>character development episodes
>action adventure episodes
>lighthearted character banter episodes
>worldbuilding episodes

What Star Trek Discovery will have
>action adventure episodes

Broccoli and Troi

Is it any surprise the ultimate MILF...

I don't remember Archer being in Voyager.

...gave birth to the whiniest, piece of shit loser son?

...Became the ultimate GILF?

youtube.com/watch?v=6d4tiSwoIHY

Must take after his dead father.

Would still fuck.

>almost no real information is out about Discovery besides a trailer and fake articles made up by Sup Forumsfags
>somehow this will be worse than ENT

Why does she like such bad music

Was Pickard the biggest cuck? 20 years after she's widowed and he still doesn't fuck firecrotch.

Voyager is leagues better than ENT and you and I both know that.

Why was she always so smug

She friendzoned him, don't you remember? It was the episode where they could hear each other's thoughts. She must have heard some really creepy stuff and got cold feet.

>tfw they actually gave you a reason why you a so smug
>you are now more powerful than the Q

One can only guess why she agreed to do that video. Someone in the group is probably married to her niece/a good friend of her family or some shit like that.

TNG>>>>Voyager>Enterprise>TOS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DS9

Did they fuck? Please tell me they fucked.

Steven Tyler has a very feminine mouth, user.

>Voyager is leagues bett-

>Sup Forums posters are so autistic that they register any level of confidence as "smug"
clockwork

>tfw OP used my shitty screenshot to start the thread
nice desu

Yes...that would have been part of the joke.

i like the mug

>I stabbed at Dukat with my knife, but his belt buckle stopped it
>from that moment on I followed the prophets

she was a cute. CUTE!

wheelchair tsundere moe

she can do it! don't patronize her!

So one thing always bothered me about the universal translater on DS9:

What does it sound like to Kira, if Sisko is using Bajoran words or reading ancient texts in old Bajoran dialects? So, the translator translates human English to Bajoran, so then if he reads things in Bajoran, is it funneled through English first, then Bajoran?

If nobody knows what I'm saying here, I'm talking about the times we hear Kira switch from English to the sacred texts of old Bajoran prayers...which are in native Bajoran. But Sisko hears them in ancient Bajoran...not English.

god, I hated that bitch so much.
The Klingon chef was cool tho

>god, I hated that bitch so much.
...why?

at least she had a reason to bitch when she is in a wheelchair and probably have the capability to cure her in that time

Want to try that sentence again, bud?

Context programming

no i just forgot a word

>Interesting sci-fi concept
>Funny background characters
>Entertaining and heartwarming resolution based on the rules established by the mystery
It's just perfect.

Data was qt in that episode

So, how does that work? the computer decides when to NOT translate languages mid sentence then? Because otherwise, Sisko should just be hearing literally everything in English, all the time. Which would make it even more confusing if they expect Sisko to recite native Bajoran back to them, because from their hearing, he's just speaking Bajoran the whole time...

Fuck it makes no sense.

if we knew exactly how it worked it would be in use now

nigga, don't think about it too hard. It's just there so we the viewers would understand what they're talking about and also get to hear some fantasy languages.

also watch the DS9 ep where Quark, Rom, and Nog get sent back to the roswell for translation incidents

youtube.com/watch?v=06olHmcJjS0

yeah we are almost there. if it was as ubiquitous as the universal translator is then i would agree

can't get any more comfier than that.

That episode doesn't answer the question of when a translator is on, why someone on the other end of a conversation could differentiate between two languages in the same sentence.

i always assumed it was an implant. i don't know how it works

>don't think
>in a science fiction made to make you think

the Ferengi have implants, yes.

>just finished watching TNG for the first time
>get together with friend to watch the first episode of DS9 and "Generations"
>mfw we cannot contain laughter
>Sisko
>we try to bargain by thinking back to how weirded out we where when we saw the first TNG episode
>Data in Generations
>the Picard space photo album with glitter
>Nexus

What are some of the best TOS episodes?

Sisko is so fucking off in the first two seasons, the actor must have been on some heavy painkillers or something. When Sisko becomes Punished Snake, that's when it gets great.

sisko gets better

Galor class

sometimes it's more autistic to overthink things. In this case trying to find an answer to something that only exists for the viewers convenience is imho kinda pointless.

Why does a late of hair correlate with being a better character?

also note: Eddington

Explain Janeway.

>when you got so much shit on your plate you just shave your hair so you have one less thing to deal with

>What does it sound like to Kira, if Sisko is using Bajoran words or reading ancient texts in old Bajoran dialects?
It doesn't translate, because that language is set to non-translate for Kira.

This is my headcanon/guess based on a less complicated example than you gave:

>Picard knows English
>Picard's combadge knows he knows English based on his Starfleet profile or something
>Picard's combadge translates his English into whatever language the people around him understand and transmits it into their brain somehow
>Picard doesn't know to speak Klingonese properly
>Picard's combadge doesn't translate "Q'apla" as a result

She has the most hair and is the most inconsistent character, what's there to explain?

It's gonna be a tough trek for me

>because that language is set to non-translate for Kira.
source? Where are you getting that from?

Was he, dare I say it, /ourguy/?

>At long last, we have embarked on a star trek.

she whined about not needing help when she did, show some fucking gratitude instead of being a willful and arrogant cunt.

what TNG episode should I watch? I just watched it in its entirety for the
first time and want to relive some good episodes in my comfy bed.

Do you feel that way about all physically handicapped people who want to feel like regular people, you autistic as fuck user?

The Measure of a Man

yes

yes
youtube.com/watch?v=XVaNxB5TN2M

memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Chair

why?

autism

Spamming pic dumps of waifus you say?

>Look at my indipendent Adarak Prime, birthplace of Peach Kanar, free of all Dominions*, look at my "Kotra" friends, witness my Kotra pauldrons, and this? This is Adarakian Kanar, genetically identical to Cardassian Kanar? Maybe. Did I pronounce it correctly? Who cares. Because this is not Adarak Prime, and I am not a Kotra fan.

*(that is true)

10/10

>kek
memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Anal_Beads

my waifu is better than your waifu

Her hotness rivaled Troi.

My head-canon is, that it just doesn't translate idiosyncracies particular to the language. Qapla has no real translation in english, because it is unique to klingon culture (like in Darmok). A different example would be using the word Schadenfreude in english, since there is no direct translation

no way

>The Klingon chef was cool tho

That could have been a good character to flesh out the Klingons

>tfw we never saw Wolf in 'The Klingon Restaurant' and comparing notes about Klingon Opera with the owner

>imagine being malcolm and be like damn i gotta rub you guys down in the decon chamber

The one on the left is pretty hot. Shame about that face though.

Didn't realize I needed a source to say that the UT doesn't translate your own language into your own language for you.