HOLY SHIT Sup Forums and /GOT/ LITERALLY BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

HOLY SHIT Sup Forums and /GOT/ LITERALLY BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

Other urls found in this thread:

boap.uib.no/index.php/ornis/article/download/700/691
io9.gizmodo.com/the-people-behind-game-of-thrones-admit-this-weeks-resc-1798304996
youtube.com/watch?v=y2R3FvS4xr4
theguardian.com/world/2006/dec/21/japan.topstories3
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2103339/Swedish-man-Peter-Skyllberg-survives-frozen-car-months-eating-handfuls-snow.html
abcnews.go.com/Health/frozen-man-revived-brink-death-found-snow-pulse/story?id=36380318
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3406926/Man-presumed-dead-frozen-solid-road-recovers-living-medical-miracle.html
youtube.com/watch?v=xnB9Y39KCFg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>the guy who made this image put more thought on this aspect of the episode then D&D ever did
Damn

Now explain all the other time inconsistencies of the show. For example, the ship sailing times.

So they were just sitting there for 3 days and so were the wights? That's even more retarded than the fast travel meme.
Also, this was clearly written by some autistic NEET who has never been outside before, a small lake can freeze overnight.

>-10 C
>Beyond the wall

Fuck your nigger show I have a big black cock.

yaaaaaas slaaaaay queeeen

>Raven flight speed 80km/h

it's never specified how long it takes to sail anywhere you autist

Are you suggesting that coconuts migrate?

Lol just turn your brain off bro lol

i dont really care whether or not its accurate/realistic.

the fact that weeks go by every episode fucks up the pacing and suspense. it stinks of bad writing and you can tell how theyre just trying to wrap it up asap.

BRAVO D&D

problem birdlet?

It's true.

ravens need sleep too yaknow

>Gendry able to run that distance in that time
On an empty stomach, in that cold, in that deep snow, in that heavy winter gear?

>dragons and dany able to fly non-stop for 28 hours

All would need sleep. Dragons would need a lot of food to fly that long and have the energy output for fire

>suicide squad surviving in that cold without food or shelter

The ice stuff has too many unknown variables.

Why did the ice even break in the first place?
It's always winter beyond the wall and thus the lake should be frozen til the ground(or at least nearly).
And then it fucking holds after if refroze?
Where does that -10°C come from?
Ravens cant fly 24/7 because they can't see in the night and they get tired, too
Same as dragons I suppose

/thread

It's just time skips autist
Did you seriously want them to show ships traveling for days?

I was laughing more at the absurdity that they researched that fact.

>running full speed for 5-8 hours straight
This kills the human

Nah, man. Gendry is a muscular blacksmith so of course he's a good runner xD!

t. can't run a half mile without collapsing
Loving Every Laugh

That's possibly how fast they can fly going flat-out when chasing over short distances, based on the ability of other, smaller corvidae.
Normal transport speed is said to be around 45kph

boap.uib.no/index.php/ornis/article/download/700/691
>transport flight speed for the Common Raven is 45 km/h. There are no data for maximum speed of Common Ravens, but other corvids with transport speeds at 45 km/h may attain level flight speeds at 72 (Rook Corvus frugilegus) and 80 km/h (Alpine Chough Pyrrhocorax graculus), respectively (Glutz von Blotzheim & Bauer 1993).

The director literally just admitted it isn't plausible. Check the front page of reddit.

are you fucking kidding? humans have insane endurance when compared to other animals. aboriginals can literally run deer and other prey to death by exhaustion.

>Raven flies 80km/h for 32 hours straight

"We were aware that timing was getting a little hazy. We’ve got Gendry running back, ravens flying a certain distance, dragons having to fly back a certain distance…In terms of the emotional experience, [Jon and company] sort of spent one dark night on the island in terms of storytelling moments. We tried to hedge it a little bit with the eternal twilight up there north of The Wall. I think there was some effort to fudge the timeline a little bit by not declaring exactly how long we were there. I think that worked for some people, for other people it didn’t. They seemed to be very concerned about how fast a raven can fly but there’s a thing called plausible impossibilities, which is what you try to achieve, rather than impossible plausibilities. So I think we were straining plausibility a little bit, but I hope the story’s momentum carries over some of that stuff."

Alan Taylor, a veteran Game of Thrones director who came back to do “Beyond the Wall"

io9.gizmodo.com/the-people-behind-game-of-thrones-admit-this-weeks-resc-1798304996

Agreed. People here are really on the spectrum and like to bitch and moan about everything. I'm not kidding either, I literally mean a lot of these guys are autistic and unable to enjoy anything.

So he just admits they don't have a fucking clue?

>time for ice to form

But what's the average flight speed of an unladen swallow?

over the course of days, Humans still rest.

Why does everyone keep fixating on just the time issue and not the other stupid shit in the episode, like the horrible fight scene with the bear and Benjen coming out of fucking nowhere as the clumsiest deus ex machina in human history.

You guys are more retarded than D&D

why is the lake not completely frozen

Why didn't they just break the ice with the huge hammer they had

Aboriginals aren't human though.

how would you know what the front page of reddit looks like faglord?

c'mon, Ravens are basically cell phones in the GOT universe...

What else were they supposed to do? They were waiting for dany to rescue them.

