CUPW (Canadian Union of Postal Workers) has issued a strike notice, the last strike was 27 days

>CUPW (Canadian Union of Postal Workers) has issued a strike notice, the last strike was 27 days
>there'll be no movement of mail during a strike
>they're striking because of pay equity

Let me break it down for you guys:

>urban workers who deliver 100s of pieces of mail a day make on average 30% more than rural workers who deliver 10s of pieces of mail a day
>mail deliverers who need to provide their own vehicle (most of the time) and are out in inclement weather make more than CSRs at post offices who sit and process mail all day

They're also trying to spin it as a gender issue:

>80%+ of PO CSRs are female, 40% of mail deliverers are female
>"why do men make more than women? It's 2016!" when more men take the more lucrative position

Unions were a fucking mistake. Can you Americans imagine if USPS just stopped everything for a month?

Other urls found in this thread:

cbc.ca/news/canada/kitchener-waterloo/canada-post-strike-fenigo-local-business-1.3730886
metronews.ca/news/ottawa/2013/04/02/hard-work-no-breaks-pushes-oc-transpo-drivers-pay-past-100k-says-union-boss.html
poopsenders.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Can you Americans imagine if USPS just stopped everything for a month?
I really wish it would

it loses tens of billions of taxpayer dollars a year because physical mail is practically obsolete except for parcels.

Don't you have bourgeois cock to suck? These workers are showing the world how much everything depends on labor.

probably wont be as bad as the time the bus drivers in ottawa went on strike for 7 weeks of winter time

>wahh why are people who have to work for a living demanding better conditions
>why can't they all be neo monarchist NEETs like me
>why don't the rich just enslave us all already and force us to fight to death for table scraps of caviar already
why is Sup Forums full of bootlickers

This Canada Post strike could kill smaller businesses (like my own) who rely on cost efficient modes of shipping. Other couriers like UPS, Fedex, etc can cost up to four times the price of Canada Post and offer no benefits (in fact, many of them are that much more expensive and (((slower))) than Canada Post).

Postal workers have too much fucking power.

Why aren't you saying that people who set their wages have too much power?

I fucking hate this shit. Do they actually believe this counts as "THE FEMALE WAGE GAP", because I saw this one the news once and they mentioned it.

USPS employs 500,000 people, it's pretty easy to get a job there and they make 16$ starting. Sharing the info here to increase white people working at the post office

Extra incentive to privatize if somebody offers a good price. Mind you Canadas postal system is ripe for monopolistic abuse.

sounds like your kike government needs to pay up is what it sounds like.

That's a lot more than Canada Post who news outlets suggest employs around 52,000 people.

It's the third largest employer in the US behind Walmart and the DOD I think

>relying on the government and/or having no alternatives

As easy as they can give it, they can take it away. Do not be at the mercy of others. Do not have a single point of failure.

I don't really blame the postal workers for striking though. I mean why not go for more gibs?

What alternatives can a small business which mails 100% of its product have?

It's just a reality of Canada that Canada post offers by far the cheapest shipping for business. The most successful businesses in Canada get around this by making their own supply chain in Canada, but when you look at Canadas population and density, only so many businesses can pull this off.

How much projecting do you do on a daily basis?

Fuck your commitment to your job and the act of giving people their property, right?

The only people that use the USPS are large businesses. 90% of packages are sent via FedEx or UPS. Snail mail is dead and the vast majority of shit sent that way are bills and credit card advertisements.

Strikes don't work in service economies.

It makes sense in an industrial economy, because when you strike you aren't fucking over anyone other than the rich.

In a service economy, you are mostly just fucking over other poor people - this then turns the public against your strike, and the strike fails.

A better idea would be to flip the strike on its head, so that you provide services for free at the expense of your employer. That way, you get the public on your side because you are giving them free shit - and you return to the ideal of fucking over the rich and no one else.

