My dad's convinced Robert Deniro is the greatest actor of all time. Help me tear apart his opinions like the pleb he is

My dad's convinced Robert Deniro is the greatest actor of all time. Help me tear apart his opinions like the pleb he is.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AQKS4_Y7QCI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Taxi Driver
>The Deer Hunter
>Heat
>Goodfellas
>Godfather part 2
name one actor who has been in as many god tier films as him

John Cazale.
Al Pacino.
Dustin Hoffman.
Jack Nicholson (so good he was brought in as a stunt casting in a DeNiro movie)

¨That era of De Niro is for sure one of the best of any actor ever dude.

John Cazale is cheating because he died too early.

he could have been the best if he died 10 years ago

Your dad raised a real faggot didn't he

Prime De Niro is the best ever. Just because it's a common opinion doesn't make it wrong.

Harrison Ford exists, user.

Actors are merely cattle to be herded by the director, therefore there can be no "greatest" actor.

Jack Nicholson edges him out, he was in more good films and knew when to just retire

and he didn't raise any ugly black children

Adam Sandler has been in that many good films, De Niro has been phoning it in since the mid fucking nineties and is still going
Explain to your dad that an actor is not the farmer responsible for the creation and maintenance of the crop but the farmers tool, to be used as the farmer sees fit and in the hands of a skilled farmer to create something amazing
Without someone decent behind him he's just taking up space, he's nothing

He is the greatest, kys for thinking otherwise.

Just because he's a cunt of a man and a total joke doesn't mean his acting career isn't phenomenal

>he could have been the best if he died 30 years ago
fixed

99% of deniro movie involves him getting KEKED.

huh

Jack Nicholson was starring in good films back in the 50s and still was up until the 2000s, he had a better career than De Niro who was only good from 1970-1995

The Cry Baby Killer sucked.

Are you, talkin", tuh me?

Tell him he's a racist, that'll do it.

>Harrison Ford exists

Harrison Ford is an icon for the characters he played and not so much his acting. Clearly prime Deniro is/was a much better over all actor.

The problem is De Niro needed to stop acting some where around the year 2000, being almost everything after Ronin is just crap. I don't know if he needed the money or had too much ego to take small roles. I get acting is a job and you work for the money like anyone else. Yet still, some of those projects are so terrible.

it's not helping he made some old man like rambling on political issues and also that he had some just fuggly looking kids. That last part is brutally unfair but still.

Acting isn't always full control of the director. The best films tend to be the actors own interpretation of their character and how to properly convey them while still maintaining chemistry with the other characters. Take the scene at the end of blade runner, where the replicant realizes what the purpose of life is and he saves Harrison ford. That was all from him and the director had no control. The director is the vision and the actor is the conception of that vision. Like whenever an eye witness describes a criminal, cops use sketch artists to convey that vision in there head to get a concept art of the criminal

like many guys De Niro got fucked up by his wife and sold out to make shitty romantic comedies to fund her lifestyle as she popped out her negro spawn

Well he did call his wife a cunt iirc, though the mongoloid babby was his fault as much as hers.

>Al Pacino

overrated

Henry Fonda and Paul Newman were better

I disagree with this. Harrison Ford's legacy and work was swallowed up by pop culture monoliths, but that's unfair to discount the strength of his performances in Witness, or Frantic, or the Fugitive, or 9 to 5, or even The Age of Adaline. Let alone how strong he is as both Han Solo and Indy.
DeNiro did luck out though by being the muse of Scorsese, but as we get further away from that era, I feel like Raging Bull will shine incredibly bright whilst Goodfellas and Taxi Driver will fade a little bit.

Gary Oldman
Daniel Day Lewis
Robert Downey Jnr
Christian Bale
I'll throw Charlize Theron in there as well

I thought he was a first but you really have to hand it to the guy for how magnanimous he is.

>Only listing Hollywood 'actors'

Why are you such plebs, Sup Forums?

Superior, far superior.

That is an extremely white-looking gook. Is he an American rape baby or something? Or is it just the wierd facial expression?

It's not a mongoloid, it's a mulatto.

Just like Dinero

He only fucks them

He's one of the best mate

You don't know what Mongoloid means, do you?

Born to full-blooded Japanese, Methodist missionaries while traveling in China. So maybe wayback in the timeline.

>your dad thinks Deniro is the greates actor (he has reasons)
>you don't (you also have reasons)
>you ask to Sup Forums instead of explaining him your reasons
you don't know shit about Deniro then, you just want to prove him wrong

Anthony Hopkins has as many great performances as Deniro and a lot less trash. Hopkins has been in some garbage but some of Deniro's garbage is inexcusable.

You're absolutely retarded if you think this. Deniro couldn't shine Pacino's shoes on his best day

It's not him, it's the directors. Take a look at his latest films. Directors are no where to be found, neither DeNiro's talent.

100% true!

youtube.com/watch?v=AQKS4_Y7QCI

>No Raging Bull, Awakenings, This Boy's Life or Mean Streets

>Jack Nicholson was starring in good films back in the 50s

He was only in 1 film in the 1950s and didn't have a good role until 1969 and it was a supporting role.

After that he was GOAT for about twenty years though.

I used to think De Niro was the 2nd best actor of all time, then I took an arrow to the knee

literally this

You know how people say that there is more variation within a race than between races?

This is an example of that kind of thing. Your image of an 'average' Japanese is just an average. There probably aren't any actual Japanese who fit that 'average', everyone is an outlier in one way or another.

Of course, there is also the fact that we're one species and the genetic difference between races is quite small and people have gone everywhere and fucked everyone, so there are genes all over the place that pop out from time to time.

It all means that race doesn't mean that much unless you're super-inbred.

wtf I want to breed with niggers now!

>everyone is an outlier