Let the lard of the black land come farth!

>Let the lard of the black land come farth!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AUu36okH7vs
youtube.com/watch?v=dOnhBKPSuWA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>decapitates the messenger
uncool dude

Why did he start singing? That was kind of weird.

The reason it got deleted tbqh.

>'I am a herald and ambassador, and may not be assailed!'
>Where such laws hold,' said Gandalf, 'it is also the custom for ambassadors to use less insolence. But no one has threatened you. You have naught to fear from us, until your errand is done.
Even Sauron is aware of the custom of not killing messengers. How evil do you have to be if Sauron has the moral high-ground?

He only had the high ground from a certain point of view.

the mouth of sauron was a pretty bad dude though.
according to battle for middle earth 2. I ahven't actually read the books

tfw Aragorn is an Irish beggar masquerading as nobility like Barry Lyndon

Is there anything comfier than a nice LotR thread lads?

It is one of the only bastions left on Sup Forums unspoiled by absolute shit.

In the books he's a Black Numenorean who ended up becoming Sauron's ambassador and second in command (The Witch-King was his chief General). Apparently he learned much about sorcery from Sauron and was more or less his Prime Minister.

Sauron's terms included the Mouth of Sauron moving into Isengard and lording over the human vassal-kingdoms as a sort of feudal lord.

>affirmative action
Was Sauron an SJW?

Well he's the embodiment of evil, so that would make sense.

R U Kidding me

He was LITERALLY Hitler

FOR YOU

Only the Maia deal in absolutes

>mfw we will never get a high fantasy series as good as this again.

A-at least we have these threads, I'd give anything to watch lotr back to back in the kinoplex again with intermissions

Lotr would have been the perfect tv show and hbo or Netflix could have made more tolkino instead we got the hobbit...

Fuck this timeline I'd take 100 rotk and tt deleted scenes over that dreck

Jackson fuck u

Sauron had good intentions that eventually went way beyond just that and it became more of a grab for ultimate power, and anyone who disagreed with his vision of "Order" was done away with. So yeah, an SJW of sorts.

>wanting hbo or netflix jews to poz the shit out of something as pure as LotR

Better than a stupid spic writing the samarrillion or whatever it's called into the hobbit then retconning everything and dumping it all on hackson

fuck me looking back these films were a mess

fair play on the costumes and most of the location work but the script, acting, effects etc. were all over the place.

But the script, acting, and effects are all top tier from beginning to end

Don't worry I'm sure HBO will do a reboot soon with niggo from Star Wars as Aragorn and Lena Dunham as Frodo.

Is Witch King of Angmar the best fantasy villain ever on screen?

Plz no

His battle was so fucking disappointing, what a mistake Hackson made with that

Nope, I watched fellowship yesterday again. Gonna do two towers today. First time watching on a 21:9 display.

that flail usage made up for it

ORC LIVES MATTER

>hype him up like hell
>show him getting armored
>looks badass as fuck; "i will break him"
>3 minutes later
>i am no man :^)

this
the fucking cartoon's was way better

Do Blu Rays actually properly fit them? I would have assumed that the black bars were hard encoded into a 16:9 video

I prefer a good Sneed thread, formerly Chuck's Cuck and Post.

It's an oath, spoken by whoever becomes king of Gondor

You wanna know how to take LotR to the next level. Watch Fellowship on LSD. Preferably on a large, really nice TV with high-def.

It'll be like you're in Middle Earth, and occasionally you'll spontaneously laugh like a mad man at the thought of how ridiculous the entire ordeal is. It's legit one of the best LSD experiences I think is possible to have.

Fuck tripping balls for 10 hours I still haven't watched all the behind the scenes yet

The first one I downloaded had some problems but I downloaded a second one that immediately scaled to 2.35:1 (basically filling my entire screen).

>watching the Making Of documentaries for Fellowship
>mfw that cool little indian Hobbit stuntman who made curry and couldn't swim

>when he shits on the fish Viggo made because it wasn't fish curry

Are there any other movies that come with so many different and complete documentaries on their creation?
I got the extended blu ray set for $30 the other year and it amazes me just how much stuff they packed in to the point of telling how they did every little scene and felt like you were watched a whole new movie.

uh guys, what was Sauron's tax policy?

>Downloaded
Ok yeah, proper downloads only have files without proper aspect ratios

No, those elements are uneven with lots of peaks and lows. It becomes more noticeable in Return of the King

DUDE

is it a coronation or a school talent show?

Good lookin' digits, friendo

>Elijah Wood's last day on set

I don't remember any bad acting, writing, or effects in rotk. Only bad writing I can think of is sarumans extended death and thus ignoring in the theatrical version

It didn't matter at that point. It was a fight for death or life. Diplomacy was just one last trick by Sauron. Aragorn saw through this.

watch the battle scenes again, they look like something out of Age of Empires also
>legolas surfing on mumakil

he wanted to implement a 100% living tax imposed on the gondorians, payed in blood

It got deleted because it was a shit scene with no basis at all in the books.

>>mfw we will never get a high fantasy series as good as this again.

Someday, user....someday.

Never mattered to begin with. If they were smart, they would know what Sauron would eventually do and tell them to fuck off. Hell, it's ancient history and they SHOULD know what would happen. Sauron clearly just used it to expedite his plans. If he didn't need to fight an unnecessary war and could simply corrupt them and/or take care of them later, even better.

