BATMAN IS NOT CANON TO DCEU

YOU CANT MAKE THIS SHIT UP
slashfilm.com/the-batman-not-part-of-the-dc-extended-universe/
>“Well I have a vision for a way to do something with that character that feels like it resonates with me personally, and a perspective that can grow out into other things. When they approached me, what they said was ‘look, it’s a standalone, it’s not part of the extended universe.’”

Pretty sure they mean the story is stand alone and isolated without it affecting other installments, but sure whatever gets you clicks.

>they get dafoe to play joka

>Will probably be their only good movie
>Not canon
You can't make this shit up

he literally said ''not part of the extended universe'' how much more does he have to spell it out for you

FAKE NEW

>DISNEY SHILLS

Obviously he meant its standalone as in he doesn't have to tie it into any other film like marvel does.

I'll believe it when he announces someone else playing Batman.

I assume this is what they're talking about too after reading it, unless it's explicitly stated otherwise, not having it be canon would be a completely retarded naturally, but having it be an isolated film, exclusively for Batman and not something to use as a stepping stone for other hero films in the DCEU with connecting cameos and plotlines is a good thing to me.

Hell ya R-rated Batman niggas, Logan eat shit!

>stand alone films

So I can get my fucking MoS 2 now after JL?!

They're also making a Joker origins movie that won't be part of the DCEU

So are they giving up on that?

Where exactly does it say its not cannon you retard

wtf is canon anymore?

>YOU CANT MAKE THIS SHIT UP
But you just did

Superheros teaming up is dumb anyway.
I mean seriously, are we suppose to believe Batman is even close to being as useful as Superman? Or the Flash? Or Cyborg?
Also, if these heros all live near each other why do they never help each other out when the world is ending yet again?
Just keep the heros in their own universe

I still can't believe that Joker movie story.

I wonder what he´s thinking, probably something like:

>Why am I starring in movies made by hacks? Is life worth to me at all?

Agreed. The only time they should ever get together is to have orgies and that's it.

Joker can allow more creative leg room than most through unreliable narrative story telling. It's pointless to try to make it canon and tie to other movies, and Joker doesn't have a definitive origin contrary to people thinking TKJ is his origin story. It's left to interpretation if a Joker movie is a elseworld standalone or a spiritual prequel.

Usually, Batman is actually more capable than all these heroes.

Because they wanted the Avengers audience.

hopefully

>win best director oscar
>go back to starring in capeshit

I'm sorry, but this was a dumb decision.

but he dosent even have superpowders

Yeah but the way the shitverse of the flicks portraits it is hilariously bad, Batman is suppose to be one of (if not) the main leaders, I bet that sadfleck is going to be treated as an extra in the flick

neither does Tony Stark or black widow and they're staple members.

Yeah because the writers give him plot armor up the ass or make every hero dumb as a brick.
It's like Mr. Satan being able to defeat Goku after the Frieza saga. It's just retarded.

Dude, in the movie Batman and Wonder Woman are going to be the mentors and sorta of couple. They've already confirmed scenes of them arguing as an old married couple, him rescuing her from villains and her holding him while crying because he's hurt.

Batman and Wonder Woman are the main honchos.

Hey, man. It's not Batman's fault that Superman is gay as fuck for him and constantly subject himself to Batman constant insults and attacks.

i don't care if the DC movies are genius and the marvel ones are utter schlock,
it's just fucking astounding how goddamn terrible DC has been at managing this whole cinematic universe thing

>Batman in Gotham
>stops some killer dude dressed like something stupid
What exactly would make that "not canon" you fucking idiot. Unless reeves wants to hire a different actor and set it in the 1940s and it's a musical it's part of the "Cinematic universes "

It's just not going to cross over with other stuff (Bruce doesn't have lunch with Clark Kent or whatever)

>Disney shills still shilling because GotG2 and spidertwink didn't break a billion

So... Batman is going to be a beta and Wonder Woman his 2 hour "secret" love interest? Oh, man, I bet there´s going to be little to no smidgen of Batman´s low I.Q

good.

movie universes are shit.

No it's just shitty writing and this teaming up stuff is just a lazy way to make money.

High I.Q, I mean

Unh... yeah. But that's what you get after WW.

So what about Batgirl? I men at this point, I hope they just shitcan the whole thing because Joss "Fuck me for money" Whedon is going to destroy it.

I´m going to be waiting for the low score on RT then

They'll probably scrap it and try to have Snyder promote JL to lessen the involvement of Whedon in the movie, which is hilarious.

