Is this a "good" show or will it just waste my time?

Is this a "good" show or will it just waste my time?
I dont want to fall for yet another Lindelof meme

Well?

i'd say it's an 8/10 overall. worth watching if you've got nothing else.

He actually pulled off a good ending this time.

Worth watching. Specially because there's a couple of masterpieces, great character episodes.

The last couple of episodes from the final season are spectacular. Not sure if you're willing to go through a lot of wtf moments in the first 2 seasons but there is a strong payoff in the end in my opinion. The story is told very obtuse like manner, though.

One of my personal 10/10s I feel in love with the tone and the characters. Watch it if you want something different.

Nothing is ever explained it's all ambiguous metaphors. I stopped at 6th episode

Pretty important to go in not expecting ant big answers. Mostly everything is explained, some stuff are pretty obvious and are not said explicitly, others are more metaphorical, yet very good. Don't watch it for the answers, watch for good tv

Matt episodes are the fucking worst. Why does his speech patterns, body language, and head movements make me so uncomfortable? Is Matt autistic?

no it's stupid

in the end the world is taken over by dogs taking human form

very good show although since season 2 some (((divercity))) comes in and stays till the end

the last episode explains it all

3 of his episodes stand out:
The 2nd one of the 2nd season. Perfectly made as a charactee piece imo.
The International Assassin, great bizzare episode that delves into his character.
And, finally, The most powerful man in the world. Fucking perfect and creative way to end a characters arc. Very surreal, very Lynchesc.

You don't need to like the character to apreciate good tv.

>Another Lidelof meme
If you're referring to Lost then you don't deserve to watch The Leftovers

The last two episodes shit on entirety of LOST
Leftovers is one of rare shows that got better with each season

Lost, Prometheus, Star Trek into darkness

Sorry but hes written a lot of shitty stuff. He thinks hes too clever. Leftovers just happens to be his first good product however it was mostly Tom Perrotta holding his hand, and to add Leftovers was a crotical and ratings failure despite having a pretty diehard fanbase

Hits a little close to home does it?

finished it few weeks ago, its was worth it, tho kinda emotionally demanding, so to speak.
Well written characters that you will grow fond of.

Season 2 is pretty great. As long as you don't expect explanations for everything, you'll enjoy it. The lead actor is really great.

It was really nice and definitely had one of the most satisfying endings I've seen

Maybe. Most autistic people make me uncomfortable. Years ago my cousin who is extremely autistic tried to run over me and my mom in a car in a fit of rage. He killed himself years later. So yeah autism makes me uncomfortable because they are unpredictable and erradic.

Sup Forums loves to overrate this garbage

The ending is good for what it's worth, but it's basically your typical Lindelof bullshit story that's made up of pointless surreal and random events shrouded in tired Biblical iconography.
Also, Max Richter is a good composer but the overuse of his score becomes tiring

>Nothing is ever explained
>Didn't finish it
Retard detected.

Judging by your complaitns, I guess you just watched the 1st season

You are describing Kevin, not Matt. Matt is the asshole priest

Oh shit.
Sorry about that.
You are right haha yet he has a couple of good plot points. His second season episode with the repent thing was pretty great. But not much is great about him, apart frm Eccleston's performance.

This show is fucking great, it has a legitimately haunting quality that I'd honestly attribute to the performances more than anything, especially Carrie Coon and Chris Eccleston's.

I watched the entire thing over the course of about two weeks and every detail stayed with me for days. I'd find myself thinking about a particular scene or the way the characters interacted with each other all the time. I loved every second of it.

I watched everything, but the 1st season was the definitely the worst. I don't think I would enjoy Tom Perrotta's book.

Its pure kino