stats, matching states and their police funding, private jail usage, and policy makers for the past 50+ years.

Oooh, good idea. I was just going with that order because that was the way it was introduced to me.

Monday, mental
Tueday, physical
Wednesday, occupational (hump day?)
Thursday, emotional
Friday, relational
Saturday, environmental,
Sunday, spiritual

Eh, something like that. Anons can come up with their own system.

It's awesome you're trying to take hold of your life and get the most out of it, but I honestly think you should read up on autism. I'm not saying this to be mean or funny, but stuff like having a ludicrously rigid daily routine that is "comforting" is actually something they ask you about when diagnosing autism. Again, I'm not saying this to be funny, it might genuinely help you out to get a diagnosis.

Video games television shows and movies became pseudo Hobbies. Instead of having actual friends people now can have surrogate friends through YouTube personalities. Social interactions through Hobbies clubs an event just aren't as common for the average person as they were in the past people aren't experiencing as much life as they did in the past. That is why people that are considered losers spend time should in and alone. It is no coincidence that people see a natural link between the two.

Fucking hell, that's pretty accurate. I have a lot of "surrogate friends" myself, its so fucking pathetic.

*Shut in and alone. Talk to type function.

OP is this something you post regularly or is this the first time you've done it? It's a great idea.

The way I see it, one can be consciously competent, unconsciously competent, consciously incompetent, or unconsciously incompetent.

People have always wanted to improve their relationships, learning how to be better with other people, how to understand people better, handle them better to get the results they want, whatever.

The difference is that instead of going from unconsciously competent
>hey, you're good with girls
to consciously competent
> I know how to pick up girls
we're going from unconsciously incompetent
> Supreme gentlemen at your service m'lady
to consciously incompetent
> holy shit I'm a complete sperglord
to consciously competent
> I know how to pick up girls

Substitute picking up girls for whatever you want. Building a lasting marriage, being the life of the party, learning to be alone, whatever. You can blame da j00s for all the sperglords if you want

I love the idea of you giving that whole speech to your phone while sitting in the dark.

all self development content you ever need
you won't find anything more advance on youtube
youtube.com/user/ActualizedOrg/videos
>inb muh mushrooms

sample youtube.com/watch?v=rBq-EPieRwU

I'm the same way. Read about 20 of the pol recomended reading list. Been at the gym for a few months but I still think I'm a weak retard. Just have to keep at it I suppose.

It was a thread about it that popped up some day or two ago, we all agreed there that this should be a thing.

So, yeasterday i browsed Sup Forums and here you have it a /ironpill/ general.

This is a second one, by diffrent user propably but i think. Keep em coming.

What difference would an official diagnosis make? It honestly wouldn't surprise me if I had some form of high-functioning autism, but I don't see why I should care except to get autismbux

That's just how it is. Very sad to see however, threads like this one and the other self-improvement one and even the entire Board of fit and Pole offer ways for people to Branch out and ReDiscover what what's forgotten. With the power of the internet we have so much information available. Unfortunately most people do not even have the self-awareness to know that they are in need of it and therefore do not seek it.

I have posted eclectic things like this before across other various boards however, this is the first one what I've gathered some general info together. The idea has been presented before on pole however yesterday was the first time it had stuck in a while. What's the population becomes adapted to this and the board had a significant enough portion of people reading and doing the stuff they need for the sticky diminishes and it disappears for a while until a new crowd is here and the old has turned over. We are at that point again. I was not the first one on to do this when did it yesterday but I think about the first to have such a big one put together.

Actually walking around and doing this in between work at my job. Lol. It's basically Incognito shitposting.

>You're already browsing Sup Forums, so you have at least a moderate interest in improving you personal relations and influence ability

u wut m8

Do not read excessively. Reading =/= thinking.

For every hour you spend reading, you should be spending a couple of hours reflecting on it, and many hours acting on it. You must learn to put down the books and come to a decision. If you read self-improvement literature all the time, you're forestalling action.

we'll always be weak retards, but we can always be a little stronger and wiser

Good advice.

youtube.com/watch?v=0Z760XNy4VM

This is a short movie and red-pilled the shit out of me. I felt time to re-share.