Imagine if postage workers just gave away all their stamps for free and refused to deliver junk mail, instead of refusing to work? People would love it when the workers go on strike, instead of bitching about how inconvenient it is.

fuck your petty-bourgeois shit.
your small businesses add almost nothing to our economy and make the owners rich off the backs of people like canada post workers.

support them getting a fair share

this is a fine idea, labour has to get much more creative, our unions were beat by the owners so fucking well in the 80s and 90s

these fucking greedy unions man
>tfw i got charged 50$ more this session because of that useless student union

>>urban workers who deliver 100s of pieces of mail a day make on average 30% more than rural workers who deliver 10s of pieces of mail a day

Is that a relevant comparison? Do the urban posties work more or do the rural ones have to do a lot more travelling to deliver those 10 letters?

The urban ones give a better yield than the rural ones, yes.

>leaf
>lets not raise the minimum wage the market will choose the price
A 100% valid point
>also leaf
>people striking for higher wages are entitled plebs who should be happy with what they have

What? Use critical thinking instead of just regurgitating what everyone else said like a hivemind, crackhead.

Did you ever think that when someone "regurgitates" something it's usually because they agree with the point?

This is a company who tells us we're going to be phased out of our OWN mainboxes in a few years and we're supposed to feel sorry for the fact there's more 1s and 0s going around than paper?

Welcome to reality CUPW, sucks doesn't it?

>your small businesses add almost nothing to our economy

hey buddy leftypol is three blocks down

Edgy

>Unions were a fucking mistake
For once a leaf is right.

Yeah, we'd be completely fine because DHL, onTrac, FedEx, and UPS already exist and infinitely surpass USPS in terms of quality and speed, while only being marginally more expensive.

The free market has saved us from ever worrying about this. It's a shame you haven't allowed the same.

I use FEDEX almost exclusively, because NO UNIONS. I don't care if it costs the same, I just hate unions that much.

No alternatives you can think of ?

We all know unions are a shitty.

Canada Post is the cheapest postal service in Canada though. It's good for the common folk, but bad for business if they rely too much on it.

In Canada, sending an empty envelope with tracking to my neighbor would cost about these:

>Canada Post = $8
>UPS = $37
>Fedex = $19
>DHL = $45

Mailing shit in Canada is god damn expensive, but Canada Post is still the most cost efficient by a mile.

Yeah, up my shipping costs to reflect the higher priced courier services and lose customers in the process.

>In Canada, sending an empty envelope with tracking to my neighbor would cost about these:

You sell envelopes?

Why don't you just walk over and hand it to him, you syrup sweating fuck?

Also rural workers, drive their car the whole drive up to the mailbox on the highway shoulder. Then if it's a cottage road, they just stop at the super mailboxes at the highway.

Urban walk, and walk, and walk, and walk.

"LOL they deserved to be payed the same"

>pay equity

wtf... like equity with all the other crown postal monopolies in Canada.

Fuck these guys. Let's change the legislation so that FedEx et al are allowed to charge less, and
actually compete.

Some are switching to courier based that will only amount to a 15cent shipping increase.

Well, you're not alone. This could be the first stone against Trudeau if it effects businesses badly and he doesn't get it cleared up.

cbc.ca/news/canada/kitchener-waterloo/canada-post-strike-fenigo-local-business-1.3730886

good luck anyways.

Fuck the OC Transpo.

>Canada Post is the cheapest postal service in Canada though

They're the cheapest because the private couriers are required by law to charge more.
Do you really think that such a garbage service like CP would survive if there were real
competition?

mail carriers shouldn't get a raise they make $32/hr after three years most are 20+ year veterans making $90k+ a year. delivering mail.

it's owned by the government but is required to be self sufficient by law. great service really but the workers are super overpaid just like every other fucking government worker in this country.

Not true it's the established monopoly that gives CP the edge.

Don't know why you think it's garbage.
It's cheap and I've had worse shipping delays with American private companies.

>there'll be no movement of mail during a strike
Time for online bill pay, canceling those stupid magazines you don't read and that's about it.

