Death Note getting panned by critics

What went wrong?

Is this the end of shitty Western adaptations of Japanese source material?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QQ0dAhBAcAY
youtube.com/watch?v=5OfVHRpGrRc
youtu.be/QQ0dAhBAcAY?t=4m15s
youtu.be/1_b2FDzG9Y8?t=2m17s
imdb.com/title/tt1018820/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

None of the characters look or act like their anime counterparts. They just share the same names.

Anime is dead.

Grace likes it

Hopefully

>anigay

but is anyone other than Sup Forumsedditors who beg for these to be made surprised?

whats the point of making the exact same thing just live action. clearly you are too stupid to understand that already exists and that its pointless

what's the point in completely changing everything so much that it goes against the concept of what it's adapting? and not for the better

press S to spit on its grave

Changing the characters appearance doesnt go against the concept of what its adapting. You dont know anything else besides that because it isnt out yet

Don't adapt is then, Satan

The trailer gave away enough that is is pure ARSE, fuck off Netflix shill

I'm just saying a good adaptation isnt just a superficial translation of one medium to another. Especially since death note already has live action movies like that. People have been adapting shakespeare into dozens of movies, radio dramas, plays obviously, novelizations, because the director or creator or whatever changes it in ways to make the adaptation unique. a robot could do the job most plebs think the point of an adaptation is

lol it has nothing to do with appearance you retard. they literally changed the three main characters into things that they are not. Light is now a dumb edgy teenager who just happened to get the book. his girlfriend is now an edgy cheerleader who acts like a bitch and smokes. L is now an activist who acts like a clown.

anime is just not meant to be adapted. it does not translate well.

>What went wrong?
They made a 2 hours movie about a 6/10 tier 48 episodes anime shoehorning action, shit casting and netflix

im sorry i didnt mean to call you a retard, i feel bad.

The characters don't share any of the same character traits either. You would know that if you even bothered to watch the trailer.

Because Japan did a good live action version

Death note doesnt have a concept. It has no theme or deeper level of thought put into it, you can read about how the author admits this on wikipedia. What you consider the "concept" of death note is just your plebbit brain trying to discern depth when it doesnt exist. Anyways my point is just this

Congress should pass a law making it illegal for Hollywood to make live-action adaptations of anime and vidyas.

Why is it good? because its exactly the same? thats just retarded. you plebs are too retarded to understand what a good adaptation is. it should never be the same. the japanese death note movies are just absolutely pure cash grabs very similar to the 20th century boys movies

African L for one. Negro L in death note, like seriously, why did they think it was a good idea to go full chocoLate with the character? Monkey L has no place in this series, nor ever will. Sick of these bLacks ruining franchises.

>Is this the end of shitty Western adaptations of Japanese source material?

Lmao

>:2/5)!853 2-: /£85
02-;-'5 697 ,"2-4@7 ,@2-4@7 £/?3 !9 5-:63

all the reviews complain about is the "whitewashing" so the movie is probably good

the liberal film media is a joke

which review

Anime is shit to begin with and it baffles me why Hollywood would adapt foreign crap instead of doing Western stories instead.

Speaking of black L, did anyone see this cringy interview with the guy? Seriously hilarious

youtube.com/watch?v=QQ0dAhBAcAY

Whats wrong with this guy?
youtube.com/watch?v=5OfVHRpGrRc

>wearing a net
what the fuck ? that doesn't cover his black face, stupid boy lol

Do they complain about the shitwashing of L?

AYO
youtu.be/QQ0dAhBAcAY?t=4m15s

ironically no. same reviews who complain about whitewashing say the black guy playing L is a highlight of the movie

HMMM WHAT COULD THE JEW CRITICS POSSIBLY MEAN BY THIS

hmm

>premise relies on a smart nigger

wow

>what's the point in completely changing everything so much that it goes against the concept of what it's adaption
Because sometimes the original concept has interesting idea, but is in general shit.

>that failed high five
rofl

anime is fucking trash so this will be objectively better because it's a film and not a degenerate cartoon

What's with all these inserted political views in movie reviews these days?

jesus if it had been made any later that could have very well been in the script
youtu.be/1_b2FDzG9Y8?t=2m17s

Weebs don't like stuff being westernized.

US already ripped it off in 2007, it didn't need to do it again
imdb.com/title/tt1018820/

>margaret qualley
HNNNGGGGG

Virtue signalling

>Light is supposed to be this extremely good looking young prodigy with genius level intellect.

>this is what they casted

kek

>they pitched it to netflix as a series
should have been a series

We can only hope

Anime and video game live action adaptations are pure cancer

The only confusing part is why the original shit isn't being panned across the board as well, even when disregarding weebs.

Netflix is a fucking joke at this point

Clearly they're not going for the same type of character Light was in the manga, anime or even Japanese films. He seems to be more like the Japanese live action tv series Light, who was pretty pathetic and dumb at the start.

>a love story in fucking Death Note
How do you miss the point so hard? How?

also
>he inmediately starts speaking about the note with other people
fuck sake, Japanese L would catch this idiot on two days top

>weebshit is shit

Colour me shocked.

