Excalibur

Just finished this film. My god it was amazing.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XxSeeN03Xfg
youtube.com/watch?v=eC_TFoGhqUU
youtube.com/watch?v=fEQazGC4p7g
youtube.com/watch?v=fFTtUrXPBqk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just finished in your Mom. It was meh.
STOP BEING SO FUCKING TWEEN.

It's s masterpiece tbqh
Also checked

>that intro

youtube.com/watch?v=XxSeeN03Xfg

youtube.com/watch?v=eC_TFoGhqUU

youtube.com/watch?v=fEQazGC4p7g

Can it be topped?

why isnt it more known? its literally a masterpiece

wish they had used more than just the same three Wagner pieces over and over though, perfect otherwise

>King Arthur
>Wagner
What did he mean by this?

because of the graphic sex & violence?

I'd wager most kids even back then were traumatized by Uther's death & Merlin's imprisonment

It's relatively well known, but
1) critics claim it has aged like milk;
2) normies find it long and tedious.

It's Carl Orff not Wagner. Right?

It's both.

They're the same person.

It uses Carmina Burana, but the rest is mostly three pieces of Wagner played over and over again... Seigfried's funeral march from Gotterdamerung, the overture to Tristan & Isolde, and the overture to Parsifal.

John Boorman needs to grow young again and just do Der Ring complete

>be a filthy liberal
>watch Excalibur and Die Nibelungen
>wtf I love fascism now!

Literally capeshit of its time.
Back to your BvS thread now.

I love the way its shot. Very beautiful looking film.

For a King Arthur tale? Hell no.

at least the new one had cool magic & theme

youtube.com/watch?v=fFTtUrXPBqk

>opens with a scene of gigantic elephants wearing pyramid structures that shoot balls of fire
king Arthur was metal as fuck

I liked it, too, but for completely different reasons than I liked Excalibur. King Arthur was more like pure fantasy. Excalibur exists in a weird mid-point between fantasy and reality.

>Excalibur exists in a weird mid-point between fantasy and reality
It's called low fantasy or sword and sorcery

It's weird to say this, but I disagree. It's presented in such a way as to make it feel like their world is ours, like magic is more something that once existed but went to sleep. Merlin even says something to that effect.

Technically, you're right. It's low fantasy, but it's like low fantasy set in our own world's past instead of a distinctly different setting.

>but it's like low fantasy set in our own world's past instead of a distinctly different setting.
That's low fantasy

Classic
>confirmed

it's a very 80's film

Dragonslayer is in the same vein

the actor who played merlin is dead

so is the one who played arthur ;_;

Yeah. Perhaps the greatest fantasy film ever made. Truly a masterpiece.

And their like shall not be seen again.

I watched it a week ago and i thought the pacing and dialogue was very chaotic.

What's up with all the red and green lighting?

Galahad was hot as fuck and had a very nice ass.

>Come fah thah...let us emrace at last.

Why didn't arthur just give mordred a hug

>It's presented in such a way as to make it feel like their world is ours, like magic is more something that once existed but went to sleep

that's literally the King Arthur myth
since actual medieval it's presented as something that 'happened' in the mists of time and of course in the more romantic and chivalric depictions it's a time when men were built more hardy loyal and noble, ladies fair and pure, the sky bluer and grass greener but all that is lost to us now but could one day come again.

Why can't we have more films about knights and chivalry? Are they too toxic and masculine?

The look on Arthur's face when Lancelot arrives in the final battle is so wonderful. He's so happy to fight alongside his friend one last time.

I love that painting desu

>I have often thought that in the hereafter of our lives, when I owe no more to the future and can be just a man, that we may meet, and you will come to me and claim me as yours, and know that I am your husband. It is a dream I have...

I love it

justice leaguethey're all wearing armor, superman being 'the king' and the earth itself being the round table
pls no h8 ignore if this has no value to you

You're pathetic.

you replied brah

didn't say any untruth, and didn't make any value judgements, only observation on content, that's all