Have you even been confronted with your own mortality?

Life is fleeting.

>I'm 12; The Post

you'd say that...until it's your turn to lay in the MRI machine

What do you mean?

every day you age the greater the chance something goes wrong. that's the not so fun fact about cancer - it's not some foreign disease. it's your own body turning against you because one day one cell decided to go rogue. And eventually you'll get symptoms...something doesn't feel quite right. Maybe you have headaches or problems with your vision. And you lay down in the MRI and realize it may be taking pictures of how your own body is going to kill you.

How much are mris?

I'm drunk as hell and just spent twenty minutes talking to a mudslime use at a party about how I was glad he wasn't drinking because it's degenerate

get help

Yes, I have. So I have decided to live life doing what I want, what makes me feel good.

I was 6 years old when a rip current pulled me out into the ocean, I was pulled under a wave and mere seconds later my lungs were full of salt water and I was more than 100 feet off shore. Since then I question everything I see, and slowly wade into the pool instead of just jumping right into the surf.

couple thousand

For weeks I've wanted to join the military to fight ISIS and become an alpha with free college as a bonus I guess.

But I don't want to die. Should I do it?

I cant speak for you leaf but the military is the biggest fucking joke waste of space until its actually kill time.
But then again when its kill time its too late to join and get good training, its whatever man.

mongoloid skull detected

Yes, everyone I know and love is dying or moving on with their life readying to settle down and die.
With nobody I don't know if I can continue living, even with my friends and family I heavily considered killing myself. I didn't because it would destroy my mother but she has had several close calls with cancer this year alone and is nearing her 70s.
All my friends have either died of some disease, an accident, or I've just lost complete contact with them for years and years.

Most of my family has been dying recently of random health problems or old age, I was born to a family nearing its middle ages and old ages so now I will be all that is left of the family I know once my parents die.
We use to be a prestigious family but we're already forgotten, and when I die it will be the end of an old line. Nobody will remember me, nobody will remember my parents, my siblings, my grandparents, my cousins, my aunts and uncles. They'll be forgotten forever as if they never existed.

I'm afraid of dying, but not afraid of being dead.

one less to worry about

A few years ago I was rear ended while stopped by a kid in an SUV driving at 45 MPH... totaled my car.. had this x ray take.. any osteopaths here?

He pushed my car out into oncoming traffic and after my head bounced up off the steering wheel I saw cars coming at me..+

had a near-death experience in a car crash. The strangest thing: after a certain threshold, your sense of pain just kinda... shuts off. I guess in some sense thats shock, but it was such a strange realization. Still fucks with me to this day. I'd like to get shot just to feel it again

What's the problem? I might be able to refer you.

>in the oil field I was almost crushed by shit that was on being hung on old chains with the crane regularly weighing over 5 tons over 7 times in total as the chains couldnt handle the weight.
>I almost got literally blown in half from pressure testing valves with air pressure twice. Over 16K worth to be exact.
>Got into 3 wrecks on hastily made, and very shitty, dirt roads. One of which my friend died in.
>Almost had my head squished between an asshole friend trying to be funny on a forklift and the wall. Lost my left pinky from that.
>A gate checker was killed in the middle of the night by some wetback drifters on the same location I had to go on for a grease job. Was going to park my truck near the checkers trailer so I wouldnt get in a wreck but ended up just driving off.

And that's only during work.

Ive survived a suicide bombing, an ied blowing up under my truck, and a rocket impact on another truck.

Been a crazy life.

And then your doctor tells you it's just gas and to stop being a pussy and you come home to post on Sup Forums.

Twice.
Once in a car crash, once from an aneurysm.

I'm still a cunt to everyone so fuck off.

I was a block away from a bomb blast that killed 20 or so last year in Bangkok.

That's probably the closest.

I just wondered about the alignment in this x ray.. I did go to a chiropractor and PT for nine month mainly so I could sue the kid for garmonbozia

I almost got kidnapped when I was 7 years old
Almost felt I was going to die by chocking on food
Almost drowned on Cabos beach

I'm not qualified to give you medical advice. Did anything help to relieve the pain?

It's all out of alignment.

>gas
>in your skull

>Cabos beach
on the Pacific side with those waves dragging you out to sea?

How did you not die?

I suppose I can't tell if I'd be worse without the PT and chiro but I have shit sleep due to neck pain even three years on

>he doesn't get brainfarts
Look at this underage

everything is perceived nothing is knowable its all a dream to me

This might sound turbo-edge, but I don't have a real concept of my own mortality. Sure, I'm afraid of death as much as the next guy, but I can't fathom the idea of me quite literally ceasing to exist. It's alien.

Sounds metal af

Had a cancer scare a few years back, had a ton of biopsies turned out to be benign. It ruined two years of my life

that's possibly because only your body ceases to exist and you don't

Muscular vs. skeletal is important. Can you describe to me what your PT and your chiro did?

that's normal

Only when I was nearly hallucinating from infection pain which being homeless in couldn't do shit about it.

