Those were not Engineers

Those were not Engineers...

k

they look like some peasants with with this low tier woolen clothes

They were. They don't have the time or money to deck out everyone of those guys in the high quality makeup that they used for the characters with more screentime.
Get fucked

Sclera lenses aren't expensive and neither is the minimal cgi that would be required to black out their eyes in that shot. Skin color is different too. Either Scott forgot what the engineers looked like or this is a different race or breed of them.

they look like the neanderthal version of the species

Two possibilities:

1. The humanoids that David slaughtered were another race that the Engineers had seeded but, unlike humans, they were still in contact with. This would explain why the city looked relatively low-tech, except for the thing the ship docked to.

2. There's some as yet unrevealed hierarchy to the Engineer society, and the ones we saw in Prometheus are some kind of elite ruling class while these guys are just the plebs.

wasn't that obvious? people thought they were engineers?

Both reasonable and highly likely but knowing Ridley Scott we will never get an explanation and all the coming prequels will just focus on the slight variations of Xenomorph. God damn why did he have to take everything interesting and promising from Prometheus and just shit all over it?

>pale skin
>bald
>no eyebrows
>david literally narrates over the scene how they arrived at the engineers homeworld

Well yeah it's hard not to think they're supposed to be engineers when you first see the movie.

i agree. they were not engineers. because liar lindelof is not a sci-fi person.

they're engineers. the engineers decimated their own culture with the black goo, the planet covenant takes place on is one of the last bastions of their civilization.

it's why it's all rather low tech and why they all got excited to see another engineer ship.

yeah but they look completely different

Is this a female?

>Those were not Engineers...
>engineers.jpg

what did you mean by this?

There are no females in STEM

heh

heh

huh

These are the niggers of the engineers OP

hoh

They're brits

hah

hqh

hih

Yes there are, and they look roughly like

huh

heh

hih

It wasn't Scott's idea. It was Fox that pretty much forced him to turn his Prometheus sequel into an Alien film to draw in more casuals

and why would advanced engineers all come outside to worship a 2000 year old ship they left on a weapons facility designed to destroy humanity?

its pretty obvious the 'engineers' that david killed were an engineer-seeded species that were still primitive, waiting for a "second coming" similar to jesus returning to earth.

>its pretty obvious

for you

The way that Ridley shot the landscape intros for the intro to Prometheus and when the Covenant crew land on the planet, makes me feel like that they're the same planet. I was trying to look to see if any of the landscapes matched up but I didn't see anything really matching, but it would be much more fitting for the scene of the Engineer sacrificing himself and seeding a much more, primitive species that they could make them pious towards the Engineers whereas we basically spat in their faces and told them to fuck off

Obviously not. They were Prometheuses.

Well the lake shot in Prometheus' intro is the same one outside Weyland's house in covenant.

The Prometheus intro was on a platue with a lake, that led to a massive waterfall. There weren't any mountains around the lake like there were in the Weyland intro or the Covenant crew landing.

There were multiple landscapes leading up to it. The lake shot I mean is pic related.

I honestly didn't catch this. I basically put those windows off as maybe monitors showing a randomly generated landscape. I pretty much focused on the landing scene when i was looking. God damn stuff like this is why i love movies.

holy shit thanks

I thought the Prometheus intro was supposed to be Earth, are you saying it was the planet from Covenant? Because that's fucking retarded

>are you saying it was the planet from Covenant?

No. Go back and read the posts.

He's saying the females in STEM fields look ugly as fuck

I know what's there
I ain't nobody's bitch

I said that after watching Covenant, i thought that they were the same planet, but after seeing the view from Weylands window, my mind has been changed.

You're right.

This is image belongs to the FBI. Delete this right fucking now!

Get the fuck outta here, Broyles.

got bored

maybe the engineers don't like us because we created robots and AI

hheh

but they have space ....

Even all White societies need a nigger-class.

Did you just assume their gender?