Forget usefuleness, what the fuck is the shadowy protector of a city doing as a leader in world famous organization? I always imagined that the way the question was portrayed in JLU was similar to how batman would be if the dc universe didn't exist soley to house him. Like if he was in the justice league at all he'd just have a tiny office that disappears in and out of that all the members are curious whats in there, I mean the batman should be the spooky urban legend it sounds like right?

Normies and specially SJW critics will eat it up because of Wonder Woman treating the fucking Batman as her awkward dumb boyfriend.

I think it sounds cool on paper but there hasn't been a single one of these live action team ups of heroes that I've enjoyed so far.

Wonder Woman was a standalone film as well.

Usually, the comics have Batman acting as a villain on the good heroes side, or like some mutant racist mastermind. Basically, he tries to take the control of everything the SUPERheroes do because he wants to keep an eye on them, study and make plans to take them out.

Seriously though. "Zack, you fucked DC too much already, but since your daughter died, we'll let you use that as a way to step back gracefully. Joss "My dick is named Feminist" Whedon will take over & take the credit if it is a hit. If it's not a hit, you'll be blamed & Joss will be praised for trying."

Now: "Heeeeeeey Zack! So uh, can you jump in here and do press for the movie? Joss is a whore & fucked my wife(probably)"

That back is going to break real soon if that is going to be continually used as a reason for something. Come on now.

>trying to reason in a shill thread
Don't waste your time

I doubt it, mainly because it´s a "more than 2 main characters" movie, and as we saw with shit squad, and bvs, they don´t know how to handle more than one main character at the time (the barely managed to make a single character movie good) (WW), it´s going to suck, let´s face it, the shit CGI cyborg is just one superficial prove

I just hope Deathstroke is still part of that movie.

He's my comic book favorite character and I'd love to see him portrayed in a movie.

Warner could always bring the Danish filmmaker Nicolas Winding Refn to do the Batgirl movie he wanted.

isnt the entire movie a email she writes to Batman?

Yes.

Deathstroke was present in the old script but they rewrote the whole thing recently

I hope not, if they get the rights your "favorite comic book character" is probably going to be replaced by a gay nigger

>Month old interview regurgitated as clickbait article
Good job!

so its not stand alone

>if they get the rights
??
Deathstroke is a DC character. and DC is owned by Warner. They already have the rights.

I was being positive. If that´s the case, sorry, prepare to see a gay nigger instead of your "favorite comic book character"

Unless We hear further that Ben Affleck won't be playing in Matt Reeve's Batman, then it's clear he meant that the Batman solos will be isolated from cameos and mcguffins. Meaning he won't be chatting with cyborg about mother boxes on skype and going on dates with Wonder Woman to antiquity biddings with a tacky After Credit with a smirking Darkseid coming from no where.

I know a lot has happened since, but didn't they confirm casting (or at least considering) Joe Mangagnello or whatever (the guy from Magic Mike) to play him?

I don't think he's a perfect cast (Slade was supposed to be blond before his mutation), but he's sexy as fuck and his most famous roles are about him being a pussy chasing Chad, which is pretty accurate to the character.

I don´t think that´s really an excuse, I think Gal is a beautiful woman, as well as a good actress, but, I don´t think she was the right cast for WW

absolutely agree with you
i hated that idea in the very beginning

Well, we're kind of changing the subject here, but as someone who has read a lot of comics over the years, I would argue that Wonder Woman never had a clear character.
She was always the weak part of the DC trinity.

She went from S&M fantasy waifu to cleaning lady to love preaching hippie to ultra violent psychopath to now where she's kind of peaceful but not really.

Diana never had a distinct personality, which is why I didn't mind Gal as much as the others.

Diana used to be the bitch that Superman would be forced to calm the fuck down, with the plus that in Elseworlds the only way he'd manage to calm her hormones was to pump her full of babies.

Then the cartoons aired and she became the snarky diva queen that would stand in the corner with jock Batman where they'd cross-arms and bully Superman together.

Then in the last years she went back to being the psycho bitch that needs Superman to watch out, and now after movies she went back to being snarky stacy that snark with chad Batman.

This

I think it'll be 'separate' from the DCEU in that he's doing his own thing, separate from the other characters, kinda like how Wonder Woman was.

Basically the polar opposite of how Marvel always forces cameos and teamups, connecting arcs etc. between each superhero movie.

Learn to read. It's not part of the universe no matter how hard you fuss

Okay. You're talking about literally every incarnation of the character except for the one in the comics. And I just don't have enough experience with the shows and movies to argue with you.

But whatever.
These characters are supposed to be transcendental and any version is therefor valid.

I just personally think that they could've hired literally ANYONE to play Diana, including a gay black trans amputee or a literal turd with a cape, and it would've been consistent with what pop culture has defined as Wonder Woman.