Who the fuck needs a mail system nowadays? I get about 5 important documents a year, tops that I need a mail man for.

reminder that some of those bus drivers make over 100k/year

metronews.ca/news/ottawa/2013/04/02/hard-work-no-breaks-pushes-oc-transpo-drivers-pay-past-100k-says-union-boss.html

>80%+ of PO CSRs are female, 40% of mail deliverers are female
Because women don't want to walk all day in the sun or snow? Women generally avoid actual work. That's why offices are filled with women with giant asses.

The most sensible post in this thread

>These workers are showing the world how much everything depends on labor.
They really don't. The vast majority of shit post offices deliver is garbage no one wants, no one needs and no one asked for.

Mail men move junk mail around. It goes from the advertiser, to the recipient and then the fucking trash.

I hate the mail system. It's obsolete and all it does it make fucking landfill waste.
Fuck off. Post systems are feeling the pressure from their industry dying. They can either adapt or kick and scream until no one needs them.

Cuckservative detected.

>Muh privatize everything.

If you don't count pre-funding retirements for employees that haven't even been born yet, the USPS turns a profit.

And they deliver more shit than UPS and FX combined, do it faster, and do it cheaper.

The USPS is responsible for 8.6% of the US GDP. Get a grip.

We get it, your carrier is a bluegum and because of that one person, the entire organization sucks.

I actually didn't know CP was a crown corporation. Why doesn't Trudeau step in and forbid a strike if the government has some control of the company? Harper did it, he legislated that a strike couldn't happen.

I literally only use USPS unless I'm sending something that needs insurance

First class mail up to 1 pound is $3.60. UPS and FedEx start at like $12. Letters are 47 cents and I send ptoducts for my business like that constantly

Nigger almost everyone uses USPS because it's cheap as shit. Ever buy anything off of ebay or amazon? It's usually USPS.

Is it hard to get a job there? Do you need to know French?

>government delivering letter mail in 2016
>somehow not seen by pol as a blatant tax-money extortion scheme

Kill yourselves please.

found the postal worker

raise your prices asshole.

sounds like you're only profitable because the taxpayer subsidizes you through a money-losing enterprise.

He'll go nuts and murder his family one day, anyway. Fuck him

Unions are fucking stupid. Originally It generally boils down to this
>Union workers are poor
>Union workers want more money
>They demand more pay from the Government
>Government doesn't comply
>They strike, usually when their services are crucial, such as healthcare or education
>People get affected and the problems mount
>If Government refuses, everything goes back to normal
>If Government begrudgingly accepts, the wage goes up
>The economy adjusts and inflation goes up
>Union workers are still poor
>repeat
Here, the Teacher Unions and the NHS have strikes every fucking year, and every single time people suffer for it, until ultimately nothing comes out of it anyway. Workers Rights aren't on their agenda anymore, and thus the existence of unions are meaningless. Unions should be banned.

I don't really like my postal worker anyways. My diploma had 'do not bend' written all over it and what does she do? Bends it and stuffs it in the mailbox. I'll be glad they are out of work for a while. The mail is pointless anyways. I tried to go all paperless bills but they actually charge you money to not have your credit card bill mailed to you every few weeks so fuck that I"m not paying to NOT get something.

shit, I won't get my phone bill or the flyers.

The horror.

Right. Unions are just a microcosm of the collectivist mindset that pervades and corrupts the western world.

It's always someone else's fault that they don't earn enough money, it never has anything to do with the fact that they literally deliver fucking pieces of paper with words on them in the age of smartphones and satellites.

I want to get some raw meat or something mailed to me so while they are on their little strike the meat just sits in their office and when they get back to work it just reeks like spoiled meat. More devilish ideas like this please.

The most satisfying out come of this would be if nobody is affected at all by their strike. We have private courier companies etc that can easily take up the work. It will be so funny to see them sitting at home waiting for the world to fall apart without them and literally nothing happens.

The post is a dying business, same with newspapers. If they are really going on strike because of the "but men make more" shit that is pathetic.

I used to work for my cities newspaper, and in January they laid off the entire floor I worked on.

Postal workers have no reason to complain about wage, it's better then being unemployed.

hopefully there's a canadian version of poopsenders.com/

fucking shit negroes I just ordered some shit a few days ago and I was going to order more shit fucking shit