youtube.com/watch?v=ip9PgKmil0s
pypaik.wordpress.com/2009/05/25/12/
youtube.com/watch?v=pJH8hO7VlWE
youtube.com/watch?v=lLKMunu4Ywk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

sixth sense

brazil

The Thing

Also, what movie is this? I honestly need to know.

Memories of Murder, it's really good.

memories of murder

Couldn't have ended better desu

recollections of a killing

Thanks for not being faggots anons

this

Remove the "a"
While it's "Murder" singular in the title, it's not about the memories of a single murder but multiple.

we arent on Sup Forums here

DON'T STOP-

>liking korean knockoff zodiac

shit taste

ok einstein

I'm just saying your ruse posting needs work homo.

The Graduate

Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown. I actually turned the film off right there and then

Possession
No Country for Old Men
La Grande Belleza

>Bellezza*

>Before Sunset
youtube.com/watch?v=ip9PgKmil0s

There's nothing special going on but the timing is just perfect.

The greatest ending of all time

best fake blacked out ending was right after sam cries and tells frodo he would have married rosie

>implying I am able to recognize an asian face

oldboy

It was released before zodiac

Only true kino Lord's will know this one

Who is that actor? Jackie Chan?

Holy Mountain

*snaps fingers

>32 posts l
>no mention of seventh seal

we're on Sup Forums not imdb

If you didn't see that twist coming you are retarded.

Obligatory

There Will Be Blood

Fail-Safe has one of the most haunting ending sequences ever put on film.

All three films of Chan-Wook Park's Vengeance trilogy.

What film?

Yes
No (should have finished the scene before just after incest guy an heroes)
Absolute not

almost all of Takeshi kitano films

Dirty Cop, Sonatine and Hana Bi are kino endings

>should have finished the scene before just after incest guy an heroes
Why though? Making Dae Su live with concealing Mido's identity was the true revenge. The film would be much weaker in its impact had Dae Su's attempt to do just that and erasing his memory is the safest way to do just that, as well as the one that makes his life bearable not been signified.

The last scene when she eats tofu with her daughter is literally the point of the film. That is, it signifies her atonement through love for her daughter.

What is that? Paris Texas? Great film, great ending.

Saw pic related several years ago on Halloween and I still think it's one of the best conclusions to a movie ever. To me, it was unexpected and kind of had this dreamy, magical feeling to it. One of the best vampire movies ever.

But I agree with OP; I think Memories of Murder's ending is incredible, despite how simple it is. Chilling is the best way I can describe it.

I found it confusing. Her tricking another young boy is clearly something horrific yet the tone didn't reflect that in my opinion.

God he's so perfect no homo

I appreciate the points your making but I think Mr Vengeance is the superior film because it shows how pointless revenge is. For me a perfect ending of Lady Vengeance would have been her to realise that killing that man hasn't made her feel any better. Lady vengeance felt, more than the other two, like a somewhat happy ending.

>but I think Mr Vengeance is the superior film
Hey, so do I. It's my favourite of the three.
>For me a perfect ending of Lady Vengeance would have been her to realise that killing that man hasn't made her feel any better. Lady vengeance felt, more than the other two, like a somewhat happy ending.
I very much liked the actual one, because it showed the possibility of her atonement. The way she grew through the relationship with her daughter is what saved her character for me. You have to remember that she had until that point only pretended and used the people around her, and initially showed a lack of care for her daughter (when she took her to Seoul). The way their relationship was handled was beautiful.

The Tree of Life (The Thin Red Line too desu)
The Master
Voices Through Time
Fire Walk With Me (And Wild at Heart and Inland Empire)

>no. it's for me

I still don't understand this ending, like he got possessed by the spirit of the doctor or something?

pypaik.wordpress.com/2009/05/25/12/

Read this user, it helps explain the ending and the backstory

;_;

>No Country for Old Men
As much as I love the rest of it, I feel like the book's ending didn't translate well. You don't know enough about Bell and his struggle to really make it meaningful, and I would have felt like it was a pretentious cop-out if I hadn't read the book first.

Paths of Glory

youtube.com/watch?v=pJH8hO7VlWE

Also in contention (and not yet mentioned):
>Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
>Calvary

You should watch it ASAP

That movie is good but it is honestly a fluke in the director's filmography. All of his other movies are really terrible.

Lady Vengeance is absolute shit.

reddit is over there somewhere

this
>when they all sing happy birthday at the end
douche chill

Deer Hunter breaks my heart every time

The Rover
Oldboy
La Haine

Nashville has the top ending for me. Gets all the characters in one location, has one big dramatic moment, and shows them all reacting to it. Pretty brilliant filmmaking by Altman.

