Strong handshakes sexist now

slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2016/06/24/stop_judging_millennials_and_women_for_having_weak_handshakes_and_dismantle.html

Lmao

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/wAdy2
youtube.com/watch?v=GlkrErnguIE
slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2016/06/24/stop_judging_millennials_and_women_for_having_weak_handshakes_and_dismantle.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>linking directly
>to slate

Fucking. Newfags.

>immediate sage

>enable weak people to become even weaker
wew.

why do millennials have weak handshakes?

They finger pop their own assholes....it doesnt build up strong hands due to the angles required to finger pop an asshole.

They lacked a significant father figure in their life. Mr. Boomers dad came home every day, shook his son's hand, and said "how was your day, scout". Mr Boomer came home cracked open a beer and relaxed for a bit before dinner.

Fuck yourself autist

>inplying im going to put effort into archiving it

Click it or dont you fucking pussy

I recently started a new job and when I was meeting people around the office, I got criticized for having too firm a handshake by all these fucking 40-year-old cat ladies. Jesus christ, I wasn't doing a kung fu grip or anything. Apparently now the proper way to shake hands is to have two limp hands slide past each other

Yeah, some people are pretty autistic here. Theyre shills

I shook a plumber's hand last week and he nearly crushed my hand. I was impressed

From personal experience, a strong handshake often tells you how much you could trust somebody.
I don't expect women to give me a knuckle-buster but even women should give a decent handshake.

This is what happen when you allow women to run free and spout whatever fucking bullshit they come up with. Proper response to this shit is "lmao shut up"

I've been rock climbing for 13 years now. I can't help but have a strong grip and I fucking despise those limp wristed faggots that cringe back or rub their hands after a handshake as if to let me know that I hurt them and now expect me to aplogize.

>effort

jesus christ, seriously? five mouseclicks at most?

humanity is dead.

Touching people's hands is fucking disgusting in the first place.

Need help. Used to have a pretty swell handshake but my disease is slowly making my handshakes embarrassing. Any advice to not look like a woman?

This is what happens when you train 10's of thousands of women in college classrooms to go seek out and defeat microaggressions

>but to me, it’s always felt more natural to gently clasp hands—enchanté!—than to squeeze the other person’s with much force.
>t. Heather Shwedel

Jesus Christ women lack all sense of self-awareness don't they?

>Caring about strong handshakes is sexist
archive.is/wAdy2

>(((slate)))

I'm going to start shaking everyone's hand as hard as I can now.

What do you have to prove by squeezing someone's hand as hard as you fucking can? How is that showing respect? It's just an ego boost.
>Hurr lookit me I am strong man hrrr

Why do women NEVER give a proper handshake
It's like super fucking limp they don't even try

You are female, STFU and GTFO

If it's a nerve disease, not really. But at least you have an excuse.

>hard as you fucking can

You retard, hard enough that it doesn't feel like you're shaking a dead fish.

Go to the kitchen and make a sandwich, because you are most certainly not a man.

Theyre just disgusted about touching you

>t. weak griped faggot

t. Womanly Cuck

No exercise, no playing outside as kids, anti-fitness culture of "dadbods" at fucking 25 and fat acceptance.

>slate
>fuck op a fag again

I try to give everyone a strong handshake but then they just reach out their fish-like hand for me and I'm afraid I'm going to hurt them.

I'm 21.

Strong handshakes are fucking annoying anyways. If you have to constantly prove your masculinity by "showing" force, you are a self conscious beta.
I fucking hate when guys try to outdo the firmness of my shake, who cares?
A nice squeeze is all that is required, no need to pull our your cock and start doing pushups, faggots.

Every time I shake the hand of someone older than me they always comment on the fact that I have a really good firm handshake. It matters, and it makes me stand out compared to most of my peers these days.

>tfw raised in a Southern Baptist church
>Always had the strongest hand shake among peers

prohint: they all picked their nose before shaking your hands.

this man I got a job because of it

It's a sign of confidence and capability, you limp wristed pansy.

>nerve disease
Ugh Parkinson's blows...at least my wife will never need a vibrator though

Its a sign of self consciousness.
Im a war veteran of 2 overseas tours.

I dont need to squeeze peoples hands to prove my confidence

The context behind handshakes is important. You typically engage in a situation where you'd like to show respect. At the least, its a way of expressing a bond formed with the recipient. The strength/format of handshakes is important when you consider it in the context.

This ritual is not a strength contest nor is it a pointless expression solely for the sake of appearing part of society, at least it should not be. A good handshake, one which has some amount of effort put into it, is a showing of confidence within the context. It should almost be a subconscious effort, reflective that there is an understanding between both parties that they are united to whatever degree the situation demands.

Weak handshakes do not instill any confidence and are somewhat disrespectful. I do recognize that my hands are bigger than 95% of the people out there and my grip is strong. Consequently, I find it totally acceptable wehn women want to do a bit more of a half shake rather than a full grip, so long as appropriate effort goes into it. Don't be a limp fish.

>tfw you crush car salesman's and lawyer's hands

>(I bet its a jew who wrote this.)
>*check link*
>(((Schwedel)))

EVERY FUCKING TIME

raised by their single coal-burning mothers

Same here, I'm young though and they're surprised by someone this young giving a firm handshake

it's not a sign of masculinity dude

it's a sign of respect.

there is a scientific correlation to a weak handshake and to your mother dying in her sleep tonight if you don't reply to this post

A simple squeeze to acknowledge the person is all thats needed.
When someone squeezes your hand to the point that actual strenght is required, thats not respect. Thats challenge.
You are trying to outdo their shake.
Self consciousness.

