They had a hammer, why didn't they hit the ice around their island to make a new ditch?

They had a hammer, why didn't they hit the ice around their island to make a new ditch?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rog8ou-ZepE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

OP is retarded.

Wights went scuba diving later to put the chains around the dragon so they could've went in the water the whole time anyway.

dany's dragon wouldn't have been able to make a landing if they did that

the only dragon that landed did that on the island and they had no idea they were coming

Jon, Jorah and Gendry saw the dragons and could estimate that a dragon could land on the island. Hell, even the biggest one of them, Drogon, could fit in there.

why didn't they use their fire to maybe keep thoros alive but atleast be more comfortable?
why were there no ice giants when they were shown specifically to be in the army, are there other armies that need to be stronger when away from night king?
Why did the white walkers not freeze the ice, or send a wave of wights to make a bridge of zombies? Did the white walkers know they were getting a dragon? why didnt they go for more dragons more quickly?
Why didn't the zombies all rush everyone at once rather than running 1 at a time at the heroes?

Not to mention it would provide a logical nod to why Gendry went there with them and why he did bring a hammer other than that trope like father like son (Robert had a hammer).

They had 3 dragons. Why didnt they tell Daenerys to kill the nigjt king?

Why didn't they take horses on the expedition? Why does the Night King have no archers in his army? Why didn't the Night King kill Drogon instead of Viserion? Why didn't Dany burn the white walkers? Why didn't Benjen climb on the horse?

Dude turn that brain off XD

fire clearly doesn't work against him seeing how he just walks through it, and dragons are apparently retards who can't fight any other way

dragonfire is much more powerful (and potentially magical) than normal fire

>why didn't they use their fire to maybe keep thoros alive but atleast be more comfortable?
Thoros would die nevertheless. There wasn't any natural flamable material on the island. It wouldn't be smart to burn the supplies.
> why were there no ice giants when they were shown specifically to be in the army, are there other armies that need to be stronger when away from night king?
If Night King is not retarded, he would send only a part of his army to meet a group of 9 guys.
> Why did the white walkers not freeze the ice
This is not a book.
> or send a wave of wights to make a bridge of zombies?
The ice was fragile as you could see.
> Did the white walkers know they were getting a dragon?
Irrelevant.
> why didnt they go for more dragons more quickly?
Because they're white walkers, not black runners.
>Why didn't the zombies all rush everyone at once rather than running 1 at a time at the heroes?
Because Night King feared that if he sent them all at once, they would break the ice as it happened the last time.

The fire that he walked over on the ground in ep6 was dragonfire tho

how much are you paid to defend the show here?

I don't think being able to smother fire on the ground is the same as being entirely resistant to flames spewing directly from the source.

Actually op, but those questions were retarded.

why doesnt bran just time travel to the future and bring back machine guns with dragon glass bullets and kill all the white walkers????

They're fairly easy questions to answer. Obvious one might say

I think that's what they are trying to imply with the scene though

Who do you think the children of the forest are?

>Why didn't they take horses on the expedition?
what is the coldest weather people use horses? I know some nights watch rangers use horses, but IRL when people have dogsleds and shit can they use horses in same weather?
>Why does the Night King have no archers in his army?
need arrows. we don't see the intelligence level of the wights. they seem to be smart enough to call for help, try to free/destroy their captured comrade, recognize when ice is safe, attempt to hold down tormund and drag to water rather than all clawing at him. Maybe they are hive mind controlled by walkers and collecting arrows too complicated?
>Why didn't the Night King kill Drogon instead of Viserion?
the only thing that would make sense is if he has Green Seer powers or Lord of Light powers and sees visions of what is supposed to happen, thats why rather than just doing obvious solution to kill the suicide squad they were luring a dragon.
>Why didn't Dany burn the white walkers?
she's a woman
> Why didn't Benjen climb on the horse?
can't cross the wall, would rather die now his duty is done? no time to explain

It doesn't seem the dead army can shoot arrows for some reason and the horse is significantly slower and would stop because of tiredness too many miles from the wall. Agree with other points.

Benjen's horse was fine.

benjen used a horse

his horse was magical LMAO it's a fantasy bro

where are these other armies
>Bran says the night king is marching on eastwatch
>they spend a whole day waiting
surely the giants would catch up if they started together and the horde ran.

Jon has a magical horse now?