I know that reference and love the movie.
but still

The Lord of light unfroze it. Or maybe there is some thermal activity. Don't you have any creativity? Jeez.

What exactly is and isn't reddit has seriously started to confuse me.

3 days and the night king only uses his spear when dragons appears...

32h without eating and flying high speed

Damn, he is right, we can calculate the speed of the dragon by judging it from the dohraki charge and drogon flying above them.

really made me think, OP

It's this site defense organism to stop summerfriends from posting, and go back to lurking like they should

BUT MODS ARE GIVING WARNING IF YOU CALL OUT SOME LEDDIT FAGGOT. I BET MODS ALSO BROWSE IT.

youtube.com/watch?v=y2R3FvS4xr4

Well it isn't implausible to suggest that they were stuck for days, considering we did see night fall a couple of times. I frankly wouldn't have wanted to see the experience of them being on the rock longer than the the two days to appease superficial complaints that have no real bearing on the story.

Wights lower the temperature of everything around them to "unbearable levels" as described in the fucking prologue of "a game of thrones".

This means that it probably goes from -10 to -50.

Thats besides the point. The real question is:

HOW THE FUCK DID THEY SURVIVE SITTING AROUND FOR 4 DAYS WITHOUT A FIRE/FOOD/HATS?????

glad he admitted he was retarded and the episode was retarded on purpose

>this is the thing you're worrying about in a show with giant fire breathing chickens
Wow...

>HOW THE FUCK DID THEY SURVIVE SITTING AROUND FOR 4 DAYS WITHOUT A FIRE/FOOD/HATS?????

People have have literally survived worse in real life and this is a fantasy show.

>People have have literally survived worse in real life
Back to highschool bio class kiddo.

they all using blood magic offscreen

Chickens!

This lord of light is GRRM whilst the night king is D&D because he's two people

>theguardian.com/world/2006/dec/21/japan.topstories3

>dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2103339/Swedish-man-Peter-Skyllberg-survives-frozen-car-months-eating-handfuls-snow.html

>abcnews.go.com/Health/frozen-man-revived-brink-death-found-snow-pulse/story?id=36380318

>dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3406926/Man-presumed-dead-frozen-solid-road-recovers-living-medical-miracle.html

Did I mention this was a fantasy show?

Because they cost far too much to make those ice javelins
He has one for each dragon

Really? People have survived longer.

This. D&D are hacks.

>man presumed dead
He was presumed dead as most men die user

How retarded are you?

the lake was constructed by D&D for the exact purpose of letting wight team 6 sruvive. They literally say in the behind the scenes episode that they made it this way because this was the only way they could imagine the team surviving

>one

If you've been running all your life yes, but please try jog for half an hour at 12 km/h for the first time in years and tell us what happens.
Or even better start sprinting and record how much you last.

>1000 leagues from the wall to Dragonstone

1 league = three and a half miles

3500 miles from the wall to Dragonstone... 5600km.

80km/hour birb = 2.9 days flight
90km/hour drago = 2.6 days flight

And this is ignoring Gendry entirely.

Not to mention the show portrayed it as being one night... Gendry started running in the afternoon, got to the wall by the next morning, raven got to Dragonstone by midday, dragon woman to them by the that night...

>two

Adding onto this, King's Landing and Dragonstone are essentially the same latitude:

youtube.com/watch?v=xnB9Y39KCFg

Its sad because this whole thing could have been fixed if you just had the characters have camping equipment on them. And just show them making a fire place and cooking shit they brought over. They claim it needed to be just one day, but there is no reason for that, they just did it because they are retarded and didn't plan ahead, much like Jon Snow and crew

NK was basically doing pic related... plus he's not just a mindless killer. He had a scheme and was sizing up the enemy

The wildlings survived further beyond where it must be much more colder, people can survive for at least a week without food.

Most of those people IRL were trapped.

the wildlings have fire, food, shelter, and water. They lived there user, they weren't camping or stranded.

not even him, but they should have froze to death in the very first night, since they were too retarded to put a fire.

Darth Maul looked scary. "Night King" looks ridiculous.

>yeah bro they just waited in freezing cold and no shelter for 3 days

Nigger, they came across a mountain that they couldn't even see from the wall. As someone who goes hiking a lot, covering such long distances, with such heavy equipment, would at least take one day, especially since the scenery was very diverse.

>Because they cost far too much to make those ice javelins
you don't know that

But if they sat there for 3 days, we should've been given some scenes there to indicate time passing. Either the producers can't into basic pacing, filmmaking 101, or they were there at most one night.

And next episode they're in kings landning again...

the White Walkers were waiting for an APOLOGY

You wouldn't survive a night in those temperatures without shelter and fire. Given that they were all sweaty because of fighting and running and didn't have fresh clothes, they would've frozen to death in hours.

Source: I live in the fucking arctic

>-10 Celsius
Fucking lol

This could have all been fixed with Bran Stark seeing the future and sending his own raven from Winterfell to summon the Daenerys and her dragons 2 days before the expedition even reached the frozen lake. The dragons would have been on their way before Gendry even reached Castle Black to send his raven asking for help.

The original raven from castle black arrives a week later after they are saved. "THEN WHO WAS RAVEN?"

It would have made Bran and his power useful to the plot this season and fix all time inconsistencies.