Thoughts on the Arya/Waif theory?

Thoughts on the Arya/Waif theory?

If you haven't heard, it's this idea that the Waif actually killed Arya during their showdown in the dark and stole her face. Fans of the theory claim the dialogue between Arya and Jaqen, "Finally a girl has become no one" is a play on words. They claim that the faceless men are extreme method actors and that's why Arya is still killing the people on the list and interacting with people at Winterfell.

Redpill me. Why is it bullshit or why is it legit?

Other urls found in this thread:

metro.co.uk/2016/07/24/game-of-thrones-faye-marsay-shoots-down-fan-theory-regarding-arya-and-the-waif-6025349/
youtube.com/watch?v=3hLrvaKvh3Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The writers of this show aren't good. They're not this clever.

Doesn't make sense. Arya in season 7 knows things Waif could not possibly. She is even familiar with Nymeria and Nymeria with her; she's continuing with the list.
That theory sounds full retard.

metro.co.uk/2016/07/24/game-of-thrones-faye-marsay-shoots-down-fan-theory-regarding-arya-and-the-waif-6025349/

>Speaking at HBO panel, Faye said: ‘I think the theory was a cool one, but I think Arya is Arya and that’s her journey and I think the way it is now is the best way.
>‘The theory is good and it’s creative but they’ve got it right, the writers,’ she added.

It isn't real just because there isn't time for it in 7 episodes.

This. I'd believe if not for Nymeria. The direwolf would know.
Bran being the NK makes more sense than this theory.

>Arya returns to Winterfell
>scene with guards where she's sitting inside the courtyard and looking around with empty eyes
>Bran is autist
>Sansa is ruling
>Jon is not there
>Arya finally realizes Winterfell is not as it was before and it's not her home
>the girl finally becomes true "no one"

that's the reason of her retarded behaviors in last two episodes

Its hinted at in the show, look how Arya stands and how waifu used to stand, in that "DR Pavel I'm CIA" stance.

They think all the time playing the "lying game" was to learn things about Arya.

>Bran, what's up with Arya?
>That's not Arya. That's some other girl who stole her face. That moment was almost as beautiful as the rape, Sansa.

also when Arya is in Winterfell and talks about Ser Rodrik and Maester Luwin to the guards and when she mentions to Sansa that she sleeps in their parents room now

When Arya went to Bravos it was the end for her character. The decisions dabid make were fucking awful beyond that.

What would be the point in having the waifu be involved in the winterfell plot? It's nonsense

it wasnt Aryas wolf tho, she even said it, "thats not you" adn she wasnervous about approaching it, real Arya would have ran to the wolf and hugged it or something but fake Arya was cautious, she even dropped her weapon first.
also SPOILER ALERT in the leaks, the show "Arya" putting on a face and its Aryas face thats why the guy from the other thread said
>now thats its been confirmed

REALLY??? after all the other stupid shit you find this impossible to believe? REALLLYYY????

That's not what was meant by "that's not you." She meant that just hanging out with Arya in Winterfell is not in Nymeria's nature. IIRC it's the same thing she said about herself in season 1 about not being a princess or something to that effect.

Considering that plots are coming together and the story is getting streamlined, yes. D&D have no time to have some surprise waif reveal.

Ned was talking about Arya having kids and stuff, her own family. She said that wasn't her.

It was neither one of those. It was Nymeria that is the only way to explain why it didn't kill/eat Arya. Her saying "that's not you" was more her lying to herself. That was not the wolf she knew when she was on her way to king's landing. No more than she is that same little girl. They recognized each other but neither one was who they were the last time they saw each other.

...is this the new Sneeds Feed and Seed?

I don't believe in the theory but it might be that the FM had some plan to use Arya (or at least, her identity), which makes sense with their unusual treatment of her. For what purpose remains to be seen but obviously it might be some sort of assassination, possibly against Jon, Dany or Sansa. The Lannisters might have the money to hire a FM (same with Ilyrio, possibly).

Yes she may have recognized the direwolf, however, the direwolf REJECTED her.

Animal instincts sensed it was not really her, she would smell different too.

If it's not Arya then why go to winterfell instead of kings landing?
Why go to kings landing in the first place?

Why kill Frey?
What is her endgame?

It's more likely that Rolly Duckfield is Ned.

if so, the wolves would've killed her. They let her live. Because its actually Arya.

Bran would know if it was Arya or not

This theory is stupid.

GRM still gave them the outline for the plot though, so something clever is bound to happen eventually

>having to come up with retarded theories to explain bad writing

Anyone remember the secret Sherlock episode?

Waif also wouldn't have such intimate knowledge of all of Arya's grudges, killing the Frey's etc. Also last episode completely blew this out of that water with the confrontation she had with Salsa on the balcony

Bran knows everything so what? and he isnt even Bran anymore.
get fucked retard

Waif, more like Waifu.

HOLY SHIT!
when they reveal it will it be Breaking Bad tier?
like when Jesse found the ricin cigarette?
youtube.com/watch?v=3hLrvaKvh3Y

Bran would know, he sees all

I might have believed it if their last fight happened right after this, but after seeing her parkouring away from the terminator the next day I became convinced that arya is immortal and the writers won't kill her no matter what

I would love that, and would explain the retardedly aggressive way she is acting. But Arya in this season has already mentioned things that only the original Arya would know.

Top ten reasons why hotpie is the brother of this background character seen twice in season 3!
Don't forget to like and subscribe.

you're retarded.

you're reading into this more than you're supposed to. the point is that when lymeria and arya were separated, they were different beings, had different roles, were weak.

arya was a bitch and lymeria was a pet.

now arya is an assassin with a clear set goal of ridding people on her list and lymeria is pack leader and has wolves dependent on her, and neither can return to the roles they had before so they split.

I've heard the argument that he wouldn't know because it happened in the dark.

Bran knows she's not Arya.

He's also autistic enough not give a fuck.

>it was beautiful... too bad it was so dark

He'd probably be nice enough to let Sansa know

>Nymeria

Bran knowing that it isn't really Arya will "remind" her of the times they used to pleasure one another when they were younger and ask that they commence their relationship.

d&d can't pull this kind of thing off without direct source material, this is why I can't believe it

same shit

>why pursue her list and kill the bridge pedo?
>why does bran not see that she is not arya?
>why does she become emotional from some dead girls dog?

how retarded must you be to believe this crap?

Retarded enough to watch Game of Thrones.

>If you steal Sansa's face, we could reenact the rape. It was beautiful. You could be beautiful.

THE BOAR SANSA! THE WINE WAS RAPE!

I don't think they've built the show well enough for a twist like that.

> this theory
> clever

>acting cautious
>dropping your weapon

t. dies first in horror film

Hate to tell this to the Arya haters, but GRRM's wife... Guess what her favorite character is?

Arya isn't the waif. Why did Jaquen let her go? Why is she still alive after leaving?

Arya recognizes hotpie

It could be really interesting but Dumb and Dumber lost their balls a while ago