Underworld Blood Wars vs Resident Evil The Final Chapter

which was worse Sup Forums?

I saw every movie of both franchises except these last two.
I'm afraid they'll both suck.

They suck. Both are the worst instalments of each franchise. Underworld Blood Wars feels like a cheap, rushed pilot for SyFy show (only made bearable by Kate and Lara Pulver). RE The Final Chapter is a poorly directed and made mess that clashes with the continuity of every previous movie.

Underworld Blood Wars was the best of its series since it started taking shit less seriously while not looking like absolute shit (4 tried to go with the plastic cold look and it made me cry blood, honestly, but it wasn't much worse than the filter mismanagement in the fist movies). Ice medieval vampires! A dominatrix! Plot going more and more insane! Teleportation! It's a shame the acting was still so restrained, yet poor.

Kill/Marry

Choose.

Marry the one with the bigger tits. Kill the other one

Marry Kate Beckensale how is this even a question

>Sequels to long running, successful female led action movies come out a couple of months from each other.
>Scarcely a peep on social media and articles (aside from stunt woman accident)
>Wonder Woman comes out some months later.
>Social media and article overload about how this finally there's a woman lead action film and that it proves it can money.

I'm all for more women lead films and all that stuff, but I do wish those that made the most noise about it actually knew about what they were talking about instead of bandwagoning to stroke their egos.

As far as Underworld goes (Resident Evil has a niche of fans that just revere W.S. Anderson's movies, but I haven't got into it), it has mantained itself on Kate Beckinsale's ass on leather almost alone (VERY conciously in the direction, with Blood Wars being against the trend in a very interesting manner), so they're hardly a success on women-led films. Also, they're not made by big studios, universally considered just bad, and follow unpopular patterns (Resident Evil and fucking vampires beyond the late 90s? Their existence nowadays is a god damn miracle), so they're not really "legitimate", I guess.

EQUALLY WORSE

>long close-ups of the character's face afterwards
>the only scenes that are a jumbled mess of incomprehensible trash are what should be the best parts of the movie

This.

>so they're not really "legitimate", I guess
That was the problem I was trying to state. It's not so much that I think these are the best films ever or anything, but rather that it's like someone moaning that there isn't sugar-free drinks at kids party, yet when the hosts point out there are plenty of sugar-free drinks available and have been for quite some time, the person just moans that they don't count because it's a "mom & pop's" brand or something and therefore doesn't really count.
They can hope for and look forward top-tier brands, but they shouldn't act like it's the only ones to exist because the others are merely "okay".

Underworld the first franchise where the prequel is the best of the series?

Holy fucking shit

Plus you get her daughter as well who is just as much of a freak thanks to Kate

Underworld gets the atmosphere and aesthetic so right, but everything else so wrong, Blood Wars was the worst yet.

Blood Wars was surprisingly not terrible. Certainly better than Awakening.

Bloodwars was a masterpiece

Underworld

1 > 3 > 4 > 2 > 5

Resident Evil

1 > 2 > 4 > 5 > 3 = 6

Blood Wars is like Jurassic World, its beauty is in the fact it is pretty much an edgy 12 year old's fan fiction.
I wonder if that actress demanded she have a new outfit each scene.

she's so hot

>4 better than anything

Awakening is the worst Underworld movie by far.

Awakening is bad, but 2 and 5 are worse. Evolution is entirely reliant on the first film and does not stand on its own at all. Blood Wars is so poorly made from a direction, editing, and story stand point that one could swear it was it was intended to be some shitty tv movie. It just feels so cheap and poorly cobbled together.

Blood wars while better than 4 was still trash and totally shat on the whole lofr.

>magical dream state where you get a power boost that isn't explained for reason
>suddenly teleportation abilities cuz

Underworld was built on the scene aspect of the virus. And suddenly it takes a magic turn out of nowhere. It is also suffering from the lack of viktor and lucian for compelling characters on both sides of the war. The humans which suddenly found out and wiped out both races are suddenly unmentioned and the state of humanity between the two is unclear meaning shitty world building. Also

>let's kill off micheal for the lulz

I can see if you're coming into the franchise fresh with blood Wars, but if you've been following from the start it is a huge let down and does a disservice to people who have stuck with it

Lore*
Built on the science *

I can't understand what happened with this movie that they were unable to live up to the ""quality"" of RE 4/5

It wasn't a high bar to reach, how could they fail so miserably?

This was really irritating too. "Remember everything that happened in RE2? Yeah well none of that actually happened, here's a flashback to a completely different story." For fuck's sake, how did no one in the production question Wesker forgetting he had superpowers and also forgetting he was the CEO of Umbrella and instead taking orders from a guy who was explicitly his subordinate in two previous movies?

I'd say Blood Wars retroactively improves Awakening because of the backstory it adds to the characters. Originally I couldn't give two shits about David and his father, but tying them to Amelia helped bring back the lore that was originally missing from Awakening. I'm just mad they didn't bring back Zita Görög to film some flashbacks for Blood Wars to better tie things together. She still looks great.

And Michael's absence is really felt (as it was in Awakening), but at least they killed him in an ambiguous way. He came back from worse in Evolution. They really need to get Speedman back.

Awakening is dull from start to finish.

>tfw thanks to Kate sleeping with the director we'll never get Michael Sheen to come back as Lucien
He's the only thing that can save the franchise

ikr. The whole Washington cliffhanger, President Wesker, Red Queen going rogue, and more is ignored/retconned/unmentioned in The Final Chapter.

Here is Jill Valentine's death from the novelization.

>Evolution is entirely reliant on the first film and does not stand on its own at all
And? It's a seamless continuation which ties up the loose ends and adds to the lore. Watching 1 and 2 back to back is a pretty great experience.

>Watching 1 and 2 back to back is a pretty great experience.

Maybe, but a good sequel should have the legs to stand on its own - even if its a continuation. I have the same problem with Quantum of Solace.

I can go back and watch most of the Underworld movie individually, can't do it for Evolution

Empire Strikes Back and Back to the Future 2 are just two examples of universally praised sequels which don't stand on their own.

Yes, but those are good movies. Evolution is not of the same quality as Empire Strikes Back or Back to the Future. And both of those have great stories. Evolution does not.

But whatever user. To each their own.

So I shoot down your criticism and your response is "Well it's still bad because of reasons"?

Is Mila never going to work again after this??

Post more beckinsale leather vampfu ass u twats

Don't get me wrong, you made a good point user, in that yes not every sequel which relies on the previous instalment is bad. But equating Empire Strikes Back to Underworld Evolution is laughable. Empire is a good movie and arguably better than the previous instalment - not to mention it has a great storyline and character progression - its is quite literally iconic. Evolution has none of that, apart from some 'lore' its entirely weaker than the first movie - at least 3 and 4 did something new with the story and weren't just extensions of the first.

But all the Underworld sequels are pretty mediocre.

she is the villain in the Hellboy reboot