I have congestive heart failure. When I was in the hospital I could not fall asleep because I would stop breathing when I relaxed. That is a hell you never want to experience.

We all act so brave about death until we face it. I can't even explain why, except to say you are left with nothing but your mere existence, which is about to be taken away.

aside from general massaging, some application of heat they used a motorized stretching bench where your neck is harnessed and a kind of pad goes under your knees as you lay on your back and the machine gently pulls on your head.. .. they showed me a number of different stretching exercises to maintain flexibility which i sometimes still do.. I just live with everything as it is I don't even think about looking for any treatment

But you don't know that, you'll be dead. For all you know, the universe itself collapses in on itself the moment your brain ceases all function. I don't like to think of that idea.

You don't sound old enough for that. How old are you? How long ago did you get rear ended, and what happened?

I will be fair and tell you that I am in my late 30s. I got rear ended once in my early 20s.

>couple thousand
fuck that im never getting an MRI

Twice and i am still reckless as fuck. Crush injury and drug overdose.

Get your insurance sorted. The only reason I paid $1k total is because I wanted to get personal copies of what my brain looked like.

I confront it every day but keep deciding against it.

Almost got pulled off an ATV by some drunk asshole while I was stopped on the road in front of his house. Certain he would have beat my ass to a pulp had he succeeded. (I was 16 at the time, 2 years ago).

i'll still never get one

My uncle died a week ago suddenly, the coroner said cardiac arrest.

Feels bad man, there's bad hearts all in my family, I probably only got 40 more years (I'm 24) even if I live healthily. I'm still stuck in the past too much, I gotta get moving to get a family before it's too late.

during college I didn't drink any water for a period of 2 days once. felt terrible for the next day because of the symptoms. I think that's when I realized that I would die eventually and stopped worrying about death.

A normal MRI is just a diagnostic process. Do you need one? Usually they just do a c/t as a quick check if you have a really bad problem.

If you have something more subtle, then a normie MRI probably might not show it up unless it's obvious

no im in good health. my fat percentage is around 26-28% but im working on it. im also like 21

I was 50 when I got hit three years ago.

I am not in pain but my neck is not fully free and easy as it always had been.. lots of crunching and some kinking ..just never seem to find that just right position when trying to go to sleep so usually just drift off feeling like ;" Wow this sucks" rather than... "ahhhhh welcome sleepytime.. I am shall dream and be refreshed when i awaken"..lol

if you're 53 now it could be anything from arthritis to loose cartilage or straight up damaged ligaments.

They are free here.

I almost fell off a third story roof while framing. Stepped on plywood that wasn't nailed down and it flipped.

Got up, gathered all my loose nails, and went back to work.

Man, fuck you. Every time a thread vaguely like this comes up there's always a post like yours. Like fearing your own mortality is such an infantile thing.

Everyone is afraid of dying. Whether they're willing to admit it, young old, black white, everyone is afraid. Once you realize it at whatever age you do, it's a fear that will permanently be in the back of your mind, clawing at your psyche until it's your turn.

Deep down, below even subconscious thought, in the most primitive, animalistic parts of the brain, we all know there's nothing when you die, just nonexistence. Mortality is terrifying and it's not shameful to admit it. Quit being a tough guy.

What's the worst part about sleeping?

I love a nice long hot shower I do.. I get along alright.. I had to I drive for a living so need to be able to turn my head fully freely..

Yes. I had severe hypocgycemia and blacked out. There was a good hour that I lost all memory of. However, when I came to, it was this weird feeling of deja vu.

The only way I can explain it, is that time appeared not to be linear. I felt like I was already aware of the event transpiring, and regaining consciousness was accompanied by a powerful feeling that I had somehow been aware of the events that had transpired ahead of time, and waking up just put me back in the middle of the stream.

yep
earth aint shit but a tiny spec of dust floating on the far outer reaches of a dying galaxy in an ever expanding universe towards inevitable heat death

and to be honest, i don't really care anymore, i'm not 15

trying to find a position for my head on my pillow.. I have three different kinds of pillows

One is a Tempurpedic memory foam another is Sobakowa which is filled with dry Buckwheat hulls and the other is just cotton filled.

the sobakowa actually give me the best support and stays cool.. neck just gets kinked and sharp pains can stab so I have to keep trying to find a position that doesn't trigger discomfort while I can remember a time when I could lay freely without consideration for my position..

just have to make the best of it

Theres nothing to be afraid of, because once youre dead you wont even know it.

