I like movie video essays

Fight me.

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/68514760
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

(You)

>hits you with 23 cuts

Some of them are fine, some others not so much. Most of them are too reductive.

Anyway, Is there something more shallow than Nerdwriter1's video essays?

he's the reddit of the genre. but since EFAP there are so many of these cunt all with the same voice/cadence doing this shit. completely lost its appeal now

The best one out of youtube.
Everyone else is a English major graduate who can't even get a teaching job.
I swear every other channel is just a hollow wordy critical thinking essay.

Took the words out of my mouth. Hey all have the same tone and cadence. It's rather boring and no longer unique - especially since so few of them actually know what they're talking about, and are just using fancy words they learned in film-101.

I feel bad for EFAP, I love that channel and I think is top notch Youtube, but all those shitty smartass wannabes give his videos bad image.

Lessons From the Screenplay isn't terrible.

No. Nerdwriter is about as shallow as a puddle. It's obvious because of how many videos he's able to put out.

What about the less highfalutin academic ones like Ralphthemoviemaker's, Chez Lindsay inb4 sjw, or hbamaguy?

>doesn't upload any new videos
>thousands of patreon bucks
wtf

You're right. He's pretty good. He focuses almost entirely on writing and seems to actually know what he's talking about.

But I swear to God if I see one more video essay referencing STORY or Screenplay...

Spends the time and work.
>only per video.
think i saw it peak at 17-13k range.

my god

Nerdwriter got better in the past year, especially since he stopped doing that stupid thing where he ended every episode like he was saying... something so profound, that he pauses, just... to say... nothing of substance.

I liked his Fidget Spinner video where he played it completely straight. His Logan one was good too. What the fuck happened to Every Frame a Painting, though? He hasn't posted a video in almost a year and he hasn't tweeted since April.

plebs: every frame a painting
patricians: channle chriswell
god patricians: sideways

I like austinmcconnell

Nerdwriter is a piece of shit. I sincerely hate him and his style of talking.

>Sideways

my nigga. Kaptain Kristian is good too, definitely the best editor of the popular video essay guys

Just watched a video because of this post...yes it's terrible.

>hbamaguy
do you mean hbomberguy? I subscribed to him, but he grinds my gears sometimes

I like Georg Rockall-Schmidt.

>sideways
you talking about that music channel? there are 2 problems you are facing
1.it's not about movies
2.he posts once every few months

Hbomberguy is a cunt. Accusing other channels of "plagiarism" and other bullshit. Seems like a total passive aggressive weasel like most male feminists.
Georg is cool. Always look forward to his videos.

Anyway OP you should check out Rob Ager/ Collative learning. Sometimes he's off his nut but he's self aware. Some of his shit is really eye opening though.

Do you uncultured niggers even Kogonada?

vimeo.com/68514760

I miss this channel a lot, he had a really nice presentation style that anybody could pick up on while being full of important details.

Disgusting

I hate films like this

He posts about music in movies

>patricians: channle chriswell

I remember watching a good and very in-depth (like 45 minutes long) video essay about lighting and color in Drive. Cant find it now. Anybody know the video or channel?

wait its gone now?

Kaptain Kristian isn't that good at analyzing film IMO. He's never said anything that made me think or see something in a new light. He's just really good at circle jerking and manipulating nostalgia.

I hate the affected voice all these people use.