LOTR

I have never watched any of these films. Convince me to do so.

do it

Dont watch it. Movie about walking and throwing a ring into volcano

Shit man, fair nuff

Watch it if you want to watch a decent action movie and didn't read/liked the books.

I just want something with high production levels and a great plot with interesting characters. From what I have gathered this is what I am looking for, I just need to be willing to invest the time.

The CGI didn't age well, but it's a pretty comfy series.

That's exactly what you're getting.

You will enjoy them

Shit movies, don't watch.

This right here is why I come to Sup Forums. Fuckin epic.

>makes LOTR post on Sup Forums
>I have never watched any of these films

i don't believe you
you clearly want to lure us into a comfy LOTR thread

so, do you guys prefer goofy film Gimli or (half)serious book Gimli?

>Fuckin epic

wow, that's sad man.
go outside, travel, experience actual epic stuff

did you see the solar eclipse?

Yes I saw the solar eclipse. Was hella dope. By definition, however, that comment thread was fuckin epic. I've been around Sup Forums to know.

i enjoyed film Gimli, but he was a little bit too goofy at times. Would have been perfect with a toned down version.

I prefer the book one, but there he doesn't get too much "screen time"

Don't do it

>20 year old films

So you weren't around in the early 2000s when these movies came out. Watching them now will only leave you in disappointment. They are technically "good" movies, but do they hold up? No. I'm only able to view LoTR from an outside point of view because I watched it with my girlfriend and she was pointing out how nothing made sense and it started to wear on me and I started to realize how bad these flicks really are when you put any shred of thought into them.

GoT is better. Better acting, better characters, edgier, gorier, scary, better practical effects, and dragons. Just watch GoT and you will be fine.

It aged better than The Hobbit.

If you are looking for this, there isn't really anything better in the genre.

@86727073
You're going to have to work harder than that for a (You) my man

>GoT is better

Probably my favorite trilogy of all time.
Imagine my excitement hearing about the Hobbit movies coming out.
Fuck they were boring as hell. I legit dont remember a single thing from the first and second hobbit movies. What happend?

The Balrog was the worst part of the movies
It sucked out all the interesting and actually spooky elements of a balrog in favour of making it an oversized warhammer demon

this but I didn't even bother watching the third

Maybe, but we never seen a big warhammer demon on screen before LotR released. It looked great.

Sup Forums hated everything
Sup Forums never agrees on anything

The GoT of it's generation, juvenile trash, avoid at all costs.

Best fantasy movies ever made- what more needs to be said? Just watch the first one and hopefully become hooked. Make sure you are nice and /comfy/ first

>Sup Forums never agrees on anything
that's not true

didn't even go see the second and third Hobbit movies and still haven't. Rabbit sled was enough for me.

not op.

I haven't seen any LOTR movies either. I hate fantasy bullshit so much that even star wars and star trek series look like bullshit fantasy movies instead of sci-fi.

I dont think so but would I still enjoy LOTR?

liv tyler's gigantic face covers middle earth in Shadow.

>muh REALISM
you sound boring

its fun

>another user finally agrees Liv is not fucking attractive
About god damn time

>DUDE DWARF-TOSSING LMAO
The films were a mistake

The LOTR universe is so well made that it actually feels like a set of historical movies. But if you seriously can't deal with fantasy elements then you probably won't like it, it is quintessential fantasy, after all.

underage

I enjoy some horror movies and sometimes watch unrealistic brainless action movies but I can't stand fantasy bullshit and capeshit movies.

they're good but if I had never watched them I would have wanted to read the books first and develop my own image of the world and characters securely before going on to the movies. I really like older illustrations of the series, the goofy 70's/80's ones, and the more modernist earlier ones and would want to see a world like that in my head. The movies give off a kind of action figure impression of the arms and armor

Think of it more like mythology than fantasy
Unless you hate mythology too, then it just won't be for you

i think there isn't a single person on Sup Forums who wouldn't die to fuck Galadriel

Cate Blanchett>>>>>>Liv Tyler

>I just want something with high production levels

LOTR was such an amazing production, even if someone isn't too keen on the films they have to admit this. The behind the scenes documentary on the production of the films (they were all shot at once) is pretty incredible, there was a very small and talented effects crew

I wouldn't

I mean, I'd think she was good looking if I saw her at a flea market or a monster truck rally or something like that.

I would be too afraid. I'd just sniff a couple strands of her hair like gimli

>reminder that the competition between Gimli and Legolas during the battle of the Hornbug/Helm's Deep is in the books
>Legolas can walk on snow in the books

I can't think of other things that people that people blame or would blame Jackson for but I know there's plenty

she was pretty uninteresting looking. Most of the elves were a little bit wonky in my opinion, I'd say my least favorite designs

Even my parents and grandparents could get into LotR, and none of them are excited about the concept of knights, dragons, wizards etc.

They are really good movies on their own, that are also pretty accessible, so nearly everyone love them. However if you are really allergic to those elements, LotR may not be your thing.

Tfw just reawatched fellowship yesterday and gonna watch two towers later today

The movies are garbage. Read the books.

Someone busy like you surely has better things to do.
I hope you will be able to keep shitposting while watching at 2.5x speed

Tried rewatching Fellowship a short while ago. Movies haven't really aged well and Hackson's sub par direction overshadows any merits and wonder that surrounded it when it first came out.

If I did not watch them I would be the same as I am no