Excalibur

>"I have often thought that in the hereafter of our lives, when I owe no more to the future and can be just a man, that we may meet, and you will come to me and claim me as yours, and know that I am your husband. It is a dream I have..."

Is there a film more beautiful than Excalibur? It's just so perfect on so many levels. Nothing can top it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tSukMQHQLIs
albion-swords.com/Discerner/Discerner_Inspiration.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just picked it up today, what am I in for kiddo's?

A fantasy movie that it's embarrassed by the fact that there's knights and wizards
Also surprisingly brutal and realistic fight scenes

isn't embarrassed*

A beautifully shot film with a great story and amazing characters.

Love this film since childhood , still do. Need to watch it again someday. "For it is the doom of men that they forget"

An epic of knights, wizards, and magic.

Greatest sword to ever be on film.

the dialogue was jarring and too on the nose at times and the pacing was chaotic.

the cinematography and set pieces are impressive though.

Best Lancelot.

>surprisingly brutal and realistic fight scenes

I bet you were blown away by the arya/brienne fight.

Snyder

Yeah, this movie does a great job to visually engage you. All the dialogue was ADR'd, that's the only flaw in this movie.

What happened to Patrick Stewart and Liam Neeson's characters?

The got the round table right.

>tfw king arthur was a slut

10/10 Movie. Also, women CANNOT comprehend this scene. Why would Kay tell the truth? He could have been king.

youtube.com/watch?v=tSukMQHQLIs

ADR isn't inherently a flaw, but yeah some of it sounded pretty weird in this one. The most notable example I can think of is when Merlin falls over in a river, you have the actor making these exaggerated sounds while he flails his arms.

Can't remember. All the knights go on the quest for the holy grail, don't know if Patrick and Liam were still around for that.

Did merlin forsee his betrayal by Arthur's sister? Was it all part of the prophecy?

>I didn't know how empty was my soul, until it was filled.

I was thinking about the same scene. One of my favorite moments in the movie, even if the ADR was obvious, the humor got through.

Excalibur is true kino

Merlin in general had some severely corny moments, but it's hard not to be charmed by them.

their dead jim

Bump for life

Knightwave

design literally stolen 100% from some scottish family's 18th-century ceremonial sword

albion-swords.com/Discerner/Discerner_Inspiration.html

>post-roman britain
>plate armor

dropped.

>implying the dirty saxons didn't reduce the United Kino-dom to mud and sticks

Best cinematic depiction of Arthurian legend.

why is the ADR so fucking bad? i can't understand any of the dialogue. most of it is just grunting and yelling.

>mestAVVER!
>nallEYENZ!

also it's creepy as fuck that john boorman made his daughter be in the film, shoot the nude/sex scene, and did a dozen takes of the thrusting and her moaning. dude was a sicko.

Nope, you're gay btw

The only thing I didn't like about the movie is that Mordred's armor looked too cheap compared to the other ones from the movie.

dull

The movie was made to be completely anachronistic in every way

The scene wherein Uryens knights Arthur. Every time...