Sup Forums Wargaming Thread

Is wargaming a Sup Forums approved hobby?

Other urls found in this thread:

fireandfury.com/orbats/modcwbritish.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I enjoy watching it but I'd never get into it myself because of how much that shit costs.

If you buy it a piece at a time and treat it like a hobby you'll have for a long time it helps to diminish the cost. Finding an LGS with people who will let you use their stuff while you paint yours is also nice

it's the only Sup Forums approved hobby

Warhammer is king of wargames

BRITAIN STRONGK

Can I use plastic army men instead?

You're thinking of warhammer. Historical wargaming is much cheaper. You can get a box of 40 Dark Age Warriors for 22GBP/$28USD. And that's an entire army, possibly two if you go small and elite.

Do they sell race war themed mini-figures?

Wargaming is the tabletop sport of true Aryan gentlemen

I've had a closet full of this stuff that I've been too depressed to bust out.

No self respecting wargamer should use rubbish to play.

I'm not really big on painting and all that. Can I find any products pre-painted and how much does that usually cost?

>flames of war

Pleb tier historical desu senpai

Flames of war seems pretty aesthetic though. Is the community large? Is there any other game that lets me play the Wehrmacht as popular as it? How cheap is it?

>not painting their helmets blue and sniping them with a .22

Gotta prep for the future breh

Bolt action masterrace (old warhammer fantasy 8th edition is best)

anyone tabletop /lotr/ here?

This shit is crazy

Gay ass hobby

I want a wargame with cute anime girls in pretty colors. And preferably a magic system.

yep, sure is

>it's a "Sup Forums please validate my life" thread

No one cares what the fuck you enjoy, as long as it doesn't hurt others and you're not the autistic shit that won't shut up about it, at parties especially *cough*WoW freaks*cough*

>not playing 3mm
$50 will get you about 350 units

pic related
some British Army of the Rhine units I'm working on

Only if you support the redpilled legion

Sultans

and tracked Rapiers

That is cool OP, I prefer collecting the gear of the real thing and going camping.

The real question is: tan or green army men?

>3mm

Nigga, you might as well be playing with grains of sand.

Flames of War is as small as you should go in a tabletop miniature game.

>Not having aminiature hitler with tiny heil action lever
>Not having the limited edition auschwitz miniature kit with real working gas chamber

Alright, now THIS is something I could get into. It's cheap, takes minimal effort to set up, and doesn't seem to require a lot of space. How big is the audience for this game?

Not really, but you can buy civilians with guns and paint them white skinned.

Hail to the God-Machines of the Omnissiah, for they are of a might that is greater than the flesh.

minuscule
I know it has a following in Canada though

you can't simulate full theater combat in any scale but 3mm

Compared to other table top games it's affordable.

The community is good sized as well. The Germans have some fantastic pieces, it's my favorite army to play.

>supporting the 3deep4u turning traitor was just a prank bro legion

It's comrade Sargon tier.

They have the best minis

nice cosplay faggot

What ruleset do you use? I could see myself getting a few small forces to play

fistful of tows v3, but I;m using a fire and fury orbat

build small formations first and get a good magnifier

I'm building the whole British 1st armored circa early 1980s and its hell to do in one go

the orbat I'm using
fireandfury.com/orbats/modcwbritish.pdf

With Pepe becoming mainstream....again, does this mean we will needed to fill the market again?

I see normies on twitter using it and tee-shirts online and it is now associated with the """"""""alt-right""""""""

MAGA

TFW you wargame and paint with a qt redpilled [spoiler] Transgender [/spoiler] girl

do europoors even have the space to play tabletop games?

I still do Warhammer Fantasy Battle. Fuck Age of Sigmar.

Infinity

I've always liked the settings/lore of 40K and Warhammer Fantasy. Not so big on AoS. Maybe in the future it'll improve and I'll look into it more.

I'd also like to get into other games but I don't have anyone to play anything with so I just collect and paint what I like.

It's a fun hobby to get into.