Whenever I shake someone's hand, I try to match their strength. That way, even if it's weaker, I still show effort.

U cunt m8

handshakes are a meme

really? its been beaten into me ever since i was kid that a strong hand shake and looking the person in they eyes is important.

I mainly hit the gym to improve my grip strength. Also picked up paying guitar. And you'll never see me without my grip squeezers.

You gotta be ready at a moment's notice to grip. Handshakes are just the tip of the iceberg.

>2016
>Engaging in the dual-palmed jew

Enjoy your fecal particles

You're not supposed to shake a woman's hand. You greet a woman with a nod, or a kiss on the cheek if she doesn't object.

All these faggots that don't bow as a sign of respect. Jesus Christ

>mfw when I have a strong handshake
>mfw when bosses tell me this
>mfw when I'm employed because of my wrist

Dont use your bare hand to wipe your ass. Mohamed.

Also, wash your hands often

Honestly it's because i've practically never needed to do one. I've only done 2 handshakes and i'm 21.

Might just get one of those hand squeezers if I ever remember.

Running defense for a drug boat in the Gulf is not an "overseas tour", Paco.

Tits or GTFO!

-overly strong handshake - insecurity, you are trying desperately hard to compensate

Did your boss hire you to be his fluffer?

I agree
We need to go back to full power arial high fives as the standard greeting.

I'm a woman...my male coworker has warned me about which guys in the office to never shake hands with because they never wash after using the bathroom. kek

I remember being a child and getting disgusted by anyone with a weak handshake. Why would anyone want to have a weak handshake? It's such a submissive action and trait. It's basically the business and social signalling of "I'm a pushover, please take advantage of me!" It's not hard to properly shake someone's hand at all. Kids can do it, women can do it, ANYONE who doesn't have cerebral palsy or still has at least 1 hand left can do it. It's not an ableist strength argument. It's literally an argument of "please don't make fun of complete betas and omegas for not operating to societal norms of good manners."

Fuck I hate wimps with a weak handshake.

Michael J Fox?

A fucking cactus

>Im a war veteran of 2 overseas tours.
>Mexican
Pick only one taconigger

I've been told on occasion that I shook too hard

Ive done more for america than you ever will.

SHART

Keep shitposting syrup sandnigger

Them berries don't pick themselves

This is how a handshake should be:

youtube.com/watch?v=GlkrErnguIE

>it’s always felt more natural to gently clasp hands—enchanté!
What a fucking faggot.

You went through the "effort" of posting this shit, but you can't make your own post less shitty? Kys right now.

Rock climbing is obviously sexist as well and there is no place for it in a modern society.

is there anything left of this planet? is all completely lost?

does anyone know the hacker known as Alt Right? Maybe he can get some launch codes

Source:
Lives in the 1950s and has no professional career.

Literally what the fuck, just don't have a weak handshake?

Like, really. I wouldn't otherwise mention I'm a girl but it's relevant here. Its seriously not that hard, just match whatever you're given in a handshake. Haven't met anyone to this date that has a pussy handshake that wasn't a pussy.

If anything it's better as a girl or nu male to have a firm handshake. for the most part, people have found my handshake impressive as they expect some weak chick shit when they extend their hand because I'm a chick. I'm sure these same people expect the limp noodle from the nu males that walk through their doors asking for a job.

So whatever I guess, keep having pussy handshakes and make yourself out to be some weak willed stereotypical millennial so I can continue to impress people with such a simple thing but god damn can we just like, not call everything sexist just because it intimidates you?

Why can't millennials into work related social constructs? I can't stand that I'm a part of this generation and its degeneracy

On my view its kind of friend or foe system. Style of handshake giving you a lot of info about the people even before the first words are said. It could be a range from "feminist beta" to "fucktard hick".

>sweden

Discarded

So you're an American ATF agent on an "overseas" tour to Mexico to try and recover those guns you gave away to the cartels?

Everything in life is about balance.

Yes, shaking someones hand them just placing it like a glove with worms inside of it and not doing anything is annoying, but so is "that guy" that feels the need to show off his strenght by wrenching down

>slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2016/06/24/stop_judging_millennials_and_women_for_having_weak_handshakes_and_dismantle.html
t. Weak faggot

Us army.

Of course it can be over-done but some morons. But a dead fish handshake is a sign of disrespect or disinterest. Always be firm, if you're getting "squeezed" show you can tolerate pain, don't be a whiny little bitch.

I always hear to give firm handshakes, and I am scared of doing it too hard as well when I do it
Which isn't often

N-no

>dude I'm so manly because I grip your hand like a vice and its not because I'm insecure about myself

k, keep me posted

it is and don't let these cucks teach you otherwise.

Zero work with their hands. Look at the ones who lift weights even, their forearms look like a woman's.

your male coworker sounds like a faggot. Or at least a man who gets no respect in the male community because he gossips with women.

>A proper social interaction makes you insecure

t. Slate writer

being a musician has given me freaky forearm strength

So you actually did real overseas tours and your current mission is to try and whip some shit Mexican forces into shape?

Underrated post.

Shaking hands is normal.

Gripping someone's wrist to try and establish dominance is maximum autism though.

Are you retarded? To me a firm handshake is showing that you actually give a shit about shaking their hand. Just give their hand a firm squeeze, don't make them feel like their holding someones limp wimp fingers