Starship Troopers: Traitor of Mars

Did this film save the Franchise? How do we feel about it?

shit.

I don't want to see anything outside of the first movie and Roughnecks

Especially such a badly-titled japanime

Audiences will never accept non-satirical Starship Troopers. The original has marked the franchise forever

The general audience never appreciated the satirical aspect. Most people think it's just a shitty action movie.

Lighting and backdrops were top tier, models and physics were too wonky/plastic except explosions (those were sublime). Storywise sucked BAD, nice touch V.O. with Diz and Rico. Too many callback one liners thou.

6.1/10

Is that Paz and Big Boss?

>animated

im afraid to even sink time into any of these remakes cause i know they will fuck it up by throwing away the original theme of the universe to push some bullshit morals of today rape has disappear from media

No one who actually likes Heinlein think that movie was good. Complete garbage all of it.

Anyone else wanted a scene where Carl physically raped Sky Marshall Snapp instead of just mind-raping her?

the trailer has him questioning the war never read the books but in the movie the world ran on war propaganda fuck this anti war moralizing

Gonna watch it lets see if its bullshit those need

just saw the title

Traitor of Mars why the fuck do we need this story about someone having our morals of today lets see people wh are 100% brainwashed in the propaganda

any good tits?

The traitor was a plot against Carl by the Sky Marshall.
I liked the movie

>Audiences will never accept non-satirical Starship Troopers.

Yeah, because it's basically 'Fascism: Fuck Yeah!' and there's not really a market for that outside of bitter manlets who can't get laid.

Is it on netflix?

what the fuck is your problem. The movie doesn't represent fascism in a good light. are you retarded?

The original live action movie does.

it does not, what the fuck were you watching?

But Traitor of Mars was satirical

You literal pleb, the original movie is complete satire based on the idea that Heinlein was a fascist when his novel was basically saying you can't beat communism with a nation of pussies and pacifist hippies.

>Society functions perfectly
>After military defeat, fascist state immediately replaces inept general
>Criminal justice is shown to be fast and efficient
>Everything is clean and idyllic
>Indoctrination lesson where democracy is shat on in favour of fascism

What movie were you guys watching is the real question.

The recruits were shit. Odd script with the characters stuttering all the time.

I liked Invasion.

Adam Jensen?

Is it as gory as the original ST?
How many qts get killed

>Society functions perfectly
it doesn't you fool, it presents a fucked up society in a comedic way, it's fucking fiction.

it's meant for the viewer to have fun at the prospect of fascism working out in a very unrealistic setting.

>it presents a fucked up society in a comedic way

How exactly is it 'fucked up'? Everyone we see is clean, highly educated, motivated, wealthy, healthy and happy. There's little to no indication of serious dissent or discontent, their armed forces is shown to be adaptable and effective, recovering rapidly from it's initial defeat.

I'm not seeing the dystopian hellhole you guys apparantly did. It's showing fascism as working.

Remove the satire and that's all you're left with.

Ann was cute in her facistic way.

>There's little to no indication of serious dissent or discontent
thats the point you fucking dingus. You either become the federation slave a mexican. Everyone is happy with that choice. And then there are people like Carl who can do whatever they want. So if you arent on the 1% you either spend your whole life on the mines of fighting bugs instead of shitposting on a taiwanese shitposting board

Federation slave or a mexican. Dumb phoneposter here

Sky Marshall Snapp a qt

>Indoctrination lesson where democracy is shat on in favour of fascism

Literally nothing indoctrinatory about this. Every philosopher worth his salt, from antiquity until now, has rejected the absolute sham that is plebocracy.

>have the balls to make a woman the villain
>she still mostly gets away with it at the end
When will it stop?

3/4 through and its shit

I haven't seen it since I was like 10, but is starship troopers 2 any good? I can't remember much about it other than it was pretty gorey (only film I can remember seeing where the gore affected me)

Can't much about it but I recall it didn't look awful and I kind of enjoyed it, but I was only 10 so I wasn't that critically minded.

I am going to masturbate to this

>fascism fuck yeah
are you stupid?

>no gore
>no tits
What was even the point?

She's cute, going to Google the bitch for some wack a mole with my penis.

2 was a low budget straight to video dumpster fire

3 was suprisingly good considering budget... it had some legit keks

"its a good day to die - when you know the reason why "

can you post more of her

A film cannot save a franchise if no one saw it.

The book is better than anything, but the movie was basically its own thing.

No. It's one of the worst videos I've had the displeasure to ever watch.

The laser guns they shoot don't even have special effects. It's just a flashing light at the end of the barrel. I could focus on nothing else for the entire movie due to that when i realized it.

>The film is a sequel to the 2012 film Starship Troopers: Invasion
Do I need to watch that before?

Most people can't tell the first one is satirical.

>tfw it didn't occur to me for many many years
still
someone pointed out to me
>hey user its actually satirizing fascism
I didn't react violently like WTF UNPOSSIBLE
I just kinda went huh it is isn't it
I mean all the campy elements, all the overthe top shit
was obvious after
though to be fair I didn't see it as some ideal society before being told that it was satire, either

More like Sky Marshall Brapp if you ask me

literally did N O T H I N G wrong