Hey let's talk about something else than niggers, moderate beheaders and presidential candidates

Hey let's talk about something else than niggers, moderate beheaders and presidential candidates.

Let's talk about milk.

I'll explain. In every western countries (especially in Yurop) farmers complain about how much they can sell their production. They often blame the big distributor consortiums who set the prices lower and lower. Right now in France it's the milk producers who go on strike because Lactalis set a buying price extremely low.

But what's the real problem ?
First there's the government. With huge regulations on stuff like milk, only a huge company have the means to distribute milk, so the farmers can't exactly go to the concurrence since it doesn't exist.

Secondly, there's globalism. Many third world countries can now produce more and more, with extremely low prices since there's less regulations and producers are happy with low wages. With low energy costs, it's cheaper for big distributors to get there and ignore the european farmers.

Finally, there's you. Yes, YOU. You who never look twice at what you buy and just get the lowest price. You who think you can have a sandwich with bread, lettuce, tomato, butter, ham, etc... and that can actually cost less than 5$. It's not possible, only a huge bureaucratic machine, taking the money elsewhere and crushing many people in the process, can produce those prices. So maybe it's time to spend more on food and think before you buy.

Waiting for opinions and shitposting.

Third world countries don't really have the ability to compete with the dairy industries in places like North America, Europe and Oceania.

Not entirely but distributors can use third world countries supply to "starve" some western producers if they don't accept lower prices.

I pay 10p extra per litre that goes straight to the farmer on specially marked packs
Cos I fucking love milk
And milk farmers, thanks chaps.

I just drank a litre of milk as post workout protein source (50 grams per 1L). Costs less than buying straight up whey and not disgusting like quark. Thank the gods of economics for cheap milk.

In Canada, dairy is a source of contention as it is heavily regulated as well. Prices are set by the dairy cooperatives, and foreign dairy imports are largely banned.

When deregulation of the industry is suggested, places like USA and New Zealand are the biggest threats, not third world countries.

> it's time to spend more on food

Why exactly?

This is why nationalism can never work because it restricts competition with unnecessary regulation.

I drink goats milk, its not half as cloying as cow milk though a lot more expensive.

We have basically the opposite problem in Canada where the cooperatives set the prices high, and the consumer has to take it.

BTW if you have lactose intolerance(even as adult) you are not white therefore you should kys immidiately.

>Why exactly?
Because you want your farmers to live decently so they KEEP being farmers. If you buy everything from third world who can live on rice or ultra-subsidied americans, there won't be any farmers in your country anymore. And you don't want that to happen. Not just because muh nationalism, it's a strategical matters and it also prevent the day you won't have any other choice to buy from that one big firm who can put any price they want.

It's not the opposite. Farmers are more organised but the cooperative have its own interests and the farmer is kinda forced to go with it too.

In France, it's the distributor, not the consummer who set the price.

In a perfect world, dairy is completely deregulated between producing countries. No subsidies, no price setting, no import bans. The price is set by market forces like any other food product, and consumers can choose what to buy at various levels of quality across multiple nations.

I don't know where you're getting this idea that third world countries have dairy industries that can compete with western producers? Most of all people in places considered third world are lactose intolerant. Not to mention the climate that isn't suitable to dairy production.

Yeah the third world part doesn't really work for milk (but is relevant for others agricultural products)

The fact is Lactalis threaten to supply with foreign products if the french milk farmers don't comply and those foreign products are not up to the same quality standarts than french ones. Despite that, french people don't care and blindly buy cheap milk.

What I'm getting at is that in Canada, the cooperatives are the same as the producers. Its the same group with the same interest in gouging consumers to support an artificially large/ wealthy dairy industry, while lobbying against government policies that would reduce their power. For example, the dairy cooperatives/ producers are one of the loudest voices against trade agreements like TPP (CETA, etc) that would allow countries like New Zealand more access to Canadian markets.

No I don't want that, people who worked in factories before had to find other jobs, and so should the farmers.

And I don't care where or who produces the milk as long as the quality is good.

My girlfriend buys milk and chicken and eggs and stuff directly from some farmer, the quality of the product is better imo too, so will probably continue buying from farmers directly where possible

Niggerniggerniggers

So what's the solution? Because it sounds like you're fixing for import bans and a higher price setting that favors producers over consumers. We have that in Canada, its not better, trust me. It just means consumers pay way more for a staple than they have to, and you have less selection.

I think it's still better. At least you know what you pay for. If you artificially lower the price of milk by starving local farmers, you will end up paying it another way.

This, in the UK customers want to pay more to help the farmers and buy British. I guess frogs are just cunts who care about shekels and not their country's industry.

Not all products are marked as local farmers or not. Milk isn't.

Your milk isn't labelled if its French or not?

French, yes. Local, no.

>impose tarrifs on third world milk imports
>make media campaign to convince people to buy local
>prices even up
>third world becomes less competitive
>farmers are happy
>consumers are happy
>third world baboons' economy goes to shit
It's the best solution

>You who think you can have a sandwich with bread, lettuce, tomato, butter, ham, etc... and that can actually cost less than 5$. It's not possible

It IS possible. We used to work at a fucking factory and support a stay at home wife and 5 children.

SOMEONE along the line has to be fucking us over and taking our money. I'm pretty sure it's the hebrews.

I live in London so there aren't any local farms. The big supermarkets source milk from all different size dairy farmers. So it helps to pay more to help the little guys. Its an essential/staple and id rather pay more for British milk than cheap shit from Poland/EU

So pretty much, if I buy the pricier milk at my local grocery, then I'm helping a fellow American farmer pay the bills?

Correct, it should state it on the label. You don't want to pay more and find out its going pedro

In France you only have milk from huge firms. You don't help the little guy by buying it. There's no real alternative.

>In France you only have milk from huge firms. You don't help the little guy by buying it. There's no real alternative.
That's sad because all the customer will care about is price. In the long term that you will end up importing low quality milk from places like China and Africa. Where quality control isn't priority and this could have severe health consequences for the French people

No, there's heavy regulations on milk.

>Buy more expensive food
>The extra price isn't actually going to the farmer, but to the brand name.

>No, there's heavy regulations on milk
For now

>and that can actually cost less than 5$. It's not possible
well, we have this thing called "rampant overpopulation" and unless we're willing to nuke most of africa, india and china, we're mostly forced to roll like this. maybe if your stupid piece of shit country didn't insist so much on love and tolerance we would adamantly oppose monopolies and other stuff, but now you wear nikes or else you're a hater, and hate is bad.

drinking milk is bad anyways.

Uh oh, somebody's thinking long term...

This.

People say the economy's not zero-sum. At a macro level, maybe, but at the micro level, it often is. For executives at a company to get more, workers must get less. (No, you cannot come up with better ideas to sell more, they are autocratic and it's easier to cut your pay so that's what they do.) Effectively, to make one millionaire, a thousand others must be made poorer to pay for it.

Something to think about when some idiot brags about your country's number of millionaires.