Its literally eternal piece.

it is

I've still determined that the best use of my time is on an anime imageboard

Yes, I remember the very first time I told to myself that I was going to die. I was like five at the time, I was at home with my parents, we used to live in an apparent building, first floor. My mother was playing with me in the carpet while my dad was working on the computer, it was late night and suddenly it began to shake pretty strong, at first I didn't know what was going on until my mom hugged me right there on the spot and asked me for a kiss in the cheek, then it hit me, she was actually saying goodbye to me, I thought for the very first time that I was going to die. Fortunately the apartment hold and nothing happened, but you lose something alright when confronted for the very first time with the fact that you are finite.

Nurse, BSN here. You need surgical correction of several things. I would bet you are in severe pain and probably taking copious amounts of Oxycodone.

You need to see several physicians and orthopedics before you can get the OK from your insurance to perform the surgies.

This is assuming you have insurance.

better hold off on that MD ...

I am not taking anything at all and am not in any such high degree of pain.. just some discomfort when trying to get to sleep sometimes and a general slight reduction is full free range of motion...

that x ray was taken ..I need to correct myself it was 2012 so four years ago in Sept,

It does look pretty messed up but I have adapted and maybe the nine moths of therapy I underwent after that x ray did some good beyond creating a medical basis for me to sue the idiot who hit me.

Eh? What does that have to do with stopped breathing? Should there not be something wrong with your lungs instead? And that sounds terrible. The only way I wouldn't want to die is in my sleep.

fluid build up chokes your heart..

Stroke survivor. Caused from a hole in my heart (PFO).

I like to think the external world is merely a reflection of my inner world. Everything begins in my head then the tendrils of thought wind there way around the outer realms twisting everything to my liking

This generally means more crazy weird fucked up shit

I cant say shit with that incidense. Do you have the one took from your side?. Also, symptoms?

Ya i have had a near mental breakdown recently to be honest

But I'll be immortal thanks to modern medicine

Stage 2 testicular cancer, lost a nut, but atleast we've got healthcare so I didn't end up a couple hundred grand in debt.

Currently standing at 6ft and weighing in at 115lbs.
My body feels different since chemo, as if it isn't mine..

I had to get a scan once because my whole body almost was numb including torso, legs and feet - not just arms and I even had it in my face and head and it wouldn't go away for weeks.
I also had severe headache that had me puking once and wouldn't let me fall asleep until I cried myself to sleep at 6am.

Everyone thought it would be a brain tumor and so did I.

So I took the scan and a few days later got the results and everything was alright, they couldn't find anything. And soon later the symptoms just went away. Doctors think it was some infection that got a hold of my nerves and got killed my medication.

Those were the spookiest weeks of my life in retrospect. I remember just feeling a slight relief though opening the results while my mom was almost crying.

Fractured my leg preventing a heavy, but poorly secured swing bench from falling onto me and my friend's faces. This one was made from metal, probably home-made, and me and my friend were using it as a swingset to see how far we could make it go. Eventually the whole thing toppled over and threw me and my friend to the ground before collapsing on top of us. It was by pure luck/reflex that I raised my legs to catch the thing falling over us. For the longest time I thought I was a hero for 'saving our lives', but I was ultimately the one that got us into that mess to begin with. Oh well, it was the first time I literally thought I was going to die.

""""free"""""

Also when I was younger I almost killed my brother with a hammer to the face. I faked that I would throw him but the end actually came off and smashed into the wall like 10 cm next to him - if not closer.

I am so glad my brother is still with me today. I wouldn't be him without him and every time I think back at how stupid I was I begin to tear up.

Almost had a 2200lb horse trample me last week. I haven't even had children yet. Something that is unique to the human experience is that we are aware of our own mortality, which would put us in a perpetual state of terror if we only thought of that. Nearly everything done by human beings is done to assuage those feelings and assure ourselves that it's worth it, somehow, when we punch our tickets.

The you that existed 12 years ago is dead.

Do you care? Nope. Nobody does.

The son of one of my dad's coworkers had the left half of his body suddenly paralyzed by some viral infection a couple of months ago. Half his face, his left arm, leg, all the muscles in his left side, everything was just hanging down and dangling around. They identified it as some rare disease that occurs primarily in young people and were able to treat it. All in all it lasted about a week and a half, until the paralyzation was suddenly gone one morning.

My idiot brother almost stabbed an eye out when I was making breakfast a few years back. Left a chef's knife on the counter, dicked around at the stove, and heard him say "I should put this away before someone gets hurt" and turned around to see this thing staring me down. He's the kind of kid who ran with scissors.

>all these Americans with money issues

Protip: if you need an expensive test come to Monterrey and have it done here for less than scraps. MRIs are around 50 dollars and it's the exact same shit.

Oh fuck off.
My body has been trying to kill me since 9th grade with auto immune disorders.

Funny part is at the time I liked xmen and that's when my mutant powers were supposed to show. Not a fun mutation.

What's it like living in France user?

Several times.

Figures, since your flag is a first aid symbol.

A couples of times by external influences. A car crash and a really bad mountain bike crash.

Madness takes its toll.