LSD

>I'd give anything to watch lotr back to back in the kinoplex again with intermissions

Just wait a few years it will surely get a re-release on the 20th anniversary of the release of the first movie.

>tfw you realise at the end, that you've thrown in your lot with a dark lord-in-waiting
Those scummy Isildur genes. No surprise that Aragon's descendants probably instigated the pogrom against other races in 4th Age.

watch it together with young son(s)

>Sean Bean climbs a mountain in full Boromir attire, because he's afraid of flying with the helicopter

The Fellowship is the best.

>he doesn't understand subversions of expectations
>he's such a brainlet that he wants all his cliches to be played straight

Isn't even know what you were expecting considering that two movies prior Aragorn beat all nine of them by himself

So I'll not seeing any issues. Legolas killing the mumakil was dumb fanservice but literally nothing more then a two minute scene that's forgotten as soon as it's over.

This. In the book the battles weren't that epic.

WHAT IS IT? WHAT DO YOU SMELL?

/MANFLESH/

>fighting honorably against a god of evil

They were, there just weren't individuals doing le ebin things. I don't know why that bothers people so much. I mean it's not like Snyder tier turning gruesome, serious realism into 300: capeshit edition kind of tonal change. Tolkeins works contain shitloads of hella f*kin epic action so it's not bizarre for the films to have it too

Oh sure, we'll they made a special ending for you where Aragorn and the Witch King have a 20 minute cgi fight scene on top of a volcano and when the witch king says "no man can kill me" Aragorn says "TAKE THIS!" And stabs him. Cause the sword killed him, and the swords not a man. Way better right?

SOMEONE BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPED

>Viggo walks along with Sean so he doesn't climb it alone

honestly i would prefer if hollwood stayed as far away as possible from my beloved botns i do not need to watch michael b jordan play severian

This shit right here, man. I can watch sad/emotional movies all day, but there's something about true male companionship/friendship that really hits me deep.

>mfw

INNNNNSPEEECTTIOOOOONNNNN!!

Everyone get your digits out.

What is the best, most-encompassing, most content-including, most extras-filled, most best absolutely deffinitive version the LotR movie trilogy I should own?

I've seen the Extended edition of the trilogy, but now I'm interested in behind-the-scenes material and seeing anything that was filmed but cut.

Please help.

>LOTR is almost 20 years old now
>nothing has surpassed nor even come within a mile of its production quality and sheer scale

Is there an HD version of Fellowship without the weird filter?

Guys, why did the Hobbit movies suck so much?

What happened to Peter in those years?

It was literally Lucas and his prequels all over again.

So how did the orcs know what a menu is?

Troy, Avatar, Star Wars, the list goes on

>any of those
>memorable in the slightest or viewable more than once
Kingdom of Heaven Director's Cut might qualify though

How can you not know that the producers threw the entire project at PJ with two weeks to prepare.
It wasn't his fault.

They were more of a product strictly for making money rather than a labor of love, also he became over-reliant on CGI like Lucas.
I still like Peter though even if the Hobbit movies sucked ass, you can tell that third movie was him just not giving a fuck at all.

Why wouldn't they, honestly?
They're civilized enough to be able to talk, think, and fight in a somewhat strategic manner, as well as have a military hierarchy. Plus, it's not like it was their first day of warring and pillaging. They must've ransacked several inns and taverns by that point.

I never understood why people were so mad at this quote. I agree, it's really cheesy, and does not fit the theme of the movie, but most of the complaints I see are about the orcs not knowing what a menu is. I never found that surprising at all.

Is this, maybe, a joke I'm not getting?

Would explain the insanely open ended explanation that Elves and Dwarves "faded away". Quite odd for the Dwarves to fade away after they finally get Khazad-dum back and the seventh and final iteration of Durin which would surely usher in another golden age for the dwarves.

Clearly Aragorn or his descendants eventually wiped out any nonhumans to solidify themselves as the rulers of middle-earth.

Yes, the theatrical version doesn't have the green filter; just extended. Also, there's a great tutorial online about removing the filter from an extended edition remux

fuck off, this is not your safe space

Isn't Sam's actor a total dickhead to everyone from the cast or something?

no, he was a totally overprotective older brother type
youtube.com/watch?v=AUu36okH7vs

I think it was Gimli's actor. He didn't even get the tattoo.

Also, please, I'm still waiting for the answer to my question: . Does anyone know?

I would say this set is probably the best, it's usually pretty cheap (got mine for $35) and it has all the documentaries available to my knowledge plus interactive galleries.
More titmonsters please.

Sean Astin wrote a book where he's trashtalking the cast

>"Rosie Caldwell. She wore ribbons in her hair. If ever I was to marry someone, it would have been her. It would have been her."

I crie everytime lads. This is seriously the most emotional scene in any film I've yet to see. The fact that all Sam can think about as he waits for death to take him is the life he could have had is heartbreaking. He just wanted to marry Rosie and have beautiful Hobbit kids and instead he got dragged onto a fucked quest all because he was droppin' some eaves the night Gandalf sperged out on Frodo.

you know what they say, DO shoot the messenger

Forgot the link

youtube.com/watch?v=dOnhBKPSuWA

>I crie everytime lads. This is seriously the most emotional scene in any film I've yet to see
>implying

I will tell you if you give me sauce

Thanks, I'll check out the contents.

Just some chick on public transport in Poland. Nothing else of her exists, as far as I know.

>my friends, you bow to no one