Obama to surrender the internet to a global entity

So why the hell is no one talking about the imminent death of the internet?

wsj.com/articles/the-battle-over-obamas-internet-surrender-1465770111
youtube.com/watch?v=Fv1Wo9Eg40k

>It’s make or break for the internet as we know it. Unless Congress acts this summer, the Obama administration will end U.S. protection of the internet, handing authoritarian regimes the power they have long sought to censor the web globally, including in the U.S.

Where were you when internet censorship became a thing?

Other urls found in this thread:

etherid.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You mean domains will no longer be controlled by the oppressive regime of the United States? Fucking awesome dude.

>Private corporations controlling the internet is better than Obama/Hillary controlling it
wtf i love obama now

Yeah, instead they'll be controlled by something like the UN, EU, etc...

Wanna visit Sup Forums? I'm sorry, that website hosts hateful content, so it has been blocked globally. Oh well!

shameless self bump

So (((they))) can circumvent the First Amendment.

US government cant censor, so they outsource the censorship to (((private))) corporations

This farce has gone on long enough, it's high time we take our basic freedom back, everywhere on this planet.

It will be completely controlled by ICANN instead of the (((government)))

>normies will be unable to go to Sup Forums because they're too stupid to understand ip addressing

SAVE MEEEEEEE-oh wait that doesn't sound too bad

Doesnt icann just handle address assignments? Like who gets what ip space? How will they censor the Internet?

Also what makes people think icann is better off in US when the Silicon Valley, including Google already work for the kikes?

Come and Take It you Globalist faggots.

You can pry my internet from my cold dead hands.

Looks like the deep web is getting a renaissance.

>You can pry my internet from my cold dead hands.
They don't have to. Our own president will simply give it to them without so much as a fight.

And you all thought SOPA was bad, you guys haven't seen nothing yet. Imagine China, Russia and Iran having influence on the internet, and willingly giving them power to censor sites at their pleasure.

This goes further than simply "address assigning" this is the globalist taking full control over the internet.

>Sup Forums is only available by IP addressing
>mfw no more normals

ICANN having control is the best fucking thing that has ever happened to the internet.

If you're unable to circumvent a simple fucking DNS block, you have no business using a computer.

See above. If you can't make a simple DNS server on your home network you feel ashamed of yourself.

I have a dedicated firewall (easy as fuck to make senpai) between my computer and my modem. It automatically maps domain requests and turns them into IP addresses. If the DNS system ever goes down or starts blacklisting websites the firewall will just take over and will start issuing requests to specific IPs instead of domain names.

No problem. If you can't do that you're an idiot.

oh...
alright guys, never mind....it seems like this will only affect the normies then.

teach me your ways

First comes the "thought police", testing in Britain as we speak.

Goodbye internet.

>no one talking about
"To read the full story, subscribe or sign in".

>mfw none of you guys have heard of ethereum, web.3.0, ether id, namecoin, dot-bit, blockstack etc etc etc.

talk about normies... lelelelelleleelele

etherid.org/

they'll probably make it illegal to do that shit

Doesn't this have to get approved by Congress first? I'm so fucking tired of king nigger doing whatever the hell he wants without having to face repercussions.

>trusting the US government with control over the internet

Thats not now decentralize applications work.

lol idiots. It's DNS. Literally anyone can run their own DNS server.

You weren't born a technosorcerer, user.
We all start not knowing how to do that, and not everyone is where you are yet.

>(((ICANN)))
FTFY, and the difference is that they don't really have any accountability to anyone unlike the government.

are you retarded? It's not about running a DNS server. It's about who controls the root servers. Jesus christ. Shut the fuck up you sound retarded. it can be bypassed by a simple "use the fucking ip" method. But you running a DNS server at your house, does not allow you to advertise Bigfatcockinmyass.org to the internet. Understand?

>oh no muh root servers
Why does it matter? Give me one reason why it matters. All the content still exists, and with a small config change the domain can be back the way it was before.

someone didn't understand the post he replied to

well then get your shit into gear and learn, all of the shit i do is more about a way of thinking than any actual languages or processes or anything like that

>why does it matter?

then why is control being passed?

probably because we don't want to bother paying for the whole thing anymore

also, freak out when they decide to take over ARIN

just another way ICANN can hike up fees with fewer govt regulations its always about getting those shekels