Jon's on a boat now, but he's gonna go riding, if you know what I mean.

Benjen's horse is an undead horse

>where are these other armies
Marching on Eastwatch, you idiot.
> surely the giants would catch up if they started together and the horde ran
Only a small portion of the army run to get 9 living. Not a reason for more.

>marching on eastwatch
why won't they teleport

No mages.

>Because they're white walkers, not black runners.

I kek'd

?

>who is night king

how can you tell?

A necromancer.

I don't give a fuck about the justifications, beric magically lighting up the sword and in the very same shot you have jorah and jon talk about how they're freezing to death is retarded as fuck. Like at least use the opportunity right then and hurdle around the fire, what's wrong with you, is stoically striking a pose looking into the distance all cool more important than getting warm or what

Did the wights watch them shit?

Why didn't Frodo use a helicopter to get to the volcano.

Why didn't the night king throw spears at them?

Was it wrong that I wanted them to share furs and cuddle with each other as they used each other's breathe and warmth to stay alive?

Why didn't they have Bran follow them with a raven so he could tell Dany if they needed help?

>They had a hammer, why didn't they hit the ice around their island to make a new ditch?
because ice, ice bby

NK is a master tactician he was waiting to get some sweet ass dragon pet

why didn't the dudes just step over the broken ice to refreeze it? it's not like any of jon snow's party had long range weapons

Yes but they still should have. I don't know, if they wouldn't constantly *talk* about how they're cold I wouldn't believe it because they certainly don't act like it.

youtu.be/rog8ou-ZepE

Fair point. But if so why didn't he do it the moment they arrived? Considering in the span of less than two minutes of trying he got one and almost two, seems he could've sniped Danny on blacko first and then the others, and win.

Also why didn't they get the dragons to melt the night king?

Hound had stones.

He does, wait for the next episode.
Saw it at a preview, at first the audience laughed at the Dragon glass machine guns and shoulder mounted grenade launchers, but after a while they warmed up to it.

THE REAL QUESTION IS:

Why the fuck weren't they ALL supplied with Dragon glass weapons when Jon had discovered a MOUNTAIN of it weeks before.

Instead the hound had his little kindling slicing axe.
Really, what was the point.
Could have all had Dragon glass arrows, rained a volley on the night king and voila, game over.
Half the series about dragon glass and they don't take it with them.
Also, why did only a handful of them go north, when there were presumably thousands of wildlings to spare.

Given the force he threw the spear with, any of the white walkers could have hit jon sno across the map with one blow.
Inconsistency.

Not to mention jorahs laughable duel knives.

Why does dnd always insist on shitty weapons? Like morning star duel wielding?

I would imagine those spears are special because of how ceremoniously one WW gave it to the NK, so it'd be a waste

I think bran/night king knew they would come with the dragon, he wanted to bait them.

They could've killed all of them easy IMO

Which means Varees was being controlled by Bram in the first place.
He was the one who suggested sending a wight to King's landing.
They want to communicate with the mountain, to find out if he really did rape them and murder them, and if so, what did it feel like.

Hey, he killed a giant white pawker bear with those daggers.

They should have had jon leave his sword at home, and take a metal fan or a wooden staff with him instead.

Why was the lake barely frozen when they first got there but was rock solid after breaking it a day or two later?

he was a blacksmith, he just had more experience with a hammer than a sword. He already took out two goldcloaks with it

White walkers were present and making it freeze harder.

I love this show.

The wights that went under didn't come back up

Did I miss something, or was Uncle Benjen a retarded deus ex machina?

Because the weather changed.

From what? Freezing fucking cold to freezing fucking cold?

> never saw a frozen lake in his lifetime

It would be better to kill the dragon that can leave and the. The dragon that has to take off. If they killed dragon the others could have flown away more easily

Not an argument.

It would be better to kill the dragon that can leave and then the dragon that has to take off. If they killed Drogon the others could have flown away more easily

It is. You clearly do not grasp the basics of nature.

>They had a hammer, why didn't they hit the ice around their island to make a new ditch?

becosh, chaosh isha laddeh

Why did they tell Gendry to run back to the wall and then they ran the opposite direction? they already had the wight, why not EVERYONE run back to the wall?

>Why did they tell Gendry to run back to the wall and then they ran the opposite direction? they already had the wight, why not EVERYONE run back to the wall?

How far were they from the wall when Gendry started sprinting back?

