So let's try to have a real discussion

So let's try to have a real discussion.
What are Sup Forums agreed-upon great GOAT shows (as in top 10 shows ever material)?
I'll start (pic related).

>let's try to have a real discussion
come on guys!

GUYS!!!

GUYS I'M BEGGING YOU!!!!

Sopranos, madmen, wire, rome, fargo, twin peaks, probably lost, justified, deadwood and breaking bad

Not my favourite shows, but what seems to be Sup Forums's. I do believe I am forgetting one

forgot The Leftovers

this is NOT a list shows that Sup Forums likes thread. this is a list shows that Sup Forums almost unanimously agrees are GOAT tier thread.
Out of these shows I would say that the only ones that fit this criterion are Sopranos, madmen, wire, rome and deadwood.

these are the obvious, yeah

Other shows that don't get as many threads but get a lot of praise from the people watching would be:

The X-Files
The Shield
Early Game of Thrones

>Deadwood
>GOAT
Sure, if you're a numale with no idea of what a true man is

>probably lost, justified

I would also say Spartacus is something Sup Forums praises

The Sopranos
The Wire
Generation Kill
Treme
The Young Pope
Six Feet Under
Deadwood
Mad Men
Band of Brothers
The Shield

I know, I love it personally but I've seen a lot of people shitting on it because of its style. I guess you're right in the end though, every show has its shitposters, spartacus is not as popular as rome on Sup Forums, but still worthy.

I said I knew I was forgetting something!

It was obviously band of brothers and Six feet under

>Treme
Does Sup Forums even really know about this? Was incredible but hardly anyone ever discussed it. I miss it.

I watched the first episode of Deadwood but didn't like it too much because the characters felt comicy?
Maybe it was cause I watched True Grit a bit earlier where the characters were more believable.
Also I didn't like the sheriff guy, he kinda doesn't fit.
Should I give it another try?

YABA GABA GOOL!

Clearly

MAGA

/thread
all the rest is shit stained dick except maaaaybe for early got
twin peaks' fine, i love it, but it's not this consistent nor this traditionally appealing

Twilight Zone and MASH should probably be up for consideration given their longevity and impact

mad men and sopranos are boring af shit shows

Would you say that Rome and Spartacus are not deserving of spots in that list too?

t. brainlet

for me it's just a binomial thing of the wire and the sopranos...
wouldn't say that the rest is filler cause Simon always delivers (both treme, SMAH and GK have astonishing writing), mad men truly pushed things forward for the series as a medium and the young pope is a bright authoral effort. these all deserve serious attention and analysis. Rome and Spartacus are maybe closer to the deadwood, the shield or BoB league: absolutely top tier series, utterly enjoyable and full of merit, but not quite trascendental for the medium

I see, thanks for explaining your thoughts.