Does anyone wanna talk about Logan Lucky?

Does anyone wanna talk about Logan Lucky?

I went in expecting a dumb movie, but it was pretty well done.
I also love the redneck setting, and find it strangely comfy in some scenes

I really enjoyed this movie. Pleasantly surprised by the twist towards the end.

Was the implication at the very end that the FBI lady was on to them and she would arrest them? Or that she was more just impressed by them getting away with it?

I liked it ok. A little underwhelming if i'm being honest. I'm a big Soderbergh fan but as is often the case, the script/dialogue wasnt as strong as the excellent direction, cinematography, acting. Craig was excellent, Driver too. You really had to suspend disbelief completely for a lot of the heist contrivances working out, like a dozen of them, especially the prison stuff. Even the fact that the the recital wound up coinciding w/ the score date, come on Sode. But it was charming, comfy, sort of southern Ocean's 11. Tatum was endearing. I would pay to see a Joe Bang spinoff.

waht he said

I feel like people won't be that interested in the movie. Like I saw the trailer, I understood the premise but holy shit did I not get any of the dialogue. Also the trailers were cut really weird.

The implication was the Logan curse I think. Through the movie they mention that each member of the family has had something shitty happen to them. Then the older brother says don't worry about the curse we have money now. Her being there I took as her going rogue trying to solve the case.

I was pleasantly surprised by it. To quote the film, it really is "Ocean's 7/11". A solid heist flick without getting too flashy. The southern setting was well executed.

I thought it was contrived at parts too, but was willing to forgive it because it was so entertaining.

Honestly, it's a neat little flick. A nice return to form for Soderbergh
She was taken off the case, so I feel like she pursued them out of her own burning curiosity. If she revealed that she went against her orders, she'd get in trouble for insubordination.

IT WAS A NICE LITTLE UNOFFENSIVE FLICK IF A BIT UNREMARKABLE

ADAM DRIVER TURNS OUT TO BE THE BEST ACTOR OF THE WHOLE MOVIE AGAIN

CRAIG DID A PRETTY DECENT SOUTHERN ACCENT FOR A BRIT

That movie was boring as fuck. And the "twist" was stupid.

I like the twist.
It shows that he put a lot more thought into the heist than initially expected.

A twist is only effective when it drops hints that help the audience figure it out. This "twist" literally came out of nowhere. Nothing in the movie beforehand would have made you think he was "double-crossing" them or had other plans set up beyond what was actually happening. I'd expect something like that garbage from Shamaylan. Just didn't enjoy the movie. Almost fell asleep multiple times.

I guess it didn't help that I haven't seen the Ocean's movies which every single reviewer has been comparing it to. I think based on its own merits, this movie would not have scored so highly critics.

I was tired as shot and just got out of Brigsby Bear (which touched my fucking soul) so i wasn't at 100% going into this. Kinda went over my head, but the GoT bit was pretty great, anything with Joe Bang was phenomenal, and holy FUCK Riley Keough's slutty-ass outfits were God-tier.

Also Seth MacFarlane was absolutely insufferable.

I agree actually. The whole "twist" was bland.
The heist didn't have any tension to it, they just got in and out pretty easy.
My one question is, were they implying Hilary Swank was in on it at the end?

OCEANS MOVIES ARE EQUALLY AS PLEB, UNAMBITIOUS PAYCHECK MOVIES, NOWHERE NEAR GOOD SODABURG

JUST SLICK COMPETENTLY CRAFTED HEIST FLICKS

Wait, how did the speedway wind up having all the cash if he took a lot?

I wonder if actual robbers pulled the same trick in the end with the money? Because very few criminals would do something like that. It makes sense on paper but greed overwhelms people.

Hillary Swank at the end implied that they were going to get caught anyway, which I thought was the real "twist" of the movie. Probably the only part of the ending that I liked at all.

Wasted Adam Driver
Missed opportunity to be about Joe Bang
No nudity from Riley Keough
Katie Holmes says yes to anything these days.
>Seth MacFarlane - period.
Random Winter Soldier for no reason at all
Shoehorned in heartfelt moment with kid.
WAAAYYY too long.
I just found it boring.

They didn't have all the cash. They got the rest of it in insurance repayments. I guess they didn't want to disclose what else was missing to save face. Which also felt stupid to me, unless they were in on it.

Why was this movie so anti-technology?

UNABOMBER TYPES GET AWAY WITH HEISTS

killdozer guy kinda counts too I guess

To be "authentic redneck" I'm guessing.
I'm from Mississippi and there's more Apple shit and iDevices down there than at Steve Jobs' funeral.

I thought the point of the owner not wanting to put a specific number was so he could gain a profit from the insurance claim, then he wouldn't want the fbi to investigate further.

this was actually the genius of the plan

the first phase of the actual heist involved knocking out the power to part of the speedway, specifically the credit card readers

In doing so the track was reduced to relying on only cash for the day. He knew the protocol dictated on the busiest event of the year to literally just keep dropping cash in the safe without actually doing a proper count

so when he robbed the safe and returned the loot, he only returned most of it, not all of it

by doing this he missed out on the biggest payday of his life, BUT he didn't give the speedway any reason to pursue further ation against them since there is no possible way to know how much money was actually in play or how much they ended up missing. Plus the speedway got an insurance payout anyway so there really is no reason to maintain the manhunt for him

he doesn't get a massive payout but he does get away with it and is considerably better off then when he started

Sodenberg said he wanted to be as anti Ocean 11 as possible, this meant red neck improv whenever possible

Thank you Sodenberg. I needed that.

haha holy fuck that contrast

I saw it, really liked it, and I wholeheartedly recommend it.

I loved the film! I saw it on Sunday.

I enjoyed the twist at the end, I really liked all of the characters. I forgot I was watching Channing Tatum, I really felt for his character.

Also Daniel Craig was amazing I completely forgot it was him too. Driver's role was also very well played.

I enjoyed the tone of the movie and it was without a doubt different from your standard Heist movies.

I really don't want to believe that this site actually has paid shills, but it's hard not to believe it when I see posts like this.

That was his character though so I thought he fit in nicely.

i'm sorry but i'm not a paid shill, I've just gotten more excited about seeing movies lately and I really got into this one.

I mean there were times where it felt it dragged a little, and I do think the rotten tomatoes rating was a little high. Maybe somewhere in the lower 80's would have been better.

I want to see this.