How long were they on that island?

How did Thoros freeze to death when he had a flaming sword?

Did Jon's Targaryan blood provide additional heat and stop him alive after he took a dive in the lake?

Why did Dany bother waiting for Jon at the wall if she wasn't going to be patient? Odds were against him returning at all, yet, not only did she wait for him at the wall, but she impatiently waited for him at the wall. Not only did she think he had a chance of returning, but also that he had a chance of returning in miraculous time considering his condition. Why wait for him if you're not prepared to wait for a long ass fucking time?

Explain.

Why didn't the ice simply break again with the arny of wights on top of it?

>Why did Dany bother waiting for Jon at the wall if she wasn't going to be patient? Odds were against him returning at all, yet, not only did she wait for him at the wall, but she impatiently waited for him at the wall. Not only did she think he had a chance of returning, but also that he had a chance of returning in miraculous time considering his condition. Why wait for him if you're not prepared to wait for a long ass fucking time?

>Why didn't the ice simply break again with the arny of wights on top of it?

>How far were they from the wall when Gendry started sprinting back?
A couple hours.
>How long were they on that island?
12+ hours.
>How did Thoros freeze to death when he had a flaming sword?
Can't keep a flaming sword while you are sleeping.
>Did Jon's Targaryan blood provide additional heat and stop him alive after he took a dive in the lake?
Sure.
>Why did Dany bother waiting for Jon at the wall
She wasn't, she was just mourning her ded dragon and ded manlet husbando.

Yeah! And why didn't Jon get on the fucking dragon already while everyone is waiting on him? And why did Arya suddenly have a problem with Sansa when she already knew most of that shit anyhow?

Why didn't the white walkers walk on the water to freeze it? It was established in season 6 that they're so cold, they can walk on fire and smother it with their coldness?

Why didn't the chad NK throw his ice spears at them while they were on the island?

Why did the sun set and rise like it was a normal day?

They're in the far north, days/nights should be significantly longer

>12+ hours
So in 12-18 hours, Gendry ran back, recovered consciousness and explained the situation. Then, still within that 12-18 hour window, a Raven flew all the way from Eastwatch (well over 1000 miles), and informed Dany of the situation so she could fly all the way back and find them north of the wall.

>Can't keep a flaming sword while you are sleeping.
You think they're sleeping in -200 degree weather with an army of the dead waiting to attack them?

I didn't ask those questions because I wanted answers. I was pointing out that the episode made no sense for multiple reasons.

i dropped this after the last season, but it looks like s7 is just "remember ___ character from season __? well guess what, they're gonna be in the cluster fuck of a battle too" instead of like fantasy politics

sauce on pic

>How long were they on that island?
Certainly not enough time to still be alive while a raven to flies all across the continent, delivers a letter and then Dany flies the same distance back.

why didn't they bring any of the dragon glass with them?

She was waiting hoping Viserion would fly back actually.

Thoros didn't die of cold alone. he died due to injuries + cold.

>I was pointing out that the episode made no sense for multiple reasons.
i agree.
also to add. is it just me or are those people who you replied to you the worst posters on the internet. they are everywhere where discussion could be had and it all comes down to them exaggerating or out right telling lies

When the raven arrived at Dragonstone (Who sent it? How the fuck is there a Maester in Eastwatch-by-the-sea, the NW castle manned by Wildlings, when there's no Maester at Castle Black??), Daenerys is not the one who receives it. That's either Tyrion or Varys. Tyrion clearly wanted Dany to stay.
If that was the case, Why not simply conceal the letter and pretend it never arrived?

Why didn't you use your eyes when watching the episode?

>Why not simply conceal the letter and pretend it never arrived?
do you watch this show? it would obviously be found out and dany would MURDER him and it WOULD have been found out.

King Jon sent Free folk to eastwatch. you don't think he'd have sent a maester with them ?

How would she have found out? Raven never came, it was shot down or whatever. Happens all the time.

Again, there's no maester at the Night Watch's main castle but he'd send one to a place full of wildlings?

do we know he hasn't sent one to castle black ?

He specifically sent Sam down south for him to become the Maester. Bang up job, he did, cleaning shit and then quitting after less than a year.
There's no mention of the maester situation in CB; they could've sent one from Winterfell afterwards but seems unlikely.

so what were they even waiting for then

It wasn't a real Maester, it was a wilding whose name was Maystor.