>they missed their chance for a perfect Light by about 10 years

>ISIS leaders

Shit I mean the movie probably has some line about how just killing an ISIS leader wouldn't do any good. But wouldn't the Death Note be like the ideal method of targeting terrorist leaders? If you can get a substantial list of names, you could get something accomplished. Confirmed kills of even the most elusive members of the organization, with zero collateral damage so no innocent deaths can be used for propaganda purposes. That's the closest I can think of to a method for efficiently dismantling a terrorist organization. A Death Note adaptation about Light waging a secret war on ISIS would be inherently retarded, but there's absolutely no justifiable reason for him not to do so.

>Gets the power to murder anyone
>Confirms the power himself
>First thing he does is tell some hot girl for the chance for some pussy
Holy shit

>How do you miss the point so hard? How?
Because nip Misa would be regarded as sexist and we can't have that in the current year

Can I piss on it's grave? (my fellow ebonic gentleman behave)

This
>chad manipulates ditzy girl and uses her the entire series
Let's see how that fares. Although considering this shit had like 28% on rotten tomatoes they should've just kept to the source material

>kill the president
>let muslim terrorists live
>this is "virtue signalling" to lefties

>What went wrong?
You know what went wrong
Other than the usually western adaptation bullshit that ensures that any adaptation of manga will be shit
>Take character that millions of fujoshit get wet at ( this is pretty much your target audience )
>Make the character black
>Fujoshit no longer care because they aren't going to schlick to some nigger who is the opposite of the bishounen they were salivating over.

Western media literally cannot comprehend what makes anime/manga popular so they butcher it in the adaptations every single time.

You're seriously confused at a good anime not being panned? Are you this retarded good sir?

tbqh I would have rather have the original series end with Misa backstabbing Light for using her rather than him losing to L's slightly more autistic clone.

Remember when we waited until the film was out before we judged it? No? Oh, sorry, I must be in the brainlet general.

Like how would it affect ISIS as an organization and ideological entity if you had all of its major leaders and members suddenly start committing suicide? That would both decapitate the organization and totally deflate its ideological strength. You can make someone commit suicide with the Death Note, right?

>Is this the end of shitty Western adaptations of Japanese source material
as much as I hope it is, no

original Lighto-kun is a psychopath

amerilard Light is a "psycho"

I assume this what is happening here
>You can make someone commit suicide with the Death Note, right?
yeah you can make them do pretty much anything within reason, if what is written isn't physically possible then they just die from a heart attack.

Death Note was already pretty retarded from the beginning tbqh.

I can only imagine how much worse a western adaptation of it would be.

Only huge retarded plebs who shouldn't be watching movies believe that the jap live action films were good, seriously, just spend your days watching anime or playing anime dating simulators and stay the fuck away from films
I'm not defending this particular Death Note movie, i'm just saying

Fuck he's also making Godzilla vs. King Kong.

But Light is supposed to be evil. Why an evil person isn't allowed to do evil things? I don't get it.

L is a nigger, it's not DN

>Light can make an ISIS leader die in any way possible, including a way that would deny him martyrdom (again, suicide, massive hernia, etc)
>He just kills him the same way a military drone strike would kill him

jfc

and the I saw the devil burger remake

hot garbage

Don't bother. Most of these faggots think Death Note is a 10/10 mastapeece and they refuse to accept it's entry level at best.

Can I piss on it's grave? (my fellow ebonic gentleman behave)

Just give the Kong vs Godzilla to the guy who directed Kong Skull Island, seriously, even if he's a retarded manchild Kong was good because it was cheesy and stupid as fuck, what are you gonna do with a Godzilla vs Kong movie?

what's the point in remaking something but only shittier ?

He isn't really evil, just manipulative, conceited and full of himself.

>ISIS leaders (of course)

Please, please tell me she's not even implying it's somehow wrong to kill ISIS leaders.

You know, those guys who force little children to kill people they kidnap, then post it on the internet.

Same

>Misa isn't even blond
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

What bizarro Sup Forums do you visit

I'm actually more excited to watch this now that it's shaping up to be a "Last Airbender" level trainwreck

>gets into it after reading the script
fking normie shits
the nigger was the only good thing in this interview

Is this the original amazing content Netflix are putting so much money into?

CAST IT

Killing terrorist leaders won't improve the world, goy. ISIS is only a symptom of white male patriarchy.

Has there ever been a single good "Netflix original"

The first season of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt was pretty fun.

Go back in time like 15 years, cast Keanu Reeves, Marisa Tomei, Russell Crowe, some unknown young actress, a dog

How about we kill all left leaders ?
It turned out great for Germany.

Beasts of No Nation, Stranger Things

>Some American company wants to adapt an anime or manga
>They always change almost everything about it, from the character designs, the characters' motivations and personalities, to even making large alterations of the plot and themes of that anime/manga
>Wonder why the original fan base doesn't like it, and why non-anime fans would even enjoy it if it has been Westernized to being generic as possible
Why the hell do they keep doing this? Do they honestly think they know what's popular and appealing for the audiences when they decide to adapt a franchise that was popular before they even knew about it? What's the point of even getting the rights if it's just going to be unrecognizable?

Do Western corporations believe people want to see their mistaken interpretation of an established franchise, attempting to be as unfaithful to the original as possible? They should just make OC content inspired by that work instead of claiming it's a faithful adaptation of the anime or manga.

>anime adaption

Shit was dead on arrival