You guys think these "news" are way more important that they are. The large audience for these movies don't give two shits. They don't even know who directs any movie they watch.

They're not going to cast Ben Affleck for Batman and say "that doesn't count." if this were off the record.

So it's going to be like GotG and Wonder Woman instead of some MCU tier bullshit. Good news

It'll be standalone in the same way Wonder Woman was separate from the rest of the DCEU, or Guardians from the MCU.

Pic related.

Don't you make me dream user. I abandoned this ship already, don't drag me back.

In all seriousness though Dafoe's already been cast in a lame inconsequential role in Aquaman. They did the one thing that would guarantee he can never play the Joker in the DCEU. They cast him in a different role. There's even actors that can move between roles at Marvel and DC but DC did the one thing that would make it totally impossible for him to be the Joker. Fucking tards.

No, i'm talking about the comics. Diana characterization changed over time.

She started like the user said, then in the 80's went the love preaching diplot route, then thanks to Kingdom Come in the 90's became the psychopat that would only calm with Superman's touch, then in the 2000's thanks to the cartoons she became the snickering stacy to the snark jock Batman, then with the comic reboot in the 2010's she went back to the psychopath obsessed about Superman, then now thanks to the movies she became a mix of the lovepreaching (sorta Steve Trevor grilfriend) + snickering stacy friends with jock Batman.

Disney shills BTFO

>love preaching
This is actually constant to pretty much every incarnation of the character since the very beginning, and they kept it in the movie. And guess what? It was a success!
Next thing you know, people are gonna start speculating that if Batman and Superman actually acted like Batman and Superman, that movie might have been a success as well.

In other words, Batman still, for all its flaws, is a successful franchise, and they're worried about backwash from the terribleness of everything else wrecking it, ala BvS.

>This is actually constant to pretty much every incarnation of the character since the very beginning

You really don't remember murderous icequeen from THE NEW 52, do you? Or the whole 90's phase where she would decapitate monsters and try to convince Superman to take over the world in a bunch of Elseworlds.

Suspension of disbelief, in-universe rules, and character based writing user. It's what allows Captain America to be one of the leading avengers. If you're a good writer you figure this shit out. If you're a tard, you sit there and try to find logic in shit that's inherently illogical.

>This is actually constant to pretty much every incarnation of the character since the very beginning

Her appeareance is the matter, she has always been the "typical" American white women; IU don´t see the "change of subjects" here

He never won best director

Brie Larson comes to mind too, from oscar winner to soulless capeshit. Then again that slut can't act for shit so she belongs in marle

What I mean is that Joe Manganiello, like Slade Wilson aka Deathstroke in the comics, is a white heterosexual man with huge muscles and handsome face.

I get that some people were disappointed by Wonder Woman's casting, but I think Joe is a lot closer to the source material than her.
So comparing both casting choices seems kind of pointless.

One more, this time from the comics main universe of the time.

True, still, they´re going to make a shitty movie anyway

:(

>and they're worried about backwash from the terribleness of everything else wrecking it, ala BvS.

Batman was the most commonly praised part of BvS despite the lash. Also Batman recovered from Batman & Robin. Bats is literally King Capeshit. Nobody gives as much of a shit what happens before.

And no, it's not about characters that might cramp his style, it's about avoiding the same bullshit that Disney does with their cameos and mcguffins hogging space just so they can shill an Avengers title. Why do we need a scene where Batman hangs out with Diana or Clark for the weekend?

he's rich

A competent and pragmatic Mr. Satan could kill Goku currently.

They might hint at him creating Brother Eye, which basically would make him the most powerful being on Earth.

go back to shiddit

WB hasnt release any information tbat this is happening im praying its just fake news i will honestly turn my fucking back on all of this
>gotta grow up if its true

What's the fucking point of building Cinematic Universe with every second flick being non-canon.

Isn't he already the most powerful being in the world? Dude is recruiting a bunch of super-powered soldiers, giving them a high-tech house full of murder-weapons he himself build, and if rumors are true banging an immortal goddess capable of killing gods.

That already makes him pretty op. He might even have a hand in reviving an immortal superpowered alien that will become his best friend.

It's becoming increasingly obvious that DC has no faith in its expanded universe. Prepare for a whole lot of these projects to get cancelled after JL is critically slaughtered. Hopefully this is the start of bucking the retarded shared universe trend, because that shit is cancer.

>muh reddit
pathetic

->just fuck my shit up forever senpai
All of this really makes me want to cry i know its pathetic but damn how can the execs be so fucking retarded

I just want Justice League vs Vandal Savage

After Wonder Woman? Dude they have more faith than ever, they are literally doing better than Marvel right now

>muh dc shittyverse
Pathetic