How do you even play this?

The way the models are set on the table this in particular looks just like a display piece, usually the infantry are each on their own circular base and you play on a 4'x6' surface using tape measures to move

Roll d6 to determine whether you hit someone

Instead of squares on a chessboard you limit movement with a tape measure. I've played on a huge table made from two old doors. Dice of various kinds and sometimes special situation-dictating cards (like "community chest" in Monopoly) complicate things. Movement and attack alternates, with the success of the attack determine by using rolls of dice to find a probability.

That's just a diorama. The real game isn't like that.

Fucking nerds go to your board

you are ultimately playing a board game that's mostly dice rolls, tape measures, and imagination

and paying thousands of dollars to do it

i appreciate people who take it seriously but it ain't me

ye

I just don't like the space marine or chaos marine aesthetics.

It just reeks of lameness.

'ow 'bout some ork machinez?

Who /flamesofwar/ here?

Me lad, im also getting into TY despite not knowing anyone who plays it

>Patton is no longer a top tier Warrior team

>All that IG

I used to play Fantasy, and 40k. Now I play Warmachine/Hordes

>Fantasy
Wood Elves

>40k
Eldar, Dark Eldar

>Warmachine/Hordes
Retribution, Skorne

Please buy mechanix gloves without the bright white lettering.

where do you get the 3mm? Can't seem to find them online.

I'm into warhammer and the like. Just took this today at a game I played.

Mostly just play 40k and X-wings. I play Admech.

picoarmor . com

I know I will be made fun of, but heroscape is my favorite war game of all time.

We used to play it seriously as kids, but now we spent a weekend making racrwar themed cards and characters (bought army men for nazis and little plastic rappers for niggers) and play out epic pol scenarios such as "the last stand in motor city" or make teams like Dylan roof, Eric and Dylan, Last stand lanza and the crew vs the niggers.

Good fun... Too bad they discontinued the game.

>Heroscape

Anyone that uses Cyprien Eisenwein or Isamu is forever a faggot.

fuck ya man i played this to death as a kid

My brother took cyprien, Sonia, airborne elite and major q9 and locked them in my dad's safe in like 2009. They're still there.

My d20 was majestic I guess

What did the zombies represent?

Probably zombies? Given they're a part of regular 40k now?

I played this a couple times at my LGS. It was pretty sweet.
I used to play Heroclix. It's less expensive than other shit and is pre-painted/pre-assembled.

No!

If neckbeards do it and the rich don't do it....it's not pol approved.

Buy used. Save shekels.

They are now? Damn, I'm out of touch.

Wish I could get into a cool hobby like this but I'm bipolar and couldn't stay interested.

Gaming = Rape Culture

AoS master race dropping in with some wip

Found the vidfag.

Wish they made a warhammer 40k that was essentially a 3D table top simulator.

Essentially: too poor and busy but wanna play shit

Wait how are they all standing without a base?

Elf tits on da menu today lads!

They go in for smaller scales. The US was still into 25mm when the Brits had moved to 15mm (ancients).

WW2 players here still go with 15mm, the Germans and French I know run 6mm or 1/285.

>aos

>master race

Pick one, faggot.

Stay mad fantasyfag

Yes

File your mold lines BEFORE painting next time, noob. What a waste of an expensive model. Shit tier, kid.

Your game a shit. Pick up WFB 8th Edition or look at 9th Age when you're ready to play at the grownups' table.

strange i saw an aussie post a similar chart the other day and it had US above aussies.

>tfw that still looks much better than any model I've ever painted

Feels good.

The real red pill is buying one of those from a Chinaman for 1/4 the price.

Then join the Imperial Guard and be part of the glorious WW2 in space master race.

top tier game desu senpai

Do they make fake Titans?

Who is Chinaman? I'll take an educated guess that it's the same shit illegally cast in some factory in China for a fraction of the price?

How would one go about purchasing such goods? I'm not a fan of the games workshop fuck you prices.

Rome Total War