>zodiac 2007 this movie 2003
is this back to the future?

I enjoyed this movie but were the goofy comedic bits just sort of a thing with Korean movies? I don't really watch many foreign films so my main complaint with MoM is that they felt out of place to me.

>I enjoyed this movie but were the goofy comedic bits just sort of a thing with Korean movies?
nope, Bong Joon Ho puts those in all of those movies because he has the sense of humor of a middle schooler. I implore you to stay away from the rest of his movies, particularly Mother. It's horrible.

my favorite ending of all movies

dogs>bitches

This man. This.

It's the sort of ending that slaps you in the face and gives you chills.

Even remembering it gives you chills.

I see. I'd probably really like a version of Memories of Murder with that stuff cut out.

kubrick did good grabbing her, she's qt

Brazil's ending sucked. When they zoom out I was expecting a drawn foot to come down and crush the house. Gilliam is a hack

If this was something kind of goofy like Time Bandits then yeah. (Though that ending is oddly grim too)

But it fits one of the main themes of the film so well. Hopeless escapism.
It makes us sort of doubt whether any of the actions of the film in hindsight were actually real at all or if all of it was just elaboration after elaboration.
And it goes full circle on the other theme, the cold ruthlessness of bureaucracy that forces such extreme escapism.

The film still feels relevant in 2017.

Don't know about you guy but jesus fuck, that ending scared the hell outta me

FUCKING THIS

Sonatine
Dark Star
The Maltese Falcon
Mean Streets
The Killing
the Conversation

Fucking great film right there.

Dude

Sympathy For Mr. Vengeance is so much better than the other two it's not even funny. It's too bad they didn't have the budget for the fade to black and white effect.

a bit gratuitous but still good
The Hole has an even better ending but I can't post screenshots of it

That ending is a real stunner

Great choice OP

Would also say that the American counterpart Zodiac has an amazing ending. Not only the scene with Jakey G in the tool shop but the follow up interview that maintains the ambiguity followed by the Donovan fadeout is amazing

Adventureland

such an underrated movie

I think the most touching parts are when Haven Hamilton grabs the microphone after the shooting and tells everyone to stay calm and how "they" aren't gonna take Nashville down like they did Dallas, and also when Scott Glenn slowly walks away after his idol was mortally wounded, knowing he didn't save her. Altman is an absolute genius at drawing humanity from actors.

1408 sucked balls like a 40 year old hooker.

Such a shit predicatable movie with a lame ass ending.

Absolutely.

Altman manages to elicit gigantic emotional reactions from the smallest of gestures. Those tiny moments you just mentioned are so devastating in their simplicity. I love his philosophy of being able to find all of the significance and poetry of existence in the smallest of gestures like that. So many of those are littered throughout Nashville. The moment when Lily Tomlin sits in the back of the bar listening to I'm Easy as the camera slowly zooms in on her is an all timer. Such an amazing movie.

The best scene in Zodiac is the basement scene by far, I barely remember the ending

Yesss the I'm Easy scene is top tier, and it becomes so devastating later when he's on the phone with that other girl as Lily Tomlin walks out like a wounded animal. Really glad I got the bluray for it I think it's really Altman's best film, and he's made some amazing ones (McCabe & Mrs. Miller is probably number 2, followed by MASH)

Mr. Vengeance is the absolute best, the ultimate.
Oldboy is good for a single viewing in high school.
Lady Vengeance is fucking shit.

Yeah I've got that Criterion blu of McCabe and also of Nashville. He's one of my favourite directors and I still haven't seen a bunch of movies I want to. I'm a massive fan of Short Cuts, The Long Goodbye, 3 Women, The Player, and Gosford Park. Like MASH a lot too.

All of his movies just make me feel such huge emotions. Really wonderful director.

>that foot long arm

Saving Mr.Wu
youtube.com/watch?v=lLKMunu4Ywk

All of those are very great and definitely essential Altman. I had almost forgotten The Player which I think rounds out the top 5 with The Long Goodbye. Both of those movies have incredible characters and singular, simple moments that really "blow the whole thing open" in terms of character and theme. Altman is definitely not perfect though, I think a lot of his movies are a little messy (Quintet and OC & Stiggs are both movies I would consider unwatchable) but I would definitely recommend California Split and Thieves Like Us. Those two are peak Altman with a lot of his veteran cast in each.

*Yeeeeee yeaaaaa maaaaaaaaaaaa meeee*