This

Also don't be a repeater faggot, form your own philosophy/way of life. You are unique, act like one. This is true freedom

Brother im a such failure at life and everything between that i don't know if im just not cut for existence or this wishful thinking and (((self help))) mindset is just a loads of crap.

Doesn't hurt to try if you have literary nothing to loose. With me its either this or im killing myself.

Have a question for you guys. Say you have found a way to make money in a field you are very interested in and the "job" you are doing makes you happy, but it involves financial risk and doesn't guarantee a regular income. Would you still recommend persuing it or should I embrace the life of a wage slave and accept that a secure income will ultimately make my life better? I don't want to go into specifics, but it's a job my family and friends wouldn't approve of despite all the evidence showing that it's profitable. My mother has already accepted that I'm not just daydreaming and actually making serious money, but she still pushes me to pursue a "normal" career. I don't live with my parents and I'm financially independent, but considering they have paid for my education for such long time I just can't stop feeling like I owe it to them.

i think clinical depression happens when we become unconsciously incompetent in our self-talk, to the point that the shitty self-talk becomes unconscious.

The board /pol specifically is introduced to ideas that would be considered a little bit radical by significant enough portion of the population. Because of this mini posters Express difficulty in communicating these ideas to normies. I bet that many would agree that they wish they were more eloquent or capable of communicating. It is something that they have intrinsically recognize but are not quite Adept enough to express.

I agree. That is why I recommend journaling and reading reading what you have journaled. They say that you should create as much entertainment for yourself as you can soon. This is a good general rule. Mindless consumption passes through you. The things that you record and reflect on will stay with you longer. That is why I advocated journaling your workouts and your thoughts.

Good point.

Let's see, from raisingchildren.net.au/articles/autism_spectrum_disorder_signs_teenagers.html

> talk a lot about a favourite topic, but find it difficult to talk about a range of topics
Well, it's not that it's difficult, but I just don't care to talk about stuff that doesn't interest me
> have a very good vocabulary and talk in a formal, old-fashioned way
Not as bad as I used to be, though I still love the word prolixity, and paroxysm, and panegyric
> express few emotions on her face, or not be able to read other people’s facial expressions
I've had numerous people tell me that they can't read my body language at all, especially my face
> prefer to spend time on her own, rather than with friends
Yep
> have trouble relating to children her own age, and might prefer to play with younger children or adults
Yep
> have few or no real friends
Yep
> be unusually sensitive and get upset easily
Yep, but getting better
> be easily upset by change and like to follow routines – for example, he might like to sit in the same seat for every meal or have a special order for getting ready in the morning
Kek, yes.
> depression – older children and teenagers who are aware of their differences are also often aware of how others see them and can feel like outsiders. These feelings might be intensified by changing hormone levels during puberty
Yep
> anxiety or feeling overwhelmed – for example, they might feel anxious about going to a new place, or in social situations
Not so much anymore, but in the past.

Do I win?

Generally speaking risk and money-making potential have an inverse relation. Do what you enjoy and ride the wave of wrist. It's probably risky because it requires skill on top of seasonal demands for the job. I say that you should definitely pursue it worst case scenario it doesn't work out but you're better for the experience. It sounds like even if you have a slight feeling towards the end you will have been better off financially than if you would pursue something more safe the only difference being that you put in less effort.

I can keep my depression somewhat away by consciously being nice to myself in my inner monologue.

I don't know why this isn't told to people who have depression.
I realised I was making it 100x worse, and being kind to myself helped a huge amount.

There's lots of ways to think about depression, probably the most helpful one for me was thinking about depression in terms of mental fitness. Just like we have physical fitness, we can be mentally fit too. Clinical depression is the mental equivalent of a heart condition, putting you at risk of a heart attack (suicidal ideation) or even heart failure and dying (suicide)

In physical fitness, everything comes down to diet + exercie, and it's the same way with the mind. What is your mental diet? What ideas and books and videos do you feed your brain? What is your mental exercises? Are you monitoring your own thoughts? Taking time to meditate, etc.? Repeating affirmations/encouraging self-talk?

IMO this way of thinking is much more intuitive than thinking about mental 'health' because mental 'health' only has connotations of mental hospitals for me, and being sick, not thriving. Your mileage may vary, but thinking this way made it a lot easier for me not to beat myself up, because it's a perspective shift to "everyday I am getting stronger, and more fit" versus a more arbitrary seeming 'healthy'.

