Br2049 international trailer

explosions? Karate kicks? In MY Blade Runner???
youtube.com/watch?v=tRcZ6yc1IMI&time_continue=99

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9izyQ7zdE2Y?t=183
youtube.com/watch?v=haXvp8M9Cog&t=34s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

harrison ford looks sleepy

he needs the cash for all the airplane-crash-wreckages.

Looks watchable.

That puts it ahead of 90% of the movies coming out this year.

I'm expecting a 6/10, so it'll probably end up in this year's top 10.

they just shouldn't have castet Ford again, he completely ruins it with his mere presence

It's a trailer that's done by an entirely different company, they have to market it that way so people go see it. Same like the trailer for Dunkirk has like 50% of the dialogue of the whole movie in it.
Pretty convinced that normie casuals will go see it and make the usual "boring" and "nothing happens" comments.

>castet

>watch the first few trailers that come out
>original assumption is Ryan Gosling is tasked by his corporation to take out Ford, a rogue replicant
>shit goes sideways and now Gosling has to team up with Ford to take out the corporation that sent him because idk, corporate reasons I guess
>watch the international trailer
>lol nope it's just a rogue organization that you have to eliminate so you enlist the aid of Ford because they got numbers and you need experienced allies
Say what you will, but I prefer my original assumption. Regardless of how the story plays out however Ford dies in the end.

they gonna make some sort of stupid connection to the alien-franchise, aren't they?

How the hell is Ford supposed to play a replicant Deckard in 2017 if replicants can't live beyond 4 years?

Idk. Ridley Scott said Ford was a replicant. Ford's probably some special replicant that can live much longer.

If you ask me it's dumb.

None of those broads have long luxurious hair
Also why is it an "action packet" fight movie, it's supposed to be sci-fi

Replicants don't age, Deckard can't be a replicant

Tell that to Ridley when you see him.

ana de armas is too fucking distracting

Why does he look old then?

Once again I don't know. The author of the book that Blade Runner is based off of stated that he created Deckard as a human character, but the movie is a loose adaption from the book, so anything Scott says goes.

Actually has Batista fighting Deckard Jr. in a martial arts choreographed fight scene.

Don't get me wrong it's has to have some excitement but sci-fi is still based on reality, scientific theories, meaning grounded in the plausibility of things. Throwing kung-fu fantasy into the mix ruins the whole vibe, it gives it an action/adventure popcorn feel more than an alternate future ambiance. If they're going to fight make it believable

it's happening again, WHY IS IT HAPPENING AGAIN!?

thanks for reminding me how much of a good album that is

Cyber punk is officially dead,
If this movie didn't bring it back (no sign of it in the trailer), no other movie can

Wish they would do something original instead of just sequels we never asked for. On another note Dredd TV series soon.

Cyberpunk has already become popular again.

although it's gonna disappoint the fuck out of me this will be the only movie i actually watch in cinemas this year

>ryan gosling

all interest gone

.. sure

gosh l love total recall

And if 2049 replicant Deckard is a freshly minted replicant?

It's the girl replicant throwing around the roundhouse kicks. Because you know, producers and/or test audience saw fatjew in GitS and said it should have more of that. The Batista/Gosling fight is a wrestler pushing the protag thru a wall. That fight's esthetic will probably be closer to Kevin Nash/Punisher hallway fight but quicker and without the camp.

youtu.be/9izyQ7zdE2Y?t=183

Batista fighting Gosling is a selling point for me brah

First trailer that's actually sold me. Still looks a little too blockbustery.

Looks great.
Before everyone goes on about "too much action!!1!", remember that this is a trailer trying to bring in normies.
Remember the trailer for Arrival that made it look like an action thriller by using dramatic music and the explosion scene?
Calm your tits guys

Forget it. Next anime will argue there shouldnot be any action at all in a blade runner movie. Because the first one was literally perfect.

blade runner is in fact perfect however no-one should have try to redo it the old way. It flopped back then and would today

I hope none of them are right and instead we'll have a fourth one...
Or perhaps I'm being dellusional? The movie is probably gonna be shit right?

It all looks that instead of BladeRunner 2049 being a movie that questions a deeper philosophy about replicants and true conscience it will likely be a action packed boring flick.

is this another pg13 remake?
sick of this shit

Looks better than the original. Can't wait.

>that many white people on 2049

Howling

"I think Blade Runner can be as big of a franchise as Star Wars"
-Ridley Scott

pg-17 and not a remake

nigger

Please....be good

Calling bullshit. Source?

She's literally a sexbot

Its officially rated R for violence and sexuality

What is Joi?

Jerk off instruction

The name of the replicant girl for sale. Gosling seems to keep one as his companion.

solo movie when

SOLO MOVIE WHEN

Everything you want to hear.

hanz zimmers fucked the music up, preffered the music in the original trailers before this shit

yea why did they bring him last second again? why not just get Vangelis?

>Ford: "I blade"
>Gosling: "...I run"
>Both: "Together we are Blade Runner 2049"
really?

what does "bladerunner" actually mean it never made sense to me

Because it needs to be a standalone original soundtrack that only compliments the original, not just Vangelis trying to sound like old Vangelis.
It would end up like John Williams doing the TFA score, completely forgettable.

Also Vangelis is pretty fucking old now and didn't make anything relevant in a decade or two.

Something dangerous, on a knife edge.

Yea but then why HAnz Zimmer? I have no faith in what he will bring to this. I like the weird electro synth thng they had going on in the first teaser trailer, but since then they've disregarded it and it started to sound shitty and generic ochestra crap

just check the awesome distirted sound design of this
youtube.com/watch?v=haXvp8M9Cog&t=34s

You are aware that the music in trailers these days are basically never in the actual film? And if they are they are almost entirely different because they have to be cut and edited in a certain way for the trailer to work.
Dunkirk is a more recent example.

Pretty sure Hans Zimmer didn't do jackshit with sound, he just came in and worked with arrangements and composition because Johannsson is more of an ambient "one note" composer. Like the Rick Rubin of film industry.
Don't worry the score will most definitely not sound "classical"

great so we're gonna get the generic hanz zimmer getting louder and louder with no actual theme or melodies, fuck this shit and fuck that gay nazi piece of shit too

No, that's Hans Zimmer only when he's working with Nolan because Nolan likes the use of the Shepard Tone and tension building in general, also time (the tick tock in almost every soundtrack with Nolan).
None of the other Zimmer soundtracks are arranged and composed that way.

jesus take that fat german cock out of your anus he's not even that great a music director only reason he got big was because he did a couple of big nolan films that everyone bandwagoned revered for the sake of of nothing, generally he is fucking shit, none of his scores have great music or melodies and that, is a fucking fact

>none of his scores have great music or melodies and that
What a sentence wow, yeah user I'm sure you know what you are talking about.

Calm down, he came in way late in the post production process and not just him but Wallfisch also, probably because a few scenes didn't work out as they wanted in the editing room so they came in to rearrange a few already made tracks or so. If you didn't read it in a news headline you probably wouldn't even notice it in the final soundtrack.

mate i do know what im talking about probably one of my favourite scores of his is Broken Arrow because it has some great melodies after that it starts to go downhill

Why bring him in at any point? Let Johanson finish it

>Karate kicks
the judo chops in the original get a pass?

Yeah, they did exactly the same thing with the original 80's trailers, Blade Runner had a fuckton of re-releases, i'm gonna wait on the director's cut on this one to give it a final verdict.

wtf, i though Johann Johannsson was doing the music, why did they get Zimmer too?

Because as I said, Johannsson is more of an ambient "one note" composer and while he can certainly provide the right soundscapes and feeling to it, there has to be a certain kind of arrangement and composition in the tracks for it to compliment the original Vangelis score.

It's from a different novel by the same writer, they used it 'cause it sounded better, no other reason, no special meaning.

am i the only one who has seen tons of sci-fi films but has never seen blade runner?

No I imagine there are plenty of others like you.

WEW, what a shitty set.
Nothing screams blade runner like a grey wall.

Featureless grey walls in a flat light.
Why did Villeneuve allowed this?
Is Deakins finished?

Watch it.