*Shrug*

make the best decision for your life
the people who care about you will support that

Huh? I thought people would just not care and only give a damn about themselves? rip

go for it senpai
it's easier to chose security but you will most likely regret that choice
the other option, on the other hand, is possibility for growth and fufillment
if you put enough effort and be smart about it you can work it out
you can literally improve in all those areas
but its way easier to blame it on diagnosis, since that way you can get rid of feeling responsibility

not reading Schopenhauer and thinking deeply about issues to save muh feelings is pussy shit

depression is a natural, healthy response when certain things come to light, if not permanently at least for some time

I think the actual risk my family and friends see is that I won't find employment if my current endeavour fails. I mean, ultimately, it's a business set up in a way that I can not lose more than I have at any given moment, so the financial risk is certainly there but it's not going to ruin my life. The big question is, what is plan b going to be? and I have yet to come up with a satisfying answer. The way I see it is, I'm exceptionally good at what I'm doing. There aren't many things I've ever been so invested and interested in. I'm constantly working (definitely putting in more hours than I would at any regular job), constantly improving and that's actually somewhat extraordinary for me. It would feel like a waste of an opportunity not to commit 100%, but that's exactly what all the people around me want. "Treat it as a hobby, treat it as side income,.." and I can understand their POV, because I know they wouldn't have what it takes to deal with that kind of pressure. They love their comfy office jobs and regular paychecks. I love doing what I'm good at and getting rewarded for it.

From the other thread
>ehealthcoaching.com/Rich Dad Poor Dad eBook.pdf
Does anyone know if this is the full book on here?
Probably going to crash read the entire thing this weekend if it's only 240 pages desu

This is all you need to know about trading comfort for control of your own destiny

Man, im not good at anything and that's the problem.

Lucky man you.

>Sup Forums books
mega.nz/#F!B4dB2SzQ!h_pMC30v2a_y31iD0dy0sg

>/christian/ books
mega.nz/#!QoRGARhZ!sKun_Jw7izZcNYngYvfs_90Wi6obUcialZf80c2DTYg

Include these next time, . Literature is extremely important and helpful for people. Pic related is /Christian/ books and the mega link for the Sup Forums books has pictures.

Bought that book today on the recommendation of some others on Sup Forums. Gonna start on it probably tomorrow or the day after, got any tips for going in?

Any tips on becoming an early bird and staying focused on work?

>Foaming cleanser, Toner, Exfoliant, moisturizer
You're a fucking homo. Water should be all you need.

Lifting/reading is just the beginning. You have to reinforce this self improvement from within

First drop that victim consciousness. It makes you passive and whiny, thus you stay where you are. Give promises to yourself and make sure you follow them, so that you gain self respect and further your improvement. Be sincere to yourself and all will be on track

Secondly, look within. Our eyes always look at outside, rarely if never inside. Think yourself as a garden. If you don't tend to it it will be overrun with wild grass and homeless nignogs will shit in it. Wonder why most old people go full retard? Because they never tend to their inner world so all those accumulated crap in years fucks their whole being up (this accumulation process is now faster because of muh modern age and kikery that comes along with it)

Always try to stay conscious, be aware of yourself and your surroundings. Observe yourself. Why are you doing a certain action? When do you do it? How do you react to certain stimuli? If you don't be present, you will go into auto-pilot mode. This mode is what makes you a normie. (((They))) code your mind like a computer and you work this given code without being aware of it.

>Any tips on becoming an early bird
Just go to bed 8 hours before you need to wake up every day. Don't wake up at 6 different times throughout the week. Once you do this for a few weeks you should be waking up early without alarms after a solid 7-8 hour sleep every night.
>and staying focused on work?
Depends, do you enjoy your work?

keep eyes open while reading
reading from left to right is best
remember to breathe

>Foaming cleanser, Toner, Exfoliant, moisturizer
shaving soap and a shaving brush is plenty for cleansing/exfoliating. maybe moisturizer after if the soap dries out your skin.

So I've recently started exercising again, with the intention to improve my general fitness and put some muscle on. I'm not in the autistic mode of doing exactly the same thing every day, but I make sure I do an amount of cardio every day and some strength training.

I typically burn myself out of doing exercise and for every couple of weeks I stick to a regime, there's 4 months in between where I do essentially nothing, so I'm taking a different approach this time of little and often. It's working so far, as in, I'm still committed to working out and exercising everyday, and I actually want to / enjoy doing so.

While I know I won't see gains or improvements at the same rate as someone that gets autistic about it, do you guys think this is the right way to go about exercising?

Additionally, I'm finding it difficult to eat a lot of calories. I'm quite thin, 5'8, and typically live quite a sedentary lifestyle. Because I have quite a bad habit of missing breakfast, my typical calorie intake used be about 1400-1600~ calories a day. However, I've managed to start waking up earlier and getting the 3 meals in, and I'm seeing an intake of 1800~ a day consistently.

However, I'm trying to eat even more in order to account for my exercising, but I'm finding it hard to get more calories in. I'm just not that hungry. Any advice on this front?

I feel it's worth mentioning that it was only after reading Gorilla Mindset that I've really found the urge and a spiritual incentive to improve my life, so I'd definitely recommend it to anyone out there that suffers from lethargy or self-apathy.

I didn't know I would be good or even interested in my currrent field either. It's not something I've always wanted to do, I just stumbled upon it. My main approach to new things is that I want to understand how they work and why they work the way they do and if you follow that approach you're inevitably going to ask yourself if you could come up with a way to improve them or do something in a better way than it's currently done. Most of the time I quickly find that I can't and just move on, but in this case I figured there was lots of room for improvement and finally succeeded after lots of trial and error and many disastrous mistakes.

The Bell Curve is "white supremacist" technically, because the evidence Murray and Hernstein gather shows that caucasians have the highest average outlier IQ's of any group, by a full standard deviation.

>

FINANCE IMPROVEMENT (dump from my old thread)

In order to cleanse society of corrupt jews we must become richer than them.

Jews were once dirt poor merchant with NOTHING, and they rose to the top by being patient and calculated.

This process will not be as difficult for us, as we already do own a good slice of the world GDP.

Here's how you begin your journey.

Books to Read: The Intelligent Investor, Quantitative Equity Investing (Faboozi), Options as a Strategic Investment, Security Analysis, Algorithmic Trading Strategies, The Wealth of the Nations, The Alchemy of Finance.

Useful websites/outlets: Mit Open Courseware, Khan Academy, Stanford's free course page, Investopedia.
In order to be an efficient investor you MUST know advanced college/university level calculus and statistics.

Psychology of being rich:

youtube.com/watch?v=4a51wQAOGR4

Relaxation potential:

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0306453097000036

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/019188699190040I

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289601000708

Meditation is key, it will relax you on those days when it looks like the sky is falling.

I am personally a regular swing trader (buy/sell every 5-7 days). Please ask me anything you like about this topic, I will do my best to answer. This thread is for all of us to share what we know about improving our financial power.

Has anybody read the Wealth of Nations by Adam smith ?

Is it good ? I want to start reading stuff on economics and I want a good entry tier book. Since Adam smith was one of the first to speak on the subject after the enlightenment, I thought he would be a good start.

I don't really want to start with someone like Rothbard and Friedman, or even Marx. I want something more objective.

Yes, it's pretty good, can recommend.

I know what I need to do
but I find it hard to make myself do it

Is there a method of keeping yourself on track?

I usually always do well for a couple of weeks then fall off
then it can take weeks - months to come back from it and start again

I love my work. It's just that I love learning little facts here and there, or being distracted on other things that are of no importance. I'm having trouble eradicating them from my life. For example, I should be coding, but instead I waste time reading a book or browsing websites/videos.

It is good but honestly, unless you are doing a specific study on that text I would not bother with reading it. You will find plenty of summaries that will do the trick and it is pretty dry.

I would rather recommend you to read Hayek, Tocqueville, de Maistre or even Foucault's "Birth of Biopolitics" (which is pretty instructive).

I love seeing threads like this on pol, kudos! No more self-victimization just self exploration and adventure.

Does anyone have a good book on how countries have worked without a central bank? This could be US pre-Fed or just a more general book on economies without central banks.

m8 we're not even at the bump limit in the old thread yet

I was trying to attract people to another thread I made that has nothing to do with self-improvement but I figured that the demographics coming here would also be interested in discussing that topic.

>

Last time I promise